[2013.01.20] KARA's popularity leaning on each member

yuda

Kara is the only girlsgroup that I couldn't love one of the member the most but instead love them equally in mind. They have just had their own different personalities that make complete of each others. I know my bias is Jiyoung, but whenever I see other members doing something, it can't be helped that I say it's cute/pretty or whatever it is.

Other reason of liking Kara is that, they admit that without Kamilia, Kara isn't complete. They admit Kamilia as one of them, they made our song Dear Kamilia, made our Kamilia Day(11 June), and even made statement that without Kamilia, Kara won't move forward as a group. Also, Kamilia and Kara never was a Fanclub-Idol relationship, we are a one big happy family!

I want to add one more advantage of KARA is that they have much lesser number of members than other groups (7-8-9-10 and go on etc), it 's much easier for anyone to like and do the research about only 4-5 members, rather than 10-12 which is requires a LOOOT more time and efforts, and it 's extremely hard to find anyone can like them all :P

I like this much better than akp article (some comments there are the worst I can tell!), thanks for nice translation btw :-)

so true, every member have contribution to make Kara popular, they share the spotlight and ups and downs together and they're all well loved in this loveliest fandom ever, Kamilia..!

I didn't know that it was Seungyeon to push the group between Kara4 and Kara5. I have a new appreciation for her, now!

Kara is my fav girl group or maybe not only "girl" but my fav group overall. My bias are Gyuri and Nicole but I like them all and that doesn't happend much. Also, though they were in risk of disgrouping once, I think they are the more consisting group in the business now that I'm not worring of disgrouping now. I like other group that is being pushed forward only by the lider and the rapper and I'm really worried about them T_T but that doesn't happend with Kara.

P.S.: Also, "Less than a year" scared me. If their contract with DSP expires and they doesn't renew it, can other agency offer them a contract? Or that doesn't happend in korea? Because I think Kara really went a long way since their debut and became one of the most popular girls group in korea and in japan and other agencies could want them.

P.S.: Also, "Less than a year" scared me. If their contract with DSP expires and they doesn't renew it, can other agency offer them a contract? Or that doesn't happend in korea? Because I think Kara really went a long way since their debut and became one of the most popular girls group in korea and in japan and other agencies could want them.

Yes, but other agencies can only offer KARA a new contract if ALL OF THEM decide to leave DSP together (like what Shinhwa did before), but it 's a bit hard since 3 original members of KARA4 Gyuri, Nicole and Seungyeon have different contract with 2 members join after Sunghee left (Hara and Jiyoung)

im soo proud of kara

and thinking about

Less than a year" really scared me

i dont want to think about it

but i have to they will not remain 5 togrher forever

but hope they will still close

and who knows maybe they will renew the contract

wish them the best

Edited by queen88

This is one very strong reason why I love KARA. They really manage to share the spotlight and share the fanbase as well. No matter what happens between the five girls, the girls will continue to stick together forever and get through the good times and bad times together. That's what KARA does

I got this thing in my head that KARA will always be together as a group, but i know in reality that they may have to take their own separate ways someday. And to think that "that" time might actually be getting nearer than expected, it really scares me.

But to be able to take part and follow the girls in their way to where they are now makes me feel very proud and happy (though I became a Kamilia a little later last 2011 only). I regret now knowing them right from the start when they debuted. But still the time I spent admiring and loving them were all a part of me now and I know that's how every Kamilia feels right?

They've reached a long way, accomplished a lot of goals, achieved great amount of popularity, but for me, even without those things, they'll remain in my heart as the bubbly, enthusiastic, and very cute and adorable (not mention extremely gorgeous ladies as well) that I loved and will still love forever. I didn't like them for their fame or popularity, I love them for who they are and I'm so glad that they let us Kamilias into their lives as well.

Now all I want to say is that "KARA, thank you so much, thank you for being KARA and I will love you guys forever!". :D

Edited by Alex21

Reading this, I realised that all members of KARA have the same number of fans. You can see that Goo Hara appears more than the other members, but this doesn't mean she is the only who have fans. I see many Kamilias that love Hammie, and MANY MANY MANY that love Nicole, so Goo Hara isn't the only one. Gyuri is the leader, so she has more attention in some programs, and Kang JiYoung is really famous too, so I think that ALL KAMILIAS LOVE ALL MEMBERS OF KARA. No matter if you have a bias, the majority of the fans love ALL KARA.

• 2 weeks later...

It's noticeable that HAMMIE is popular in Japanese, Just go to the KARA LINE CAFE and you'll see lots lots of HAM!
And oh! 2014 KARA BYE? NO NO NO.. Where is your source by the way? :phew:

‘However, the contract with Universal Music, Kara’s Japanese album
label, was signed on August 2010, and is set to expire in August 2012.
DSP Media and Universal Music, however, are holding positive discussions
about renewing the contract.’‘About the contracts, all the members of
Kara have at least two years left in their contracts with DSP Media’, it
finished.The reason a large amount of attention is being paid to Kara’s
contracts and its future is because the group previously met a
disbandment crisis before. The group overcame after deciding that it
would be better to stay together as it rose to hallyu star fame, but the
members’ contracts with DSP Media were still under scrutiny because
they were rumored to expire this year.As DSP Media has revealed that the
members have at least two years left in their contracts, it seems Kara
will definitely be working with its current agency for a while longer

• 1 year later...

I have a problem picking my favorite member...people ask me that a lot...I love them all, what to do, it's hard to pick a favorite when they are absolutely amazing and without one member it feels imbalanced, it's not Kara. That's why this new member project might be difficult to accept but let's just go with it.