[2009.02.12] KARA's Goo Hara and Kang Jiyoung Graduates.

coffeebeanie

February is a month of graduations. And this is the same for many idol stars who are very popular nowadays. Of course, fans are showing a lot of interest in their graduation pictures as well.

Because their faces are bare of make-up, the netizens were able to see a natural and young image of the stars through these pictures. The graduation photos that are gaining a lot of attention and popularity amongst fans are Girls Generations' Im Yoona, Choi Sooyoung, KARA's Goo Hara and figure skater Kim Yuna, all who graduated from high school, and KARA's Kang Jiyoung, who graduated from middle school.

Lets take a peek at their graduation pictures - a 180 degree turn from their stage photos.

200902120755076588632ue4.jpg

KARA's Goo Hara's graduation picture is gaining a lot of attention.Different from the image that we usually see on stage, she had no make up, but was looking pure and pretty. She had her hair up in a ponytail, with a sweet smile on her face. Her uniform, which fit her perfectly, reveals a new side of her girlish charm. One fan praised her for her looks, stating that "Even if she performed on stage without make up, she would still look very pretty."

200902120755076588634uw5.jpg

Full of charms, KARA's member Kang Jiyoung's graduation picture still is a reflection of her cute image. Her round eyes and bright smile that we see on stage is captured perfectly in her graduation photo. Her black hair emphasizes her smooth white skin. On the other hand, there was also an outdoor photo that was released which had her bangs pinned up, making her even cuter. Netizens commented "She has the most 'young girl' image. She is really cute."

KARA's maknae Kang Jiyoung graduates middle school today, February 13th.

And this day there will be twice the celebration as it also marks their first stage for <Honey>.

She will attend her simple graduation ceremony after KARA's rehearsals for KBS2's Music Bank. She will be attending an all-girls high school this coming March.

source: NEWSEN LINK

T/N Note: Didn't want to make another topic for maknae's graduation since the article was just a few lines long. But still, congrats to our cute Jiyoung!

source: SPORTSSEOUL LINK

thanks to anne! :)

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic. CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

Edited by coffeebeanie

Hara and Jiyoung still looked pretty and cute even without make up...XD

Netizens gaining interests in their pictures ^^

Because they see a different side of these two that is different from how they are on stage...XD

And congratulations to both Hara and Jiyoung ^^

Thank you very much for the translations Tin onni...XD

Lol. I always laugh at how they analyze pictures.

I mean, they really enjoy stating the obvious. Haha.

Hara and Jiyoung both look so pretty.

I really like seeing these kind of pictures.

The girls devoid of makeup and looking basically,

Like a regular school-going student, instead of an idol.

Many thanks for the translations.

i just realized this. lol did Hara had an early graduation? She's 91-er, Seohyun & Nicole's batch no?

haha either way, yep yep, they looked good in the graduation pictures. :)

thanks tin!

there's something i don't understand, maybe it's the different school system but alot of stars that graduate this year are born 1990, shouldn't they graduate last year already? i'm born 1990 but i graduated last spring (june 08). the '91-er in the US is graduating this spring.

anyways, congrats to Ji Young and Hara. Did they attend their graduation? I know some artist couldn't attend theirs due to busy schedule.

Both of them have big and pretty eyes ~

I love the picture of Hara. If she isn't a singer, she can be an ullzang (that is, if she wasn't one before her debut). As for Jiyoung, she does have a pure and innocent face that resembles a young child. She is still young, but she has this "the girl next door" appeal in the pictures.

aw i want to see them in their graduation but then I don't because tat would make them really uncomfortable.

they look too pretty in the school pics

esp Hara natural beauty and Jiyoung is an adorable girl!!

she's going to be in 10 grade now~[if she's in the US..idk Korean school grades system]

good luck to them in their school~

and Hara!! aw she be in collgege now~

ohh unniees are soo pretty!

hehes so natural.

make up is bad actually lmao.

my friends say it makes ur skinny wrinklyy.. but then lmao i

still put on powder and foundation it doesn't make a big difference but w.e

rofl

actos and singers r suppose to hav make up to make them shinee moree

and congratz for graduating!

gl to them in the future!

oh congrats to hara and jiyoung ^_^..

both look pretty of course ^_^

too bad.. Nicole won't get a graduation pic.. not even a senior year photo.. sad.

thanks tin and anne :D

I think Nicole will because she goes to a different school. She goes to Global Christan school right? Isn't it an international school?

If it is, don't they have a different system?

How cute haha! Oh and Nicole attends an online school now ^^ I'm not sure why but I believe it's listed on their official site.

I remember on an interview JY said that when she met someon from DSP (don't remember if it was Kara's manager or whatnot) and he said that her face was rly big. Aww! She lost a lot of her baby fat hehe. Both of them were still super pretty<3