The Brain Behind KARA's Success: Sweetune

nameless07

Sweetune's Fame  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Have You Ever Heard About Sweetune Before?

• Yes, and i'm a fan!
    • ...i guess?
    • Nah, not on my list...

Okay, so i just found a nice article from seoulbeats.com and i choosed to share it here so we could discuss it together and share what we know...

the article is quite long so bear with it :D

Exploring Freelance Hit-makers: Sweetune

Written by Fatouma On November 9, 2012

seoulbeats.com/2012/11/exploring-freelance-hit-makers-sweetune/

just in case if you want to read it here...

Idol group in need of a career boost? Willing to forego standard pop trends by reinventing older genres? If so, then Sweetune is the right composing duo for you! Continuing with our series on freelance and inhouse hitmakers, the spotlight is now on Sweetune, a tag team of composers by the names of Han Jae-ho and Kim Seung-soo. Sweetune got their start with DSP Media, composing for girl group KARA which helped to transform them into the force they are today in both the Korean and Japanese music markets. From then on, Sweetune has remained loyal to KARA and their sister group, Rainbow, but they have also managed to spread their composing around to other groups, sometimes with equally as successful or unsatisfactory results.

Just like Yoo Young-jin, it

• Like 2

Sweetune is an amazing producer! He produced so many great songs, especially for Kara! Songs such as my favorite single "Pretty Girl", "Honey", "STEP", and their recent song "Pandora". And he produced Nine Muses song "Ticket" which was pretty addictive, and SPICA's "Russian Roulette", which I loved the beats for. Plus Infinite! "BTD" (that was when I started liking Infinite a lot), that song proved Infinite should receive more attention than they were receiving. "Nothing's Over", which I freaking loved! I loved the addictive beats in "Paradise", and "The Chaser" was a pretty cool, fast, upbeat song!

He also produced Kara's "Lupin", which made them more popular. Then the girls released "Jumping", which was also produced by Sweetune and made the girls really popular, then next thing you know, "STEP" is released and Kara was deemed one of the top girl groups in Korea. Sweetune should receive an award so or some kind of recognition, his songs are like masterpieces.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

i remember them backing our girls when they're in crisis.

they're like family for kara n i absolutely love their sweet song 

here's the article: http://www.koreaboo.com/index.html/_/general/karas-composers-say-karas-situation-i-r4589

pd han jaeho tweet at that time: http://blog.ningin.com/2011/01/20/karas-composer-han-jae-ho-reveals-his-thoughts-on-the-contract-terminations/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sweetune is daebak okay?  :gemshout: 
KARA + Sweetune = OTP,  :gemheart: 
Together they create magic  :gemadmire: 
Forever inlove with their tracks! 
I am surprisingly inlove with Sweetune's collabs with other groups too!
Infinite and 9Muses, Sweetune so addicting!  :gemnoway:

• 4 months later...

We all know that Sweetune has create a distinct style for KARA and Duble Sidekick is essentially following that blueprint. Now I'm glad that KARA has maintained their sound with them but KARAXSweetune will always be my OTP (after GyulJing of course) because...

KARA in Greek means Sweet Melody.

Sweetune is basically Sweet Tune.

Done and Done. They were made for each other.

creds to my sister for thinking up of that  :energetic:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

just woke up after a short nap when i decided to open karaholic and read this thread... :shocked:

totally forgot that i'm the one who started this thread!

well, that's just shows how inactive i am when it comes to posting xD

putting that aside...  

i also worrying about the outcome of changing producer, since the fear of unknown is inevitable to me, but yeah... i started to feel silly for worrying about that :P

the moment i put my earphone listening to those tracks, i'm in heaven~  okay, a bit overt maybe (- -) but you guys got the point right?

well, pretty much everything that i want to say already being stated by you guys, and that's just how like-minded and united we are as a fan *aww

and about Sweetune, they seems so "discreet" this 2014. i don't know, maybe it's just me :P

aside from Stellar's "Marionette" and "Mask" (which is a fine track, despite having "such" MV) and Infinite's "Last Romeo", i don't think i can found another works of them in this year.

hmm... mind to enlighten all of us here, anyone? :P

• 2 weeks later...

"The two men seem extremely nostalgic about the 80′s brand of synth pop." O...M...G!

When I first became a fan of KARA, it was because the songs had such strong 80's synth pop influence. I'm a HUGE fan of 80's synth pop so it's no wonder KARA struck a chord with me.

• Like 1

That's their secret. Sweetune does synth pop which reminds me of 80's retro hits back then. Those are the tones I still remember then when I first heared the "Mister" chorus two years ago.

Now, I still remember why I got hooked up with their hits ever since I ran into the Technika 3 game machine and play! So retroscopic but so nostalgic!

• Like 1