[2012.12.01] KARA Animation to air Next Spring 2013

dlskam

JCRCh.jpg

The five-member South Korean girl pop group Kara will get their own animated adaptation that will air in Japan next spring. The tentatively titled Kara The Animation television series will consist of five episodes, and each episode will focus on one of the members. The fictional stories will feature each of the members in a different career: Gyuri as a police officer, Seungyeon as an astronaut, Nicole as a passenger boat captain, Hara as security police for the Monaco royal family, and Jiyoung as a sexy and spirited firefighter.

Each group member will provide the voices for the animated versions of themselves, and so the series will air with Korean dialogue and will have Japanese subtitles. The series will mark each members voice-acting debut, and the group will also provide the shows theme song.

The reason for the new series is to provide a way for Kara to reach out to fans in Japan, even though the members do not get many chances to visit Japan. Gyuri herself is a well-known fan of manga such as One Piece and anime. Her own mother was a voice actress, so she said that she and her mother were overjoyed at her first opportunity to voice-act.

An advanced preview of the show will premiere during the groups first performance at the Tokyo Dome stadium on January 6. The show will air in both South Korea and Japan. It is not yet announced if the show will be produced by a Japanese or a South Korean animation studio.

[c] top star news

yay finally there's news about the animation from so long ago. 1 episode per member I guess. The best thing is that KARA's gonna be the personal voice-over for their own anime. Cool stuff. I like the caps behind the characters, looks like they're almost done.

Oh! Finally more news about this after all this time! I'm definitely going to watch this, they get to voice as themselves! And is that Seungyeon fighting aliens in one of those pictures?! That's gonna be so awesome!

I seriously can't wait for this. The style in the teaser illustration are really well-done and our lovely five are recognizable, which is very important. Also it excites me the fact that they'll be recording their own voices. SUPER COOL! :gemhoho:

Awesome KARA :D

Thanks for sharing!

I love anime and I love KARA. Anime+KARA= :geminluv:

Although normally I don't see that kind of anime that features real people, the art seems pretty good. I hope the OST is not bad. Even with good art, a crappy OST would ruin everything for me and for all anime lovers (although I would see it anyway ~as a KARA fan~). I'm refering to the sound effects too.

Well, whatever. I'll stop the otaku conversation now.

I'm looking forward to see some teaser/trailer of the anime

wow! this is really cool! the girls are finally achieving fame in Japan and that would be a huge leap to get more popularity there. I'm anxious to see something on youtube or something, since I do not have access to international TV. But I would love to see Hara and Jiyoung acting. haha, it looks great!