KARA's Controversy

Mirytie

I think this is not news...so I'll post it here.

Also, if someone posted it before, please, delete it.

"KARA has only returned to the music scene for a week and the group has already been hit with a controversy.

On August 22nd, KARA performed their comeback showcase after releasing their 5th mini-album "Pandora." Since then, the girl group has been busy performing their comeback stages on various music programs.

However, KARA has been pulled into several debates and controversies following their comeback. For one, their suggestiveness of their choreography has raised concern, along with their outfits. For "Pandora," KARA wanted to show the appearance of being mature women, but fans are concern that the choreography is too suggestive for '94er Kang Jiyoung. However, netizens seemed to be divided in opinion regarding this topic. Similarly, music programs have not deemed the costumes and/or choreography inappropriate.

In addition, KARA was seen wearing a stage costume on SBS "Inkigayo" for the track "Miss You," reminiscent of a Gucci swimwear. They looked identical to Gucci's 2008 Spring/Summer swimsuit collection, which is yellow with a black and white bow on one shoulder.

Currently, conditions between South Korea and Japan over the Dokdo Islands have been increasingly become intense. During KARA's press conference prior to their comeback showcase, the group were questioned on their thoughts about the Dokdo Islands situation because KARA is popular in Japan, as well as in South Korea.

Park Gyuri replied in a manner in which she avoided answering the question. However, the lack of response received criticism from netizens.

Unfortunately, this is not the last controversy KARA has unexpectedly found themselves in. Recently, KARA's vans have been found parking in handicap spots at a rest stop area for approximately 15-20 minutes. Because KARA is popular and the youth and young adults look up to them, many have criticized that KARA should have not parked in handicap spots.

It has been a week since KARA released their "Pandora" album, yet they have been the topic of both good and bad news.

original.jpg

A photo of Kara

Edited by Mirytie

Agreed. It's a bunch of unnecessary and unwanted accusations against our talented and gifted girls. I believe the reason why this is starting to get out of hand via media, is because of our girls huge successes in Japan recently. Long before K-Pop finally started making good relationships with Japan, there has always been an extremist group against Korea, due to the fact that North and South are technicality still at war with each.

In my opinion, their Pandora choreography is very good, and I find nothing wrong with it. Their clothing is fine too. As for the handicap parking account, they apologized for it and didn't stay in that spot for over an hour long. Move on. And, oh my goodness gracious great balls of fire they have the audacity to bring politics into this. Granted previous Korean celebrities have outspoken themselves most unwisely on this issue with their good neighbor, but come on. Not every Korean celebrity, let alone idols, are comfortable with the growing tensions between 2 nations that are starting to become more friendly, interactive, and more cooperative over the recent years, since the first Mongolian Invasion of 1274. I'm sure once a peaceful and agreeable solution is reached over this matter of those islands, things will return to a more joyous time between the 2 cultures once again. I think it best not to involve political issues with entertainment, as for the fact that the public always goes to entertainment to ease themselves from all of the politics, in the first place.

Why do Koreans love to pick on every minuscule thing??? Do they expect people, specifically their Idols, to be perfect beings of a godly standard? Also, why does the group always get blamed for things that's not their doing? They didn't personally park the car, and I'm sure if they were to even argue about it they'd get no where with their managers.

About their outfits, I do agree that it's really short and some of them look really uncomfortable standing around in it. But whatever, that's a costume and part of their entire song. It's not like they dress like that on a daily basis.

Ugh, now I know why Korean TV shows are called "Dramas" and not just "Show" like in America, they're just so dramatic lol.

Kara fighting!!

P.S Oh and that whole Dokdo thing is just not even worth mentioning. They are not politicians, they're entertainers. Gyuri is smart for avoiding the question.

Edited by goldfish524

Why do Koreans love to pick on every minuscule thing???

Difficult to say, but I find this trait in every culture around the world. *shrugs*

Do they expect people, specifically their Idols, to be perfect beings of a godly standard?

I hope not. I know there's a sense of a general cultural representation that goes along with visiting another country and all, but to hold them up as some absolute religious deities is going too far. Screaming and idolizing is fine, but come on. Let's not forget, our girls are human beings like the rest of us.

Also, why does the group always get blamed for things that's not their doing?

Symbolic antagonism would be my guess. As long as we, the fans clearly inform the oppositions against our girls, that it wasn't their fault, but the rash driving decision of the manager operating said vehicle is the one who's taking responsibility for it, and I'm pretty sure that person apologized for the offense against the handicap.

Sure, everywhere around the world has encounter the quick parker in the handicap zone, and told the security guard or the parking attendant that he/she/they won't take no more than 5 to 10 minutes to finish with whatever they need to do, and then make a speedy exit. Of course they all, if not most, get penalized for this action. The important thing here is, the manager took responsibility for this error in driver's etiquette, if not the driver's manual and handbook. The girls are not the ones at fault.

If you think about it, maybe they wanted to punish their manager for this? I don't know. And I don't ever recall in the media articles about a handicap person complaining amongst the line of cars in a completed filled parking lot.

Ugh, now I know why Korean TV shows are called "Dramas" and not just "Show" like in America, they're just so dramatic lol.

Sometimes I find some strange coincidences between South Korean and U.S. shows. But, that's probably just me.

P.S Oh and that whole Dokdo thing is just not even worth mentioning. They are not politicians, they're entertainers. Gyuri is smart for avoiding the question.

Agreed. I'm sure Gemba Koichiro will come to realize this, and get himself another copy of our girls awesome CD again. And I'm definitely sure our girls will happily sign that one for him too.

lol. my friend once said even if the idol caught farting it can be a controversy among the korean netizen. naturally it's because netizen behavior that tend to look idol as a perfect being. and media knows this, so they take every opportunity to create headline that will attract netizen.

but it's true, sometimes one musician get more bad news than the other. just saying.

• 3 months later...
Honestly, the choreography of Pandora is not provocative, sexy, or whatever. Okay, they take the coat, but they are still clothed. This is so annoying! For me, the Koreans are a little rude at this point, I see other sexy female groups and think ours, KARA seems inoffensive near them, but they do not comment anything.

Gyuri was normal for me, she did not want answer the question, and she has that right. The couple 'Jelena' also does not like to talk about them, how they feel about, and others. And she has total freedom of not wanting to respond normally. She can do this whenever you want, without criticism.

I was a bit shocked at the situation of van, in a handicap space, but KARA is not the only one. Where I live many people do it, and besides, various artists drive badly! This is just one more reason to try to shake them, but will not at all. DSP apologized, and I felt it was true. Even if it were not, they had courage and redmiram.

KARA will always have haters, but our love, Kamilias, is higher.

• 2 weeks later...