Kara (Korean) vs. Kara (Japanese)

k1234k

it's really difficult to decide for the Korean KARA,  cause every now and then they're releasing non stop music in Japan, but they only do it once in Korea. It's just unfair for the Korean fans. 

But Still, I love the Korean KARA than the Japanese KARA

From their humble begging as an unknown group and now they've full bloomed!!

So Proud of being a KAMILIA!!

• 2 weeks later...

Damn I love KARA, and this last release makes more difficult my decision, I know that they started in korean but their japanese songs are more charming; the melody, the lyrics, the dance steps, I like girly concept, that's why I prefer japanese KARA

But does not mean that I don't like KARA with a mature concept, "Full Bloom" is now my favorite korean release, I like ALL the songs and they look really sexy without rare dance steps or outift, even the melody is charming, is like JPOP, japanese too xD I think is clear.

• Like 1

Japanese or Korean Kara are both so different, I wouldn't be able to choose.  It just all depends on what I want at a specific moment. 

Japanese Kara are cute and I like how they dress when they appear on varieties.  Their music is also cute and very anime style.

Korean Kara are sexy, and can sometimes be cute.  Their clothing is more flashy and their music is very poppy and catchy.

I would say prefer their Korean music more than their Japanese music though.

Hara: It doesn’t matter if it’s a Japanese or Korean song producer, a KARA style is always incorporated into our songs. I think that’s our charm.

This is how I feel. And I love that Hara said it.

KARA's Japanese releases didn't stray much from the pre-Japan debut KARA (cute and innocent and fun). The singles are cute, of course, to appeal to the market more. They tried to see if Japan was ready for a sexier KARA with Speed Up, but Girls Power was more popular. But the other tracks in their Japanese albums provide other sounds that are Japanese yet distinctly KARA. There's a mature/sexy KARA in their Japanese songs too.

Korean releases are more geared toward Korean music tastes. Their title tracks almost always have a rap part, as most KPOP songs are. If you listen to the other songs in their albums, they always try new music styles while still singing it with that KARA style. There's cute KARA in their Korean songs too.

To say KARA in Japan is cute while KARA in Korea is sexy, is just looking at their title tracks and singles. And since I listen to songs depending on my mood, I don't mind whichever language they sing. But I'm interested to discover where KARA will go in music, as Jiyoung said that their tastes used to be a bit divided but now they agree more.

• Like 1

Difficult question. Both Korean and Japanese's Songs are great, but I will prefer Japanese KARA (although Step is my favorite music, the korean Step). The K-KARA is sexier and gives a strong image, while the J-KARA is cute and innocent. I prefer cute songs rather than strong songs, that's why I prefer J-KARA.

But, more than cute songs, I like songs like STEP, with upbeat, a little of eletro and fast speed lyrics. Wish that they create more songs like that

I think I like the Korean songs better but I like them promoting in Japan. Korea has way too many groups guy and girl groups. Also as popular as they are in Korea, I feel they are much more popular in Japan. Ugh, it really is hard to choose lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I like both styles equally. It goes from a more unique/mature style to a really, REALLY cute one and I love both. Also I love it when they speak in Japanese cause you know, it's not their first language. It's respectable, but it's also really cute. ^^ I don't mind that they are organized as a typical Jpop group because they pull it off well. There is no jarring gap between there Korean and Japanese material because they seem so interchangable. So overall I love both styles for sure!

As a big fan of Perfume and a part-time shipper of Karafume, I have to say Japan.

Particularly because their Japanese career had come with some of their biggest achievements as a Korean artist in Japan, alongside Soshi, TVXQ and BoA in terms of their influence. Their quality, I believe, has its own pros and cons within each respective region but I believe it depends on the fans' taste. I honestly equally like both their Japanese and Korean releases, but I see good prospects for their career in Japan amidst the waning interest in Kpop there.

• Like 1

I know they're trying to fit in the J-Pop idol culture where they need to be cute and their songs too, honestly I think they'll get more popular if they continue releasing songs like Lupin. AKB48's cuteness is all over the place in Japan, we need some awesomeness!

Definitely Korean <3 but some Japanese songs are really good too.. I prefer Korean rather than Japanese songs, there are some + and - in my opinion. As long as it's KARA's songs, I will always enjoy listening to it~  :gemheart:

This is a difficult one to answer because I like both style of KARA. The Japanese people like their idols to be full of cuteness, while the Korean likes theirs matured. As for the songs it is great in both Japanese and Korean. As a Japanese American either style works for me and I want to visit South Korea one day to see the Matured style KARA because I have seen the cuteness style already the last time I went back to Japan.

• 5 months later...