[2013.01.18] Kang Jiyoung uploaded a bare-face selca "Now a 20 years old adult'

yuda

86564734.png

Girl group KARA member Kang Jiyoung wrote "thank you for everyone who congratulates me i'm just rolling around at home right now but i'm happiest like this" on her twitter account and uploaded a picture on Friday evening.

In the picture, Kang Jiyoung flaunting her distinct looks despite her pure bare-face. Especially her ordinary looks with cute Mickey Mouse t-shirt is impressive.

Netizens who saw the bare-face selca commented "Happy Birthday Kkangjii", "Kang Jiyoung's face is shining even without makeup", "unexpectedly Kang Jiyoung spending her birthday quietly", "Sincerely congratulations Kang Jiyoung for your 20 y.o birthday"

Kang Jiyoung who was born on January 18, 1994 became a 20y.o adult this year.

Source: http://tvdaily.mk.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1358505701452468017

oh no.. she's 20 now. .? :gemnoway:

i thought she's just turning 19. . .

In Korea, they have this tradition where newborns start at one years old, and then each passing of the lunar new year, rather than the birthday, adds one year to the person's age. In other words, the first year of their life is counted as one instead of zero, and then on the second year they are two years old, whereas in the West, the person would be one years old. So its like...I suck at explaining so basically: current year-birth year+1=age in Korea, so 2013-1994+1=19. they just add one year to their age.

I really don't understand how the korean count their years -.- How come she turned 20 and she was born in 94 and I'll turn 22 and was born in 91. Wouldn't be 19 instead of 20?

Well, happy birthday maknae ^-^

Like I said they include the time we spend in our mothers' womb.

she's a natural beauty...no doubt :) love her blue hair in Pandora and Girls Forever concept photos...she reminds me of a mermaid :DD looking forward to her upcoming solo activities and KARA's new album :)) wonder what will her style be like..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...