[2012.10.17] Japanese 7th Single [Electric Boy]

fantomas

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't usually fancy ballads but orion does sound better than the previous releases (like the most recent in winter magic) and their vocals can be clearly and distinctly heard.

the lyrics in japanese

この渋滞抜ければ もうすぐお别れね

これでまたしばらく

会えない日々が続くだなんて いやだよ

ハンドル握る きみの细い腕

窓から见えるのは

いつかふたりで见上げたキレイなオリオン

この夜空のように

ずっと変わらないふたりでいたい

いま きみの瞳には

どんな未来が见えているの?

远く离れても 会えない时でも

きみを感じていたい

わがままだって 言われてもいい

この手を 离したくないの

「强くなりたいよ」

「大丈夫だって」君は笑うけど

また会える日まで ちゃんと待ってるから

うまく言えないけれど・・・

「すきだよ」

きみの町は今夜 雨が降ってるみたい

昔はこんな风に

胸が痛んだり 强く思うこと なかった

届かない距离が

教えてくれることもあるんだね

でも きみのその手で

溢れ出すこの涙 拭ってよ

远回りしても 季节が巡っても

きっと一绪だよね

切れかかる电话 かすむきみの声

お愿い まだこうしていたいの

伝えたいことは 星の数あるの

募れば募るほど

言えなくなるよ 会いたくなるよ

早くその温度で温めて

远く离れても 会えない时でも

きみを感じていたい

手を伸ばすたびに 手にする寂しさ

夜空は何も答えてくれない

「强くなりたいよ」星に愿うから

きみは笑ってて

また会える日まで ちゃんと待ってるから

何度も 何度でも伝えたい

「すきだよ」

「すきだよ」

any mid-day indication of the numbers yet?

if everything goes well, then pretty much 40-50k range for first day again. good job!

i don't usually fancy ballads but orion does sound better than the previous releases (like the most recent in winter magic) and their vocals can be clearly and distinctly heard.

the lyrics in japanese

この渋滞抜ければ もうすぐお别れね

これでまたしばらく

会えない日々が続くだなんて いやだよ

ハンドル握る きみの细い腕

窓から见えるのは

いつかふたりで见上げたキレイなオリオン

この夜空のように

ずっと変わらないふたりでいたい

いま きみの瞳には

どんな未来が见えているの?

远く离れても 会えない时でも

きみを感じていたい

わがままだって 言われてもいい

この手を 离したくないの

「强くなりたいよ」

「大丈夫だって」君は笑うけど

また会える日まで ちゃんと待ってるから

うまく言えないけれど・・・

「すきだよ」

きみの町は今夜 雨が降ってるみたい

昔はこんな风に

胸が痛んだり 强く思うこと なかった

届かない距离が

教えてくれることもあるんだね

でも きみのその手で

溢れ出すこの涙 拭ってよ

远回りしても 季节が巡っても

きっと一绪だよね

切れかかる电话 かすむきみの声

お愿い まだこうしていたいの

伝えたいことは 星の数あるの

募れば募るほど

言えなくなるよ 会いたくなるよ

早くその温度で温めて

远く离れても 会えない时でも

きみを感じていたい

手を伸ばすたびに 手にする寂しさ

夜空は何も答えてくれない

「强くなりたいよ」星に愿うから

きみは笑ってて

また会える日まで ちゃんと待ってるから

何度も 何度でも伝えたい

「すきだよ」

「すきだよ」

any mid-day indication of the numbers yet?

if everything goes well, then pretty much 40-50k range for first day again. good job!

There are no more mid-day reports on Oricon numbers.

I think it's hard to guess the numbers for this single since this is the 1st time they are having lottery tickets for events tie-in with the single purchase. It all depends on how well received these events are. I have seen complains from J-Kamilias that the announcement of the high-five event was very late (many are afraid their pre-orders might not come in time) and the event itself is too close to the release date (even though they liked the idea).

It is also difficult to gauge sales from Bunkyodo sales patterns on the 1st day (which is usually quite accurate for KARA), since the DJ event requires purchase of the normal ver CD which can only be bought from UMJ's online store and these numbers are not reflected anywhere else.

@grainy

thanks for sharing in a well-constructed and analytical way.

hopefully the first week sales will have a clearer indication of how electric boy is going to fare now.

organising events to promote the 7th single, it's going to pull the fans closer and push the sales higher.

let's see in a week time.

@grainy

thanks for sharing in a well-constructed and analytical way.

hopefully the first week sales will have a clearer indication of how electric boy is going to fare now.

organising events to promote the 7th single, it's going to pull the fans closer and push the sales higher.

let's see in a week time.

Should be able to see the effect on sales in a few moments time heh heh heh.

If there is no or not much effect then sales would probably be around winter magic 1st day sales. If there is an effect, sales can range anywhere from 45K to 60K ... :D

Edit:

hahaha no effect apparently, 1st day sales for EB is at 28,604. Let's see how it sells over the next 2 days (application for high five event still on until tomorrow midnight).

Edited by grainy

Orion is definitely no. 1 as the most J-Pop-ish song. And the lyrics are so meaningful and emotional, sometimes I think their J-Pop songs have much more meaning than K-Pop dance songs. KARA really should try releasing a ballad as a single, I think they'll do really well even if Orion was the title track instead of Electric Boy.

@grainy

so terribly low, even worse than winter magic.

i was confident that it should at least hit 40k.

pray the next few daily numbers will not drop dramatically and the weekend bonus to be unexpected.

i hope it's the too-many-releases factor which hurt its sales and not the on-going national dispute.

@fantomas

love that chart!

18030933.jpg

(i thought this was better until i saw yours. lol)

well.. on the bright side, electric boy tops the daily chart on first day.

when I saw the EB first day sales I was like; "that's a good number, it's better than SU/GP 1st day sales at least.." but then I forgot about 2 days sales of SU/GP which makes it 43.415 on 1st day.. :rolleyes:

anyway, can't wait for the sales number tomorrow and the 1st week, I hope they become #1 in Oricon weekly chart again :)

First day sales are a tight race for the top 3. Considering it was sold out in some stores could have affected it, or maybe KARASIA DVD not being released at the same date, or just the fact that it's a lead single to the album which always meant lower sales.

The DJ Event which was held today was for sales on the regular vers from the UMJ site (is that included in the Oricon counting for Day 1?) and Handshake event application deadline is tomorrow so that would help drive sales from retail stores.

Still, KARA topped Day 1 :thumbup:

sales use to bother me a lot, but not that much anymore.. I just wanna see them on japanese variety shows ;__; it's been awhile.... I wanna see them interact with comedians, other artists, and idols groups.. wwahhhh..

I'm hoping they'll appear in music station.

Oh wells, just hoping the 3rd album will have better sales :3 Anticipating the new songs!

Orion is a great song~

this is not good, but there are some reasons why this single didn't sell well as previous single, I my self saving up for the album though. The album sales is what matter the most to me, and Tokyo Dome concert ticket (I hope it'll sold out)

and yeah our hope now is they top the weekly chart..

:determined:

Edited by rhe-c