Official Nail Shop Paris Thread

eliza.hara구1

Gyuri talks about her cross dressing role in ‘Nail Salon Paris’

20130426_gyuri_nailsalonparis.jpg

Gyuri revealed that she was satisfied with her cross dressing role on ‘Nail Salon Paris‘.

Her new drama held a press conference on the 26th at the Seoul Yeouido CGV. At the press conference, she was asked, “Isn’t this your first drama?“. She answered, “If you want to get into details, I was a child actress. As I was having my KARA promotions, I was hoping that I’d be able to act one day, so I didn’t want to lose this opportunity. Unlike the other actors, I had a lengthy trainee period. So I worked really hard to listen to everything the director said.

She was then asked, “Did you feel burdened by the cross dressing role? Did you like the role?“. She answered, “I’ve felt this when I saw dramas with cross dressing women, but I think it’s a very fun topic. I’ve tried cross dressing on variety shows before, as well. I thought that it might help me escape from my Goddess image.

On acting, she said, “I really like acting. I’m going to keep doing it.

The drama will start airing on May 3 through MBC Queen!

credit AKP

Jun Ji Hoo reveals he and Gyuri had a lot of kiss scenes for ‘Nail Salon Paris’

20130426_JunJiHoo_Gyuri.jpg

So just what were the most memorable scenes for actor Jun Ji Hoo while shooting the new drama ‘Nail Salon Paris‘?

It turns out they were the kiss scenes with co-star KARA‘s Gyuri! The cast of the new drama held a press conference on the 26th at the Seoul Yeouido CGV. When the MC asked him about the most memorable scenes, Jun Ji Hoo shared, “There were a lot of kiss scenes. So there were many awkward moments.” The MC then responded in confusion, “I don’t understand how kiss scenes can be difficult. Don’t you just do it?”

Jun Ji Hoo tried to explain, “There were a lot so for each individual kiss, we didn’t know what level of emotions we should show, so it was tough.” When the MC asked how many actual kiss scenes were shot, the actor commented, “According to my memory, there were four actual. However, because we kept filming them repeatedly, I remember it as being a whole lot.”

Gyuri will play the role of Hong Yuh Joo who is an internet fiction writer who cross dresses to work at ‘Nail Salon Paris’. Jun Ji Hoo will play the role of the heartthrob nail artist, Alex, who also works at the salon.

‘Nail Salon Paris’ will premiere on May 3 at 11 PM KST!

credit AKP

Why did Gyuri cry while recently filming for ‘Nail Salon Paris’?

20130429_gyuri_drama.jpg

KARA‘s Gyuri burst into tears while filming for ‘Nail Salon Paris‘!

In the middle of filming on April 23, the power suddenly went out, shocking all the actors on set. After a tense moment, the lights came back on and the mood quickly changed to a pleasant surprise when the staff members walked in with cake and stated to the actors, “You did well“. All the actors were dumbfounded, but Gyuri especially sank down to the ground and burst into tears.

It was Gyuri’s first project in the leading role, and she had a special fondness for the drama in her heart. When she couldn’t stop crying, Jeon Ji Hoo, Song Jae Rim, and Thunder all tried their best to console her.

She’d expressed her sadness and gratitude at the final filming of the drama over her Twitter recently. The drama will begin airing on May 3 through MBC Queen and MBC Dramanet!

credit AKP

LOLz, didn't see ElJunRa posted it already.

it's been a long time since I took subway~! one cut from drama!keke ~ 오랜만에 지하철 탔어요~!

드라마 촬영 중에 한컷!ㅋㅋ (trans KARAtweets)

- from KARA LINE

OMG, if I saw someone that beautiful in the subway, I wouldn't be able to look away even though it's rude to stare.

I'm so excited, I don't care about my interview tomorrow coz my brain planner has May 3 as the date to wait for hahahaha. More excited for Gyul's drama than other life events hahahaha I'm crazy, Gyulsus save me.