[2013.01.07] "Thank you for the first Tokyo Dome Concert

yuda

66236214.png

KARA who currrently doing activities in Japanese became the first Korean girl group to make a concert in Tokyo. On the 6th afternoon, before going up to the stage, KARA members who met with the reporters have lots of glow in their faces. The feeling of nervous and excitement are exposed.

The image is quite different compared to their image during Arena Tour that started on April last year which was full of composure of 5 years of debut in Japan. It seems because of the tense that given by the stage called Tokyo Dome.

The members didn't showed satisfaction of their own achievements but rather they express their thanks to the fans (for their achievements) and instead of getting settled, they talked about other challenges. These are the Q&A with KARA who preparing for their future.

▲While doing the Arena Tour you said that you wanted to stand on the Tokyo Dome stage. You achieved that dream just in 9 months, how do you feel?

Gyuri= we hear a lot that we received lots of love in japan and able to rank high on chart, became the first or the best in some part, that makes us feel embarrassed and feel that we need to be more humble. We are thankful that we able to became the first to enter Tokyo Dome but with that we also got great responsibility. It's not because we are the best or great but it's all thanks to the fans who took care of us. We will strive hard to become a better and hard working group.

▲It's different with the usual performance. How do you prepared for it?

Seungyeon= compared to the Korean one, we prepared lots of Japanese songs thanks to the Japanese fans. We also prepared different solo stages than the one on the last tour. We also included japanese popular songs so we will be able to have more fun with the Japanese fans.

▲Do you think that the point that make KARA popular are different in Korea and Japan?

Gyuri= KARA always have points like this. On the stage we shows our professional selves, however on comfortable places like variety we changed to try our best to approach them. I think these made them keep on monitoring us.

▲Excluding Japan, if you are doing performance in other place, where will you like to stand at?

Nicole= we will try hard if there are any opportunities. We really wanted to challenge it. (We asked for a concrete example, and after discussing with the member) We want to go to Europe.

Seungyeon=We have went to Paris, but we also want to meet fans from other cities in Europe.

▲It seems there are nothing else to achieve in Japan. Do you have other goals?

Hara= Our initial goal after debuting in Japan was to join the Kouhaku Uta Gassen and to have a solo concert in Tokyo Dome. I'm thankful for the member and fans because we able to achieved it in short time. This is the first performance, but next we want to meet the fans in Tokyo Dome for the second time.

▲While doing activities in a long period there also various unfavorable conditions. What do you think KARA's driving force to overcome those obstacles?

Seungyeon= We always think that KARA always need to enjoy ourselves in doing lots of things. We are working hard to show our cheerful energy and new image. No matter how busy we are, we always do each of our performance without being careless and with full of sincerity. I think that's why we able to receive loves.

Source: http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/music/201301/sp2013010708003295510.htm

Tip: iammai

This is why I love them so much. They're not perfect/first/best but they always become number 1 for Kamilia! They'll do more and more this year, this is just one of small step for the big one! Next aim is World Tour!

The way I see it, it's not because it's an easier market but KARA's sweet melody has a better fit there. Compared to American pop, Sweetune compositions are closer to Europop. Besides, they've been to Cali a couple of times already but have yet to perform anywhere in Europe.

Also, KARA talked about preparing to enter Japan in 2009 (Wanna promotions) and they did it in late 2010. So there might be some sort of discussions of performances there, either via KPop concerts or their own or maybe via their perfume K5J.

i guess their music has a bigger fanbase in europe compared to america. European countries are quite interested in kpop and its dance. Another reason could be because there are other girl groups who already entered the american scene. World tour would be the best solution for everyone :) but they would probably get homesick

Great answers in that interview. The girls firmly know where they are coming from, their limitations, and how much they owe to the fans.

The whole Japanese Tokyo Dome concert really looks like they put on just an amazing show for their Japanese fan base, and their consideration for how they organized the acts just shows how much they care, and how badly they want to express their gratitude to Kamilias.

Their success in Japan is definitely something to never forget in the KARA career. I really hope that there will be other great challenges for them. That way they can expand their talents and receive much more love <3

KARA concouer the world without anyone notice it,

very slowly and never looking back!!

That's KARA, the best for Kamilia XD

I gotta agree with that. I don't know why but it seems like they kinda came out of no where and got super famous and people don't seem to notice it much.

Damn Americans! Why can't we be more universal with our taste in music. It's great listening to music I don't understand, sometimes the lyrics aren't so great so it's nice not to understand it lol.

Come to L.A Kara, there's lots of Koreans here haha.

• 2 weeks later...