[2012.11.14] 3rd Japanese Album - Girls Forever

fantomas

I have given the album a lot of chances to sink in because i really wanted to like it but its not happening. I don't think its the economy, I just think the product isn't as good this time around.

Well, I beg to differ cause overall, this album has better tracks than Super Girl. That's my taste though. Oops, Rock On, Innocent Girl, Kiss Me Tonight, Give Me Give Me all appeal to me quite well now that I'm getting used to their sound and recognise each track from their melodies. :thumbup1:

I hope the sales pick up soon. This album can achieve much better.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

70k is good for other artists, but not good compare to KARA 's standard (went down from 275k in first week to 73k first week), we don't need to sugar-coat the situation, this album is doing much worse than what KARA is capable of, hopefully UMJ/DSP learnt their lesson and prepare better/more suite material with Japanese public taste next year

OMG! This is terrible news. With that low sales count, KARA will soon become poor and will have to live together in a dorm again(I kinda liked this idea though coz its seems a lot of fun :P ). Hara will have to sell her new house/property which she just bought for a million dollar, so that they can eat ramen each day (they can't afford to buy anything else). The economy idols are back guys (Although Hammie prefers KARA to be known as the spirited idols)! :)

I have given the album a lot of chances to sink in because i really wanted to like it but its not happening. I don't think its the economy, I just think the product isn't as good this time around. I find it really hard to believe the person in charge of procuring music for Super Girl is the same person or group of people who did it for this album. That is how different it sounds to me.

The music was composed by nearly completely different composers on this CD, so that probably explains the difference (with the exceptions of people like Han Sang-won and ArmySlick)

Fantomas is right. 70k isnt that amazing compared to SG.

IMO, UMJ and DSP should be alert on how to promote them now. Also, how many releases they...release. Lol Fans will always do the best they can but we have limits too. Including spending, following kara's activities, if we like their releases or not, and etc. Also the 275k in the first week was not all kamilia, so can't really blame decrease on fans. Better promotion and high quality releases(instead of quantity) please ;P

About the songs, i don't like some of them. It would be good for a few listens, but nothing really my music style. In fact, I hated some of the tracks the first time I listened to them. I was hoping to like them, like with Super Girl. Sorry guys~ ;_; Some sound like anime osts though lol. And im still listening to them since Im in need of new kara songs. Orion is daebak though, gahhh!

I would have to agree also. I like the album but i'm not loving it. The new tracks are decent but there wasn't any that really stood out. Don't get me wrong, it's a very listenable album, but I haven't found at least 1 track that I can put on repeat. I hope it'll eventually hit 100k tho! Don't think KARA deserves anything less for all their efforts. DSP/UMJ will have to re-evaluate the next concept. Still love the girls tho!

There are could be many factors to the number of sales of Kara Japanese albums.

Personally I think the album sounds real good. I actually like it. I guess I am getting on with age haha. Yes music that depends largely on the taste a of an individual a lot. I can say Girl's forever sounds very different from the regular Kara sound we are used too. The songs Kara are going now are more experimental and different. Even for electric boy they are pushing for a real change. For those that like the "classic",edgy, mysterious and down to Earth sound this album would appeal to them. Generally Kara song are build to appeal to the masses so that it would sell as much as possible. That is the formula they are going for sometime with their previous album and singles. Right now Kara is in the process of shifting to a new sound and even a rediscovery of old sound just like their first korean album released the first blooming which is not as popular as well. Both of these are excellent in their own right. I think they are very similar as in what I could describe as an "old" and down to Earth sound.

I believe what they did is a good thing, to push for something that appeals to different type of fans. I believe that this album would bring a new type of audience for Kara. I trust Kara in what they doing now. Personally this album fit my taste. It may not appeal to everybody though. Going for something different and something that would appeal to the masses is a huge balancing act. Companies are a business too, they got to make money too that is why selling a lot is important.

Finally yea, I do agree that Umj got to slow in the push of new albums or cd too quickly as many fans could not keep up with the huge number of releases they are going for. Umj is like squeezing the fans dry and milking fans up. Even for the most die-hard fans the economics of going for all releases is not adding up. No, "limited edition" is not going to help either when it is beyond fans ability to do it.This can also make confusing for non-fan to buy too. So I advise rather than push for multiple releases, push them out one at a time with a huge enough gap in between them.

My 2 cents. :)/>/> I am still getting the feel of this album.

Edited by Palaverist

I beloved up to you'll obtain performed right here. The cartoon is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nevertheless, you command get got an nervousness over that you would like be turning in the following. sick for sure come more until now once more as precisely the same just about very frequently inside case you shield this increase. best wishes

Sorry, but I really don't understand the reactions some of you guys are having. I think this album is good, as good as Girl's Talk and Super Girl. And to me, it doesn't sound like new at all. It sounds like more of the japanese formula DSP used for KARA all this time. To me it fits japanese KARA very well. Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't sound different at all. And that's why I don't understand the low sales. If it's more of KARA style, that people already like, why aren't people buying this album? It's a really weird situation.

I prefer that all of you refrain from calling them economic idols again. I dont like it, they dont like it and as a fan you should know it. they have done alot already and it flies in the face of everything they worked hard for.

Other than that, i thought the album is good not great. girl power is my favourite single in that album. electric boyz certainly is weak. the part before the chorus is just strange and not good. girl power certainly has the jpop feel to it so i love it.

Edited by Deaththekid

I think better promotion is needed, to go from over 250,000 sales for SuperGirl and to drop to just over 70,000 for GirlsForever is really bad :/. DSP is notorious for doing this, they see that an act is doing well and think that it will stay that way forever, so instead of proper promotion, they just think the name KARA will sell :(. They have done this to RAINBOW aswell, after the decent sales of the Japanese version of A, they stopped promoting RAINBOW properly in Japan, and lets just say the results weren't good :(.

I also think they made a mistake with releasing the DVD and CD at the same time they also re-released their earlier albums aswell (Best of, supergirl etc), I had to forget about buying version A of the album and ended up just buying the best of album, B+C of GirlsForever and the KARASIA concert. It also doesn't help that they put 2012 versions of their previous songs on the album and put Mister and Jumping on the album ... AGAIN, that's a turn off to the casual fan who doesn't see the point in owning the same songs 2-3 times.

I hope DSP/UMJ have learned from this, the girls worked hard to get to where they are today and it's annoying me that their management has become lazy with them, they really deserve better.

^ While I don't agree with everything you said, I have to agree that they should stop putting Mister or Jumping as recycled fillers to their new albums or 2012 versions. Doesn't mean that if those were good, they woud sell forever, fans want new songs instead of owning same songs.

I would like to think of this as a factor for KARA's current low sales, amongst other factors. Fans that have bought previous singles (GP, SU, WM, GGS etc.) will likely be discouraged from buying this album since it has only a few new songs in addition to what would be otherwise obviously a compilation of already released songs.

Edited by Redresonance