[2013.01.08] Kang Jiyoung, Withdrew from 'Iris2'

yuda

78651252.png

Girl group KARA's maknae Kang Jiyoung finally decided to not make an appearance in KBS2's new drama 'Iris 2'.

DSP Media stated on the 8th "Kang Jiyoung has discussed with 'Iris 2' for the condition for making appearance and since there are some different opinions about the part, recently we have decided to not make an appearance".

They also added "Since this is her first challenge for Korean drama, we decided this carefully to make sure this will be the best way to support her work and herself. Though she didn't make appearance in 'Iris 2', we keep on carefully reviewing proposal for her to make appearance in dramas or movies, and she will make her challenge in acting when it's decided"

Kang Jiyoung originally will be playing Agent Song Chaeran but because of this her first challenge for a drama has been postponed.

Source: http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?newsid=201301081055411114&ext=na

I was wondering how she was going to film this and go to school.... so maybe this is for the best so she can focus on school ? XD

It seems like she will be getting other opportunities regardless.

Thanks for the translations!

I'm so sad to hear these news I has really excited to see her as an NSS agent and I actually just finished watching IRIS in order to understand the story *sigh* well guess that was all in vain. But let's hope we can see her soon in another drama Jiyoung fighting

It's okay, next time jing. There'll be other opportunities for you to be in a k-drama :)

I wouldn't even mind if she started playing a small role in a sitcom or something

But yeah, whatever she and the company thinks is best for her cause i wouldn't want her to be stressing out over it

and thanks for the translations! i haven't seen the newsbox this quickly updated in a while. it's nice :)

THank you for the translation. To be honest yeah a less serious role would be better for her as this would have been her first role in a drama. But all the same I look forward to seeing Jiyoungs acting debute.

if i were jiyoung, i won't take the role myself too...

i mean if you're busy with kara activities and this will just make your commitment to your group less, then just let it go~

it would be nice to see jiyoung in iris 2 but i don't want her to go out missing from group activities cause of this role that they don't even 110% like...

i like people sticking to their pack a lot haha just my opinion~

Really doesn't affect me that much because I don't think the character role fits Jing. I'd prefer her to act in something more natural to her charms for a start. But I definitely don't doubt that our maknae would pull it off and do a good job regardless if she was chosen. And if she really did got chosen for the role, it would have been a good accomplishment and start to her acting career.

wows. this is actually new update me for me. I think Jiyoung made a wise decision. She knows best in where she is in life. All singers don't have to try to become actors.

yeah i think you right

but i still waiting for jiyoung drama and jiyoung acting

always... Jiyoung Fighting!!!!

tumblr_md6t3sgOzg1r0sqdio1_500.gif.........WHY!?!70.gif?w=50&h=50

I was really looking forward to seeing her act in a serious role!! i know she can do it. You fools!! wretched mortals!! You shall give her a bigger role and more opportunities in 2013 and beyond!!

Edited by Deaththekid

I'm really anticipating her debut as an actress but to be honest I'm glad she refused Iris 2 because even if Iris was a success, I'm not fan of this kind of drama and I don't think agent role really suit our maknae. I prefer her to wait for a role that will make her able to shine.

• 3 months later...