[2009.02.02] "Pretty Girl" Koo Hara vs. "Sexy Icon" Amuro Namie

tinggg

hara.jpg

Last year Korea established another golden age for female music groups. During this time, Wonder Girls, SNSD, and Kara, who newly entered this scene, have grown in popularity and become the main subjects.

Kara, which means "Sweet Melody" matches their sweet candy-like image quite well. Recently with their <Pretty Girl> activities, they've gained a lot of popularity through their sweet and lively image.

All 5 members in Kara have a cute and child-like charm to them. But the one that catches peoples' eyes the most is Koo Hara. Joining the team after the member exchange, Hara's round face and big eyes makes her look like a doll. The atmosphere is as though she is a character that just came out of a innocent comic book.

Even before she debuted, Hara had received a lot of interest because she looked a lot like Japanese sexy icon Amuro Namie. Why does the public feel that they look a like? The answer is their facial structure.

The greatest feature of her face is ratio of her features. From the area above her eyebrows versus the area to the bottom of her head is at a 1:1.5 ratio. The American standard is a 1:2 ratio. And from the forehead to the nose and from the nose down should be at a 1:1:1 ratio.

Hara's face ratio is much like that of a child. Thus she has a baby face. Amuro Namie has the same facial ratio as Hara. Both stars have a prominent forehead and a narrow chin.

Another common point is the wide space between their eyebrows. With the perfect amount of space between their eyebrows, it gives off a very comfortable feeling. With similar faces, if the space between the eyebrows is narrows, the face seems more tense and frowning, while if the space between the eyebrows is wider, it seems happier and more understanding. Especially for women, this is favored. Narrow eyebrows tends to give off a feeling of nervousness or stubbornness.

That said, although their facial structure is very similar, the two stars give off very different feelings. Amuro Namie's forehead-nose-chin line resembles a Westerner. Hara's facial features from the front and profile are much more rounded, while Amuro Namie's are much more distinguished.

Another difference is their lips. Hara's lips are like that of a young girl, while Amuro's have a very sexy feminine syle. Her face almost seems like that of a mixed-race person. Having both Eastern and Western characteristics gives off a rather powerful and mysterious feeling. On the contrary, Hara has the charm of a young girl.

Hara and Amuro's faces are indeed rather alike. But versus the sexy style of Amuro, Hara certainly has a different charm. If Hara showed a more "foreign" look like Amuro, then she wouldn't have been able to earn as much popularity. With a song that resembles herself, <Pretty Girl> is the reason that the public has been able to see Hara's exceptional beauty.

Link: http://www.kukinews.com/life/article/view....67668&cp=nv

Tip-Off: Mae

Translated by: Tinggg (thanks Peter!)

Edited by tinggg

it is kinda silly and has no real point XD..

they build Hara up then at the end they kinda tear her down?..

uh.. ookay..

at the end of day HARA is a human doll :(

thanks tinggg :(

^^^

Nah, I don't think they were tearing her down.

They just seem to be pointing out the differences

Since these two have been likened to each other.

I still don't think they look alike though.

Thanks for the translations tinggg.

^^ i meant this part:

But if she were not as gorgeous as Amuro, she may not be receiving the popularity she is currently enjoying.

if she wasn't pretty then she may not be as popular as she is now.. XD

it's not exactly positive.. doesn't give her much credit either.. but maybe it's just me :(

Haha, this news bit is so scientific, it must've been a blast to translate it. But I think Hara will look a lot like Namie Amuro when she ages a bit more. She'll be getting lots of attention later on in her career, especially since she's natural.

Can`t believe the article was released officially instead of a fan blog o.o

don`t they have anything else more important to break down? lol

I`d still prefer Hara`s popularity to base on other points. '___'

thanks tinggg!!!!!!

yea i once looked up amuro.. the first thing i though was.. WOW Hara !!.. keke..

they really do look a like ^^

hara looks kinda... eh really tired on that pic..

Edited by Kami

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...