[2012.10.17] Japanese 7th Single [Electric Boy]

fantomas

Really don't know what are the factors behind the low sales, but I'm staying optimistic about KARA's popularity. I just think Electric Boy doesn't sound like the typical J-Pop cute kind of song. In fact, I still don't like it that much as of now, but at least I liked it more than when I first listened to it. Orion sounds so much better, but I guess they're a dance group in Japan.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It like really weird that KARA is going up and down, wondering what they would be on the chart. I ok with the sells, there are probably be different reason why KARA is so low on the chart, but I'm satisfied on how the girls places on the chart. ARe the girls not going to promoted this single, I'm meaning the only time that they promoted this single was at the sigma festival and music japan. Can the girls win a triple crown are rechoku, I don't think the rechoku is like korea where they may win a award because of triple crown.

^

maybe not as intensive as the previous releases or what we would like but definitely they are still on schedule to appear on j-music programs. well they have recorded for music lovers which will be broadcast on 4/11.

the "cultural" differences between the two countries exist long before kara existence but kara has achieved beyond everyone's imagination. i'm sure kara will overcome and push the height further when things calm down (hopefully)..

Nippon TV News 24:

http://news24.jp/entertainment/news/1625116.html

Translation

5-member kpop group KARA hold the limited edition buyer high touch event at Tokyo Big Sight on the 21st.Their new song has always appeared as #1 on Oricon daily chart. Only those who purchased all 3 editions of single were able to participate in event, and more than 10 000 fans queued in the hall.

It was the first direct fan meeting after release of Mister two years ago. Many in the hall held a sign with a message in Korean and many smiling fans arrived with their children. There were some women who burst into tears out of excitement, and the high touch meeting did last over 5 hours before curtain was closed.

Leader Gyuri commented on behalf of members "We haven't done this since two years and I was very happy to do this. It is joy to be in contact with fans and see their smiling faces. Thank you very much for gathering in such large numbers!"

Credit: ponytailcanyon

So there 's 2 possibilities left regard Electric Boy Oricon 's number:

1. UMJ is lying about 12,000 people applied for the DJ event

2. Oricon is messed up with the number

@fantomas

i believe it's more about advertising and promotional strategy.

i have said it before but not embarrassed to say again..

the unofficial debut on 7th feb 2010 with 2 showcases drew 3000-4000 and

the first handshake fanmeet on 8th may 2012 drew 4000.

now.. the high-5 event, the most recent fanmeet, drew 10000. (each had to purchase all 3 versions.)

[c] himeaomomo0

ps

on a sad note while looking back, news and updates in this forum were fast and furious but now..

Edited by red4summer

Gah..... kara not appearing on much japanese variety shows ;__; not even invited to this week's msta... why politics gotta be nosy

anyways! May Girl's Forever sales beat Super Girl sales! >__<

-writes letter to umj- I swear if the jacket photos are plain... (cuz i seriously do not understand how they came up with super girl album jackets)

AHH. such a hit and miss with the cd covers :T

TV appearances schedule (from Karaboard)

10 / 27 ( Sat) 24:58 to 25 ; 43 TBS COUNT DOWN TV

10 / 29 ( Mon ), 20:00 to 20:54 Fuji TV HEY ! HEY HEY !

11 / 04 ( Sun ) 23 : 30 ~ 11:55 Japanese TV Music Lovers

11 / 07 ( Wed) 19:00 ~ 19:56 Japanese TV System " SHOW "

11 / 21 (Wed ) 18:55 19:25 NHK E tele- R 's law " KARA Live & Talk ( temporary title )

the gap :( I wanna see Kara more often (we're all did :P) and not just performing but also playing around and eating like they did in some shows when they promote WM and SG last year..

^

from the way it looks, it'll be hard during promotion.

however i bet there will be a time they choose to sing orion live.

sunday sales

13189176.JPG

[c] nijikara32012, karakaradio

Edited by red4summer

Japanese sales often depend heavily on the amount of promotion an artist can receive. It's especially important to get ahead of the single in the sense of doing a lot of promotions prior to its release. Sales tend to be frontloaded for the first week, so you really want to shoot yourself out the gate. I think this in general is a big hurdle for foreign artists since they're bouncing back and forth between their home country and Japan doing various promotions for different singles and albums. It's just hard to really establish your name there when you're having to bounce back and forth.

So, I don't think that there's anything really concerning about Electric Boy's sales. It just means that they need to be much more aggressive with their future promotions. And they really need to continue doing fan events. It's hard to emphasize how important those are to establishing your name in Japan.

This was shared in another forum . The breakdown sales of each version.

Electric Boy ver A 31 081

Electric Boy ver C 9854

Electric Boy ver B 8676

total by Sunday 49 611

The promotions on tv shows this time seems lesser compared to last time. (probably still due to political reasons?) That is why I think Kara went for the DJ event and hightouch event to push their sales and to put out word on their upcoming album. I noticed they never forget to mention the Girls Forever album during their events.

Nevertheless, since sales numbers have never affected our love for them, let's continue on supporting kara :)

final

54911+3031=57942

weekly ranked @ 2

however i still can't find the caps.

The weekly number 's out today is from Japanese forum 2CH (you can call it "unofficial"). The weekly number in Oricon website will be out tomorrow, that 's why you can't find any caps :)

thanks @fantomas

15299790.jpg

is the breakdown shared by jjy official?

the most suspicious is how can B & C not at 10000 minimum each?

i guess no one except umj or oricon knows..

though they are just numbers at the end of the day, we need to know the "truth".

thanks @fantomas

15299790.jpg

is the breakdown shared by jjy official?

the most suspicious is how can B & C not at 10000 minimum each?

i guess no one except umj or oricon knows..

though they are just numbers at the end of the day, we need to know the "truth".

Yeah, the breakdown is official. It 's from Soundscan - another organization tracking physical sales in Japan - UMJ exxagerated the amount of fans applied and attended both high-five and DJ event. J-Kamilias said that the high-five event didn't have 10k, probably somewhere around 5-7k

Edited by fantomas

^

for a moment when i saw the queue number time slots (from a high-5 event fan account), i thought there were really 10k fans selected. in fact the effort (by umj) was there but since some shows were reluctant to invite kara, this could be the way to promote and gain more attentions. well.. hope the coming album will shed more light.. thanks!

@jjy

thanks but japanese sites are of no use to me because it's hard to navigate around without knowing a single thing. lol

btw thanks for sharing, i have bookmarked it!

46235606.jpg

24430083.jpg

96031099.jpg

Edited by red4summer