[2009.02.10] Even without overseas activities... Kara is a "Rising Hallyu Star"

tinggg

coming200902092345180.jpg

Female group Kara is growing into a new "Korean Wave" star.

Kara has recently received suggestions to promote in Japan or Chinese circles, helping realize the feeling that they are indeed becoming popular.

Kara'a management DSP Entertaiment said, "Korea's music programs are televized live in all of Asia, so even without overseas promotions, interest in Kara has been increasing. Inquiries on promotion opportunities abroad for Kara have been steadily coming since last year."

Since their debut, Kara has not had any activities abroad. The members were even surprised by the hot reaction from fans in Asia. Kara has wanted to focus on promotions in Korea first, and then later will consider opportunities abroad. Starting with "overseas-er" Nicole, and with Gyuri and Seungyeon proficient in English and Japanese, their advancement abroad is much anticipated.

Gyuri said, "We we were so surprised when we met fans that came all the way from Japan just to see us. On our homepages, there are Japanese and Chinese fans that have left us many supportive notes. Hopefully someday soon we'll have a chance to go abroad and meet our fans in person."

Kara will kick off promotions for their follow-up song <Honey> at KBS Music Bank on the 13th.

Link: http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/music/200...07275595510.htm

Tip-off: Anne

Translated by: Tinggg @ KARAHolic

Take out with fulll credits. Do not remove or add in anything!

Edited by edr49890

what?! GyuHam are fluent in Japanese?! when did that happen? lol..

i hope that's true and we aren't getting incorrect info again..

i really didn't know KARA had Japanese fans lol, but how nice.

KARA did it all on their own and it was a really nice surprise too.

KARA, Hallyu Stars.. never thought i'd put those words together ..

exciting :)

thanks tinggg and anne.

Ahhh GyulHam knows Japanese and English? kekeke wow! I know that Gyuri loves to say random English words but I thought that was Nicole's influence over her :). But yea, wow Kara's going to expand their fan base! So excited, I'm sure they appreciate all this support :lol:

Hope they mention Karaholic someday! Thanks for sharing!

Ahhh GyulHam knows Japanese and English? kekeke wow! I know that Gyuri loves to say random English words but I thought that was Nicole's influence over her :). But yea, wow Kara's going to expand their fan base! So excited, I'm sure they appreciate all this support :lol:

Hope they mention Karaholic someday! Thanks for sharing!

haha i'm pretty sure they meant Nicole is fluent in English while GyulHam are fluent in Japanese haha

Hallyu Star...XD

Such a nice word to hear ^^

I'm glad that Kara are appealing not only to Koreans but to different fans from different countries...XD

GyulHam must have been studying hard to learn Japanese...XD

It would be nice to hear them speak it one day...lol

And of course Nicole's adorable english ^^

Thank you for the translations Tinggg onni ^^

even not promoting outside Korea, they got people's attention? that is pretty good...

Go Kara!

I never knew that they have many Jap and Chi fans... now I wanna hear GyulHam speaking in Jap...

thanks for sharing..

what?! GyuHam are fluent in Japanese?! when did that happen? lol..

i hope that's true and we aren't getting incorrect info again..

i really didn't know KARA had Japanese fans lol, but how nice.

KARA did it all on their own and it was a really nice surprise too.

KARA, Hallyu Stars.. never thought i'd put those words together ..

exciting :D

thanks tinggg and anne.

See! I always knew that they were learning japanese secretly :] Yeah me either, I never knew that Hallyu Stars and KARA. but congrats to the girls anyways.

^

didn't Seungyeon said she was learning Japanese? probably with Gyul? haha!

is it just me or are Japanese fans more welcoming towards DSP's Acts than Korean fans? :D

Seungyeon did said that they may be having a showcase in Japan. lol. Let's hope that's true too. :D

thanks ting!

Maybe it's because SS501 is from DSP. So maybe the Japanese fans are more welcoming?

never knew they had jap or chinese fans. i guess since they never did overseas all of use only knew they had korean and some US fans. lol.x it is great to hear they have fans.

but why is that DSP in a way wants to reject idea of overseas. it feels like some excuses of not. like 'korean music is shown through ALL of ASIA'. i mean okay right now is not best. but at same time it can be good. but o well that is my opinion. i apoligize if i offend anyone here. but whatever the future holds for us is unknown. and must be awaited for patiently.

Edited by caromaxline

Maybe it's because SS501 is from DSP. So maybe the Japanese fans are more welcoming?

haha maybe because over in Japan.. they don't work like the kpop community works..

like the cattyness etc..

they like KARA for their music!! surprise?! :thumbup1:

From my perspective, becoming a Hallyu star is not an easy process that can happen immediately. There are obviously fans from all across the world supporting a celebrity, but to be recognized by the media is another case. So even though Kara is in the process of promoting in Asian countries, to be invited/suggested to perform in other countries is an accomplishment. This means that they do have quite a large fan base in Asia and they will eventually be recognized by non-Asian countries. At this rate, I am waiting for Perez to pull off another stunt where he is flailing over Korean bands. Who knows? Wonder Girls started it, and then Girl's Generation landed themselves on the website. I think Kara are the ones next in line XD