HamCole sub-unit. What do you think?

iammai

^

The way I see it, sub-units are created to increase popularity of the group itself thru (1) a concept different from the grp concept, or (2) members not too laden with activities. In the case of After School and Rainbow, Orange Caramel and Rainbow Pixies gave the group the ability to reach out to those who wants the cutesy concept. For TTS, other SNSD members had solo activities. It's similar to having the most popular member go do a solo project like HyunA.

For KARA, if this is true, I believe this is because of the members' solo activities. Gyuri has her drama and MBC does keep her busy with cameos. Jing would have had IRIS2, but maybe there's something else in the works for her or she's going to focus on school first. Hara might really be chosen for that MC gig and well she is always busy with photoshoots and the soju endorsement deal puts her in the public spot the most.

Hammie only has her Animal Farm MC gig going and Cole, well, she's busy maintaining her body hahaha.

Nicole (in MAMA) and Hara (in Entertainment Weekly) both indicated that KARA will be focusing on solo activities first for 2013.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SYNC?I like HamCole better..even Nicole tweet that..keke or maybe Blood A Collab..haha.Either way i support this subunit n hopefully Gyuri solo tis year too :-)

Apparently, this was all fan-made. Awww... but let's wish the best for KARA's solo projects this start of 2013.

@iammai thank you for ur quick response. in other words, DSP is kinda worried about Hammie's and Nicole's lack of activity/popularity rite?

Hell no. It's never about the lack of popularity of a certain member.

Yeah, I forgot to add that HamJing has their UnionBay endorsement deal.

I really do want to see Cole take on some more projects. Her endorsement deal with Kappa ended and so did her Kuki Six. I hope she gets good reviews for MCing on GDA and she gets out of the country KPop Concert MC gigs after that.

We'll see. 2013 has just started and Gyuri is already filming her drama. We'll get more info on their solo projects in time.

oh come on, why should DSP worry about Ham and Cole's popularity? they never lack of it..

and I'm also surprise with people saying HamCole is the unexpected one, really?? actually they're most possible thing to happen; both powerful singers and dancers, both can pull sexy and cute image, plus Cole can rap and it will be interesting to see duo rap between those two like in "If You Wanna" again..

Is it because they're awkward couple? if you watch Kara4 shows, you'll never have that conclusion. They're always close, all girls are, though back in 2010 Ham said she's quite awkward with Jiyoung and there was also a rumor that Gyul and Hara not that close but now they're inseparable, the power of 5!

so we know that it's just a rumor/trolling stuff from K-Kamilia but I just want to state something, there...

and I'm kind of relieve that it's not gonna happen (but nothing is impossible, right?) because I just can't picture Kara having sub-unit and let them public thinking that they're just following sub-unit trends nowadays.. they're perfect as 5, I can't ask for more or less..

if they include HaRa, it could be KARASYNCHRO. Wow my genius knows no bounds.

Wow, nice. But the O came from nowhere. I challenge you to add Gyuri (GR) and Jiyoung (JY), genius. But KARASYNCHRO is a nice name. But I doubt it fits with their concept. Then again, a subunit can have a new concept. I can imagine KARASYNCHRO having like a dance / clubbing / techno / cool / futuristic kind of concept to go along with their name.

The subunit idea is great. I mean why not ? HamCole as a subunit is a killer combo there. So much potential. Nicole has nothing much on her schedule anyway while SY needs to show off her dancing (popping) skills more. Both of them could show off an image that is totally different or stronger from the current Kara5.

Too bad it's just fan-made. Haha. At least it gave me some excited moments. Haha

Edited by jjy

I think Nicole and Seungyeon would be an awesome pair since they are really close and are very versatile. Nicole and Seungyeon have a deeper understanding of each other and they are more secretive about their close bonds. I think they can pull off something fierce/R&B style and even beautiful ballads. They are both born to perform so I am really excited to see what style they will be experimenting.

Hm ... I had read that Hammie said something about KARA need a lot of support this year. I do not thought it was a subdivision. Will be like Twinkle, SNSD, right? Well, I'm glad that they are together for a new CD (maybe) and probably will be the next subdivision with Gyuri, Hara and Jiyoung! I think DSP made ​​a good choice, can not wait for the music and the MVs!

Let me remind you guys that kkamilia already clarified this was a fanmade list, so don't get your hopes up for nothing.

oh, i'm sorry, I was so excited for this, that I forgot to read the EDIT. T.T
Well, If HamCole is fake, I'm a little sad now. I really would like if HamCole sub-unit was real.

Still hoping that HamCole sub-unit would someday come true. SeungYeon and Nicole do seem to have abit more time on their hands compared to the rest of the members. Ahh really want Nicole to become a regular guest on a variety show! One that has to do with activities and missions :) anticipating KARA's appearance on Idol Athletics Championship

• 2 months later...