[EVENT] The Pearl Peach Invasion

neris

KARAHOLIC's 4th Anniversary

(aka Pearl Peach Invasion)

[ATTENTION] Due to some complaints on the pearl peach usernames(-teardrop-) the regular coloring is back~ But doesn't mean that you guys can't wish KH a happy 4th birthday ^^

68816713.png

Having a good night, after noon, or morning today, Karaholics? Members from around the world, Karaholic officially turns 4 years old! To celebrate this sudden birthday party of Karaholic(since we only officially celebrated the first birthday of Karaholic), Karaholic wants to share information about us. What is Karaholic? What is our goal? All that stuff. I'm hoping that KH'ers will take time to read everything. Also, the issue that everyone has been questioning: When is Karaholic going to switch seasons?(aka the GO! GO! Summer Layout)

The Story of Karaholic

Karaholic is the result of merging 2 fansites: Karabloom.net and kara-online.org. At first, the only place Kamilias had to spazz was soompi. However, a student for a website development class was given the assignment to create a website. That student was our original founder,
. Hand coded and armed with several supporters, Arnel decided to launch the website! Karabloom.net was born. Of course, this meant getting translators, staff to help run the website.

Our only competition at the time (Kara-Online) overshadowed us in everything content wise except for one thing ... video downloads. For the first couple of months, I did everything myself by posting these videos for download which got a lot of attention since I almost had every Kara related video available.

-Arnel

The site was run independently by Arnel and because of his surplus of KARA videos, he was able to find some translators. After a few months, one of his iTee Admins,
, contacted him to suggest the idea of making karabloom a fansite. Hesitating, he decided to give it a shot and Karabloom had become a forum.

How Karabloom looked like:
http://z15.invisionfree.com/karabloom/index.php?

Karabloom and Kara-online, which one persisted to become the International KARA District for Kamilia?

After about a year of running KB, our only competition, Kara-Online had decided to call it quits and their founder (April) wanted to merge our 2 sites together.

-Arnel

It was decided to throw away the idea of being a fansite and become a forum! Karabloom.net was closed and on this day(
Sept. 24th
), 4 years ago. Karaholic forums was born!

The story doesn't stop here though.

[
Host Issues
]

Karaholic ran into host issues because the sudden MIA of the founder, Arnel. With 12 days left and an advanced one year payment to fill,
stepped up to pay everything herself. Which is why, tinggg was under the "Godfather" group for awhile until the group was taken off.

[
Epic Layout
]

Anne(
), Pim, Minjoo, Nikoqi(
), Chelly(
), Mae(
), In-in(
), Tinggg, Jiji(
), Joss(
), Louise(
), and Yoo(
) worked behind the scenes for the improvements of Karaholic! Arnel did everything for karabloom at first, but their contributions were a significant amount in Karaholic. Also, with a working (creative)team, the
was created. Many discussions were conducted(and loss of sleep) before the Epic layout was made. Until this day, it is still the biggest Karaholic revolution because it had fancy layout work made by the new itee Admin at that time, Gab(
).

[
Malware
]

Mid June Karaholic members and staffs were noticing a malware notice pop up. A karaholic member who is web developer by profession stated that the malware was not coming from Karaholic itself, but elements (for example, photos, etc.) posted in the thread that may have originate from [insert bad websites]. The Karaholic folder in the host server, the forums and the gallery folders were affected. Cleaning other things out were fine but because the gallery contained many scripts of the malware, it was taken down. Minjoo requested Google to review Karaholic so that they will put us off their blacklist and make us available to Firefox users again. With the help of Pim, they were able to find the malicious things.

[
Donation Acceptance
]

Suggested by a topic, staff happily agreed that if members were willing to help Karaholic, why not? Karaholic began taking donations and also updated with a new Karaholic donation tracker!!

[
Media
]

Karaholic use to directly upload files onto our server, since the big files put too much strain we changed it to uploading it on MF. However, on July 19 2012 our MF account(containing 2TB) was deleted.

Karaholic has a lot more stories(ie allkpop issues, the long hiatus of karaholic, and etc), but those are the only ones I can mention, right now.

DISCLAIMER:

The Story of Karaholic has been written by me, neris. I'm not really an old karaholic staff, so I had to research and look around old staff discussions. I was going to approach old staff, but there's a reason why they are alumni(not going on kh anymore~)

Most of this info is from arnel's about me page and a FEW stuff I picked up in my 2-3 years here at Karaholic. So, this history of Karaholic can change because the older staff might have way more sense in the making of karaholic. there are a lot more interesting stories, but this is just the unabridged version lool

Karaholic Now

Karaholic is going under changes in staff and system(sytem of staff, updating, sharing, small details, and etc.). If you guys and gals have not noticed, Karaholic has gotten 3 new administrators! Ron(
), Yuda(
), and I, Neris(
)! Old staff that was essential in the making of Karaholic is under the Super☆ Advisor group. It's unfortunate that we do not have most old staff active anymore because they have retired. New staff(including us) are doing our best. The fact that Karaholic staff members have careers and school to attend to has not changed. This does not mean that Karaholic is always last on our lists, but just a notice.

Karaholic's Goal

Our goal is to be the #1 source for KARA updates. Also, a place for Kamilias to discuss and spazz. Right now, Karaholic has not yet fully fulfilled that goal. In the future, we hope to accomplish that goal and move on to a new goal(maybe being the #1
fastest
source for KARA updates?!)

Message to KH members

We really appreciate those active members and since we are people too, we can see all those that support Karaholic as a member. So, thank you awesome kamilias ;__; <3

Even though it's not a rule we are enforcing yet(or, actually, a rule that has not been enforced in awhile), please do not camp out in the sbox. Guys... don't. When we do fully address this, it'll be enforced fully by all staff. We'll be making guides on how to set your notification settings so it's easier for members to discuss in Karaholic. So please, just keep this in mind.

Layout, layout, layout pleaseee!!

It has been a little warm in Karaholic because we've been summer all year round lol BUT, the layout is being worked on by our current founder(and awesome gfx designer), Pim(
) and iTee Admin, Wilson(
).

Successful Kamilia Events

Karaholic is an International fansite, so we would like to recognize some successful Kamilia events~

Most recently, the karanesia gathering! Indonesian Kamilias gathered and shared events that involves Kpop and, of course, KARA! It was streamed live too.

Get more info of their event
here
! cr: KAvenyou

The K5J Fragrance press conference and showcase in Singapore was also another awesome event! Some pictures of early line ups were posted in the sbox as only the first 80 fans were allowed to get the autographed signature from KARA. ^^ Hopefully next time, Karasia concert in Singapore~!?

Also, Karaholic's banner in Karasia concert! OH MY GOSHH. (btw, I can't find where but, Nicole actually said she has visited us before.)

And lets not forgot the time when Kamilia from around the world and all different Kara Fansites gathered as one to help and support the victims of Japan during the earthquake crisis.
The Jet Coast of Love Project

Surprise: Birth of a New Karaholic

I would love to tell more, but I can't! Just anticipate that the new look of Karaholic will not only be a new forum layout!

The Pearl Peach Usernames

ENOJY~
^3^
Members of Karaholic are the ones that help Karaholic build it into the fan forum it is today~ So YESS! While it's still there, leave a shout out in the sbox and see how it looks~
:thumbup:

Thanks for taking the time to write this! Happy 4th Anniversary to the best KARA forum!!

Honestly though, Karaholic really is the best KARA forum I've ever been on. Best quality content and people XD Hopefully we get to achieve all the goals and more! And also hopefully KARA members get to visit too XD ❤

I want to say a BIG Thank you to Karaholic staff and the Sweetmelodix team! You guys really do great work for international kamilia. I've enjoyed my, albeit short, time here on the forums. Keep up the good work and I'll keep spreading the love for karaholic.

Happy 4th Year Anniversary KH!

2 years of being Kamilia, and its all thanks to KH that I got to know Kara and still here right now. It's like my second home already,literally. I honestly think that KH is the best source to get news about Kara for us, intl fans since majority of us don't understand a single Korean(except for their names and Kara :P).

Although KH isn't the "#1 Kara forum" yet, but we're getting there. I can feel it already :P lol

Wow, \i learned qquite a bit of history today! aww.. HAPPY 4th Anniversary KARAHOLIC!! Thank you to everyone that were and are involved in karaholic!!! It has really come a long way from how it was before! I can't wait to see the new layout although, i'll miss summer all year round! LOL!

Happy 4th Anniversary KH!

I just joined here a 2 years ago!

I could not keep up with the beginning of Karaholic, but I'm very happy to be part of that district.

This is the best place where all the Kamilias can gather and spazz..

Thanks for you great job !

*I wanna see the new layout*****

Reading what was written, now I realized why the previous forum I joined disappeared. Haha.

It's been a long and tiring yet really fulfilling journey for you guys.

And I'm grateful for all Karaholic has done for the past 4 years; though I only joined in 2010.

Here's to many more great years to come!

Happy 4th birthday Karaholic. :D

Happy 4th Anniversary, my favorite forum and community :wub:

I first joined last year and I got to love KARA a lot more because of you guys.

This forum is very updated with all the KARA news. The shoutbox is very lively and a great place to spend time at, just by getting to know your fellow KH members.

Thanks to all the admins, moderators, media hubbers, subbers, contributors, and many more that help to make this place a greater place.

Here's to many more years to come!! :thumbup:

Edited by candiesrus

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARAHOLIC :friendly:

Thank you @neris for taking the time to unfold us a history of Karaholic

I've taken a look at the old KARA site that's given and it's been quite a leap from there to now

As @neris mentioned, all of us have our own daily responsibilities but nonetheless we spend time here to learn, share and spread KARA and KAMILIA love ♥

Thank you to all members that have been workaholic making sure Karaholic is loved

KARA and KAMILIA are ONE

Reading the history of this site, now I know the team has really gone through alot of hardship to form this awesome forum. I am very proud of being a member of this family. And I am sure our goal of being number 1 will be here real soon ! I can feel it in my bones xD

Happy 4th Anniversary Karaholic !

-From a proud member of Karaholic forum.

Happy Happy Happy Birthday to Karaholic \^o^/. I'm so glad to be able to celebrate the 1st official b'day of Karaholic ^-^

Thank you especially to all the current staffs and retired ones as well for all the efforts and many more wonderful things all of you did and going to do to make this a home for not only us international Kamilias but all Kamilias.

What a history! (after i read neris's post of karaholic) and we're going to move forward to make many more great history ^-^

HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY KARAHOLIC!!!

i'm glad i found this forum...

seriously u guys are the best..

thank u for all the things u have done to us international Kamilia and to KARA.

we really appreciate it!

may KARAHOLIC continues FOREVER! :thumbup: