[2009.02.02] KARA: Our rise to popularity might be slower that Wonder Girls and Soshi, but we're not impatient about it.

coffeebeanie

090202karapu6.jpg

This year, the idol phenomena continues. This is particularly so with girl idol groups. With their first mini-album, Girls Generation is taking over the music charts with <Gee>, and in the middle of this whirlwind is the group KARA, who is ready to take on the challenge.

KARA, who is under DSP Entertainment, the same company that brought Fin.k.l to fame, was prepped to be the fairies of the music industry when they debuted in 2007. They initially gained a lot of attention because of the label '2nd Fin.k.l' but was quickly overshadowed by JYP Entertainments' Wonder Girls. A few months after, SM Entertainment debuted Girls Generation, making it even harder for KARA.

Upon losing vocalist Kim Sunghee last year, they added new members Goo Hara(18) and Kang Jiyoung(16), making the group a 5 member team. They started their transformation last July, with their first mini-album <Rock U>. The concept for KARA was bright, cheerful and cute teens. They continue this concept with their second mini-album <Pretty Girl>, which was released last December 2009. KARA managed to set themselves apart thanks to this new concept. Now, they are getting ready with <Honey> to once again show their cute and cheerful charms.

"I think the brightness and cuteness of the two new members is contagious. While we were on a hiatus, we were very envious of Wonder Girls and Girls Generation. Both teams are very charming and we know that we can learn a lot from them. Seeing the progress of the groups, the older members grow and learn, and the new members also get to learn from the older members.

KARA is aware that their rise to popularity is slower than that of Wonder Girls and Girls Generation. But they are not in a hurry. They are patiently waiting - they know that something easily gained can also be lost very easily.

"If from the very beginning, we had it easy for us, we won't be the KARA that we are today. We became more thankful, and we learned how to treasure every precious moment. We know that we still have a difficult and long way to go, and so we are preparing more for it." (Park Gyuri)

"If we became instant stars, I think it would be harder for us because we would've been performing all the time. After debuting as a singer, I still got a chance to hang out with friends and experience almost all of the same things." (Han Seungyeon)

KARA bragged about how the old members and new members got along so well that they've already perfected their team walk. Each member had nothing but praised for one another.

"I think Seungyeon really has a gift for hosting. She always tells us that she's scared and she's trembling while MCing, but when you see her, she looks so comfortable and the way she talks is so natural. Her management skills is also very good, because she's able to manage her time well, and she doesn't get tired easily, although she has a lot of schedules." (Park Gyuri)

"It hasn't been long since Hara debuted, but already, she's able to show a lot of her talents. She has a pretty face and body, and her proportion is nice, so she looks great in whatever style of clothes she wears. (Laughter) Especially, when we're on stage, I think that's when Hara shines the most. While guesting on programs together, I noticed that she has a quick eye and she's able to adapt to the situation very well. In addition to this, she's also very witty." (Han Seungyeon)

"I joined the team at the same time with our maknae Jiyoung, and I think that her singing skill has vastly improved since then. She used to be worry a lot about the dance steps, but nowadays, she's able to get the choreography right away. I feel really proud of her." (Goo Hara)

"Nicole Unni is very cute and always lively. She really gives her best at everything she does. She also takes care of the other members a lot." (Kang Jiyoung)

"As a leader, Gyuri takes care of us very well. She might find it hard to be a leader sometimes, but she never shows how tired she is or how hard it is for her in front of the members. But I know that she has a lot on her shoulders. She has a strong sense of responsibility, and she is a very patient person." (Jung Nicole)

As it is the beginning of a new year, the KARA members strive to continue their bright and charming performances

"At the end of 2009, we want people to say "Ah, that's really KARA-like", and acknowledge our own unique charms and colors. We will show are persevering ways every step of the way, until we reach the top of the music industry."

source:KUKI NEWS LINK thanks to anne & mae! :lol:

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

Edited by coffeebeanie

They are patiently waiting - they know that something easily gained can also be lost very easily.

Thanks for translating this article coffeebeanie.

It was informative and made a nice read.

They are patiently waiting - they know that something easily gained can also be lost very easily.

aww.. :)

i don't honestly know how other groups are with their fans..

but i really think Kara and Kamilia's relationship is what keeps each other going..

i think a lot of people are surprise when they first see how KARA treats their fans..

it's so geniuine and it's a really important bond..

with all the things they've been through.. they have to be patient

but i think this kind of growth at this pace will really help them

in the long run

the girls all complementing each other :)

thanks tin :D

Good to see your positive attitude.

Go GIRLS! GO KARA!

We're always here, ready to support you.

p.s. - It doesn't seem like 1st gen KARA couldn't gain the fame only b/c of WG and GG.

They were about to be famous, but as Sunghee and Seungyeon had to stop the schedule,

the group couldn't be active as the other groups. When they finished their Secret World promo,

WG came out with mega-hit song, and GG also started doing 1st album promotion...

DSP should've arrange the group's activity effectively... :(

KARA is aware that their rise to popularity is slower than that of Wonder Girls and Girls Generation. But they are not in a hurry. They are patiently waiting - they know that something easily gained can also be lost very easily

"If from the very beginning, we had it easy for us, we won't be the KARA that we are today. We became more thankful, and we learned how to treasure every precious moment. We know that we still have a difficult and long way to go, and so we are preparing more for it." (Park Gyuri)

"If we became instant stars, I think it would be harder for us because we would've been performing all the time. After debuting as a singer, I still got a chance to hang out with friends and experience almost all of the same things." (Han Seungyeon).

It's so true that and they'll value more their popularity because it was hard to get. When you walk in a difficult path in the end of road you know how each step was important. And because of that they'll be more mature and hardworking girls. I admire this girls a lot. They're so genuine.

"As a leader, Gyuri takes care of us very well. She might find it hard to be a leader sometimes, but she never shows how tired she is or how hard it is for her in front of the members. But I know that she has a lot on her shoulders. She has a strong sense of responsibility, and she is a very patient person." (Jung Nicole)

To be a leader in any job is difficult. And i think Gyuri does a good work as a leader because the girls admire Gyuri and so i do ^^

As it is the beginning of a new year, the KARA members strive to continue their bright and charming performances

"At the end of 2009, we want people to say "Ah, that's really KARA-like", and acknowledge our own unique charms and colors. We will show are persevering ways every step of the way, until we reach the top of the music industry."

This is a new year: 2009 and this year will shine to Kara because they deserve as talent people and as incredible people. KARA FIGHTING!

i agree with what Seungyeon said about Hara. lol. it has only been a few months and she's already comfortable with being on shows alone. :D

and i agree with Pyuki too. DSP stopped their promotions at the wrong time for their 1st blooming. :D

but its okay. lol. the past is past. Kara is getting there slowly and they're not rushing for anything. :)

thanks tin!

aww.. what a nice article!

i love it how they comment each other.. they say the cutest things!

they are patient girls.. they did not gain instant popularity like the other groups

but they are still so positive.. thats what i love about them!

good luck kara!!

They continue this concept with their second mini-album <Pretty Girl>, which was released last December 2009.

lol, that made my head spin a little.

This is one of the reasons why I'm here. I'm a new found fan of Kara, these girls are so lovable and they seriously grow on you.

It's true, immediate popularity will wane out quickly because its somewhat fad-like, but when something gains your respect and adoration slowly, it makes you appreciate it and learn to fully support it for longer.

I'll leave my life story for my intro :) But Im rooting for these girls and want them to outshine all those other girl groups out there, because for the longest time no girl group has gained my respect.

Thanks for sharing the sweet piece of news.

They continue this concept with their second mini-album <Pretty Girl>, which was released last December 2009

^.. hihi ^^

Anyhoot, the way Kara is going right now will make them last because they got their popularity slowly, and not in a way that, you know, it suddenly sprung up to them immediately or something. After all, patience is a virtue~! And they'll appreciate it more because they worked hard for it <3 (And really, that's why I love Kara) And I also love how they're supporting one another ((: Aww. They really have improved in such a short time, and I'm so happy for them ^^ Thanks for the translation!

Edited by AnnLovesKara

I am glad that they are not stressing over the fact that their rise to fame is not going as fast as Girl's Generation and Wonder Girl's sudden rise in popularity. On top of that, I am glad that they are taking this opportunity to learn more about themselves and develop more skills as an artist. It is kind of tough for them to compete companies like JYP and SM Entertainment when their artists are promoted a lot. But at least we know DSP does not overwork their celebrities =) Don't worry Kara! You have us fans who will support you and watch you grow~ Once the fame dies down with all the launching of new groups and such, Kara will take over since the other groups have to rest (eventually). Anyway, I personally think this is better for Kara since a lot of groups tend to fade away eventually if they rise to fame too instantly as they forget about who they truly are. Thank goodness Kara is still the lovable them <3