[2012.11.14] 3rd Japanese Album - Girls Forever

fantomas

blaming everyone else but themselves (fans) will not push up the sales.

if we (dsp, umj, kara and fans) are not united, don't expect sales to continue hitting new highs.

the current sales pattern in japan is affecting everyone, not just only kara.

everyone needs to get together and work harder in 2013 and beyond.

so fans, stop pointing fingers, especially to dsp and umj.

the only way to help is to give well structured and constructive criticisms.

btw i'm not referring to all posts before mine. just saying in general.

Edited by red4summer

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the songs in this album! I swear, I like their Japanese albums better than their Korean albums (full length albums). I will definitely buy this album to support the girls! And for the low album sales, maybe it's because of their other products selling, so I guess that's the reason why. We'll see, hopefully the girls will rank higher with this album within this month! Kara fighting!

looks like kara (a member) has been invited or "activated" to help promote the album by turning out as a 1-day sales manager (in a particaulr store) today. tomorrow too. (don't quote me as i can't understand the translation fully.)

Edited by red4summer

looks like kara (a member) has been invited or "activated" to help promote the album by turning out as a 1-day sales manager (in a particaulr store) today. tomorrow too. (don't quote me as i can't understand the translation fully.)

I think here 's the translation

UMJ has announced an emergency event tomorrow. One of the girls will appear at a music shop in Japan and become a one day store manager. Those who buy GF at the store has a chance to win a signed CD given by the member.

ニュー・アルバム「ガールズ フォーエバー」の発売を记念した紧急企画が决定!! KARAメンバーのうちだれか1名が「一日店长」として紧急来店!! 「谁が来るのか?」は当日までのお楽しみ!! 抽选で、「ガールズ フォーエバー」のCDを直接お渡し致します!

Credit: grainy

@fantomas

thanks but from my understanding it's a 2-day event. if so, i hope to see 2 different members.

hmm.. ok who's in japan right now?

ps

nice effort to pull some sales..

Edited by red4summer

@fantomas

thanks but from my understanding it's a 2-day event. if so, i hope to see 2 different members.

hmm.. ok who's in japan right now?

ps

nice effort to pull some sales..

I don't know, my guess is some member who is good at Japanese, so it 's either Jing or Hammie/Gyuri :)

Of course there are factors as to why the sales are quite low, but just for comparing...

Day 1 - Girls Forever - 28,724 : Super Girl - 73706

Day 2 - Girls Forever - 15,163 : Super Girl - 55486

"Emergency"? I really don't agree with the word used, makes things seem negative. Or maybe a minor language lapse in translating from Japanese to English (ahh.. not blaming translations or translator), since "emergency" may just be another less suitable synonym to refer to an ad-hoc, quickly-arranged-without-prior-notice kind of event.

Personally I don't think it is that serious, but has the sales progressed to such a desperate stage already? Although I mostly don't care about numbers, I have to admit this is getting a little worrying. But at least UMJ is putting in effort to bring up the sales. There are many factors to debate about too, but it will just be speculations on our part.

Edited by Redresonance

^ Wow, the store looks packed ! I think everyone wants to see goddess too. Haha

Found a few newspaper reports on the event. I think its good to generate buzz .

Can't seem to embed yfrog pictures. But here's the links

https://yfrog.com/Himg688/scaled.php?tn=0&server=688&filename=u4yo.jpg&xsize=480&ysize=480

https://yfrog.com/Himg824/scaled.php?tn=0&server=824&filename=6xju.jpg&xsize=480&ysize=480

Heard that today is Nicole's turn. Hope today goes well too . Better yet , why not both gyucole together as store managers :D/>..haha

The thing with record companies, it's about the bottom line. They are in the business of making money, just like any other company. If sales fall below what they expected, then they shift to that "emergency" mode.

Super Girl set that bar pretty high so it sounds like, to me anyway, that UMJ was expecting the same type of response or better.

But in any case, they are working with 5 hardworking girls that also believe in this album. Smart move to promote the album further having Gyuri do the store manager thing. Judging by Gyuri's response, she also enjoyed doing it.

Hey they're already at 50000+. Gold status by next week is not unrealistic, right?

the album is selling much much less than Girls Talk too which is depressing :(

Girl's Talk Super Girl Girl's Forever

10/11/24  11/11/23  12/11/14

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

月  *13,265   ---,---   ---,---   前作比

火  *22,873   *73,076   *28,724   -61%

水  *19,214   *55,486   *15,163   -73%

木  *13,142   *27,210   **7,206   -74%

金  *11,836   *30,024   ***,***

土  *11,217   *37,357   ***,***

日  *10,335   *36,449   ***,***

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

計  101,882   259,602   *51,093

週  107,403   275,206   ***,***

累  443,491   745,450   ***,***

Edited by k1s3k1

Well, life is that, there 's up and also down, can't forever expect to stay on top :P Just glad that we can still enjoy watching the girls at least 2 more years :D And hope for a better result for the future release. Fighting :wub:

the fans are still there, maybe it's just that this ablum doesn't really fit into the public.

there're always next and next&next ablums, we can do it better.

13 months left for umj to get it right.

Edited by red4summer

i really like this album! all the new song also catchy and easy listening! totally KARA that we all know.

but i haven't heard the remix version, hope it also good.

well, just hope the album get more sales. it seems j-kamilia prefer buying the KARASIA Japan. can't wait to see it ;_;

62k is amazing.

3piecelover (project group with 1 japanese actor, 1 japanese rock singer, and 1 member from ze:a korean pop group had barely 2k for their second single)

kara will have their up and downs. The life of a music artist goes in seasons there is a spring summer autumn and winter.

I have given the album a lot of chances to sink in because i really wanted to like it but its not happening. I don't think its the economy, I just think the product isn't as good this time around. I find it really hard to believe the person in charge of procuring music for Super Girl is the same person or group of people who did it for this album. That is how different it sounds to me.