[2013.02.11]

yuda

Girl Group KARA can't get used to archery and got 0 points in a row, suffered humiliation.

On MBC New Year Special Variety Program "Idol Star Athletics Championship" engaged Miss A members in archery. Compared to other teams, KARA who got activities in Japan at the day of recording didn't
get much time to practice.

The first one to come out was Nicole, then Goo Hara and the last Kang Jiyoung, all 3 of them keep on getting 0 points.. 3 Members of KARA who continuously hit the set teased by the MC Lee Hwijae and Jeon Hyunmoo
"The Prize is MBC Set".

2013021117307748705118a.jpg

Meanwhile, on this program, Lee Hwijae, Jeon Hyunmoo, 2AM Jokwon, BEAST's Yang Yoseob lead the program while SHINee, Infinite, 2AM, MBLAQ, ZE:A, Teen Top, CNBLUE, FT Island, KARA, T-ara, Sistar, 4Minute, Miss A, Secret, A Pink, After School participated. These idols participated in events like 70m sprints, Hurdle, High Jump, 400m relay, archery, etc

Source: http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109540694

I think they were there more for support and to have fun rather than actively compete. As a senior I don't think they needed to be there but chose to do so. It was at least time for them to mingle with their peers and just relax for a day or a half a day.

Hey, archery is tough! Without practice, it's not impossible to not hit the target at all. I myself tried a few months back for the first time in my life and I sucked big time. My first shot didn't hit the target at all too. :P Gwenchana, girls!

I love these "untalented" girls so much!!!!(and they don't need to be talented in archery actually. Imagine if it was running, and if Hara was fine... ^^)
Their presence is just enough for that event! XD

kekeke~

Those cute girls! I don't care if they've got 0 points in every single competition, I just want to see their adorable expressions! Nicole's faces were the funniest, I love her 4-D personality!

Hopefully our lovely 5 can participate in every category. KARA FIGHTING!

Somehow it's hard to comment on this topic. I can't restrain myself from putting in a TF2 joke. Phew!! I somehow held myself back, anyway they gave their best, infact it was nice of them to let other groups shine as well, it's the rookies that really need the wins, and those whose popularity is less then theirs, so it's more then okay if the girls acted as comedy relief this time around.

Team work is judged not by a single player/member, but by the whole team members.

So Nicole, Hara & Jiyoung weren't presenting KARA in the competition, but presenting the Blue team.

& Failing a single game in a series of games is NOT the end.

& as we all saw, the final result was quite good. The Blue team "F" claimed second place.

So, I'm satisfied by the result. It's true, I wished they would won some medals, but it's not bad, it's OK, since our Girls are better in other things.

DSP's KARA, you're the Best! :gemadmire:

I have watch this part! It is so funny. Even with zero point they still win. They won my fragile fan heart. Hehe. %5Burl= Even without that just look at their expressions! They are having so much fun even when they are failing. Nicole dork face is not helping it too. I just smiled hard. That is what I call spirit! You don't get disappointed by failure but instead for Kara they enjoy them. It is not easy to laugh at yourself when so many are looking but those trio Hara, Jing and Cole just did it. I shall watch this video again! Inspiration for me not taking failure so hard or badly but instead have fun. I just remember Hara "game" face pulling the bow. The arrow shoot out barely hitting the target. From "game" face, she became dorky shy. Can't stop smiling and being embarrassed myself too.

Yeah like the others said archery takes practice. By the look of it, it looks like they are just given a bow on the spot. Nicole was examining the bow, with the expression what is it? Hitting the board with an arrow is good enough for a beginner.

For those out there that felt bad failing in something, watch this video I highly recommend it. You would feel better.

Edited by Palaverist

those three made an inpirational video with a very important lesson - Don't take life seriously.. hahaha

so cute!!!! really, they don't need the win (although, I hoped they would :P).. their presence is enough and jut had to enjoy themselves.. maybe better luck next time & compete in a sport where they're good at.. ^_^

Yes even though they lost horribly, but their reactions really made my day. I kept replaying their part on the show. Made me smile everytime they hit the wall and feeling embarrassed with themselves xD

i'm pretty sure most of us would get zeroes too

at least they gave us a big laugh, but their concentration was good though :D

everyone needs lots of practice before they become good so they get a pass

Hahaha. Their expressions were priceless. KARA may have lost badly, but they definitely did well entertaining us with their outbursts of light-hearted frustrations at their performance! I'm glad they didn't take it seriously at all. Getting all over competitive over something which they haven't practised for is completely pointless. It's better to take it in their stride rather than pressuring themselves over it. Anyway, they still succeeded as entertainers, didn't they, by bringing the smiles to our faces with their dorkiness?

:gemhoho: