The Kamilia Project

Behold the wonders of The Kamilia Project. We will bring the Kamilia of the World together to show our love of KARA. Instead of just taking from KARA, we want to give back and make art. I like to call ourselves Kartists. If we pull this off, hopefully, we will get to meet KARA.

The idea is to make a video that goes viral. Once we get noticed, we can get media attention that will lead to DSP becoming interested in the project. Once we have DSP's attention then we can proceed with meeting KARA.

This thread is for discussion of the project. Please post ideas, leads, or anything that will help us achieve our goal. -----Under the spoiler is an idea for the video (note that as things progress our idea evolves). Originally, the idea was just to get lots of videos from Kamilia but now, while we still want to get lots of video, we want to video to have a plot.

The Kamilia Project

Introduction:
I was thinking about what does it mean to be Kamilia. Well, Painters work in oils or watercolors. Muscians work with sounds. Kamilias work in KARA. I'm a kartist. I realized that the real project is to make great art with Kamilias in honor of KARA.

Idea:
Just like the name suggests, we would love to get all Kamilia involved, but how? I suggest we make a compilation video with Kamilias. Something where people get 1-5 seconds of video to express themselves as "I'm Kamilia". For example, Pinkpanda and Hardcolefan may post themselves dancing or angel_sanctuary might play guitar or for someone else, maybe KARA helps them climb mountains. Let everyone do it their own way, in large groups, in costume, in different languages, etc. Let the action itself say "I'm Kamilia". If every video is an average of 3 seconds, 200 videos is 10 minutes. Since many people will submit group videos, 200 videos might be around 1000 Kamilia. If we really start to get a lot of videos, we can make a condensed one with the best videos. If it goes viral enough, KARA themselves might upload their few seconds of video.

Reasons:
(1) Easy to start/We can have a video by January
(2) Everyone can participate
(3) Our technical skills can handle this
(4) If we get enough Kamilia, it could go viral/Built in audience since everyone who sends in video will want to see themselves

What To Do:
(1) A place for people to drop their video
(2) People to edit the video (it would be cool if we could tell a story and not just have random scenes)
(3) Release in January right before the concert

What would be really cool, is if we could release this while people are waiting for the show to start at the Tokyo Dome and all the fans watch the video on their phones. The KARA Christmas trees got a lot of attention, we can get even more.

I don't intend on this stopping the other ideas. This just gets us started and hopefully, something done by early January.

-----Summary for Sunday Nov. 25, 2012's Meeting

Discussed mascots.

Discussed plot for the video.

-----Summary for Sunday Dec. 2, 2012's Meeting

Malia the horse is the offical Kamilia mascot.

Decided on going with the plot as outlined by TJX.

Have storyboard for next meeting.

-----Summary for Sunday Dec. 9, 2012's Meeting

Discussed storyboard.

-----Summary for Sunday Dec. 16, 2012's Meeting

Discussed bobcmbob118's story.

-----Summary for Sunday Dec. 23, 2012's Meeting

Nothing to report

-----Summary for Mar. 18, 2013

Continue to work on music. Hopefully, will get to editing HCF's video soon but I'm rather busy so I'll see.

Edited by ilovekaramorethanthebeatles
  • Like 1

Nice. It's gonna be a tough challenge but I think I'm interested. What do you guys plan on doing? Maybe include a brief summary or project objective so that others here can get a clearer idea of this "Kamilia Project"? I think I can help with art/animation or other design parts since I have skills in Photoshop, Flash and digital painting. I'm still considering though.

^

Yes you could help us too Redresonance. :) Your art and animation skills would greatly help us.

Goal

As a start the goal of this project is to have Kara recognise us Kamilia/Karaholic and have them reply to us or contact us. This is more than just Kara recognising us Karaholic/Kamilia. We want Kara to communicate with us and even meet us in person after looking at our efforts. Meeting us like going on a date or interview or any other way. The bottom line is for them to communicate with us.

Progress so far

Currently we are at the stage of brainstorming for ideas on a video we would present and show to Kara. We are thinking off what to include in the video or what should be shown. A story mv was suggested but we are looking for ideas of what the story would be or what the people in the mv would be doing. If any of you have ideas to contribute here or contact me or anyone doing this.

Although our focus now is a video to go viral and have Kara take notice, any other ideas could be included too. For example like when one of us happen to meet Kara in person and talking with them

Things done

Sample videos done by Pinkpanda.

Edited by Palaverist

XD edit title? "Kamilia Prjoect", just me being nit-picky

That's why one should type without any sleep. I don't think I can change it. We'll have to get Wilson to do it.Using the full editor worked.

I like the style of the first video but IMO upbeat music like Step would get more attention? (the official YT vid does have over millions of views...)

Also, I don't know what I can do here but I have a few languages under my belt - Mandarin, English, Japanese, German, French (in order of fluency) so if you need me to translate I could definitely help out!

Nice. Are there minutes from the meeting that took place this past Sunday?

Now that we have a premium room over at Chatzy, all the posts are saved and available in the chatroom. Go to our room in Chatzy (http://www.chatzy.com/77863365088239) and scroll to the top. At the top it says "Click here to view previous content". Click this and you can call up any page I haven't cleared. My plan is to leave the posts viewable. The only posts I cleared so far were my posts when I was testing the room. Since the meeting posts tend to be free flow, we'll post a short summary on the first page of the thread (probably, in the thread too).

i think i will join

I like the style of the first video but IMO upbeat music like Step would get more attention? (the official YT vid does have over millions of views...)

Also, I don't know what I can do here but I have a few languages under my belt - Mandarin, English, Japanese, German, French (in order of fluency) so if you need me to translate I could definitely help out!

^ Then I'll take a look at the video before deciding to join or not. :unsure:

We would love any help that you can give us. Specifically, we need video and sound editors, animators, and actors. We really want this to be a Worldwide Kamilia project with input from all Kamilia. You may join our weekly meeting here http://www.chatzy.com/77863365088239 every Sunday at 2pm UTC. (You will need to find out what this is in your local time.)

The reason the idea isn't more concrete is that we are in the process of working out what the story line should be. During our next meeting, we will spend more time discussing story line ideas.

tomorrow is sunday again! hopefully everyone can attend the meeting and meet new people who wants to join us ^^ fighting kamilia! let's help each other inorder for this project to be successful! KARA deserves to be known all over the world :)

I've drawn kamalia, sorry for the poor coloring since i only used MS paint. ill try to enhance it tomorrow using photoshop :) - pooding and TJX is also sketching malia/kamalia

XOOhv.png

Make it a unicorn :gemhoho: because we are all magical in our own special ways..........

I really gotta stop watching kid shows :gemnoway: