[Hamtastic] Seungyeon Jang Ok-Jung , Live for Love Thread

I'm getting more and more curious as to how her character will play out in the series. Of course they'll probably emphasize the betrayal in favor of OkJung, but I really want to see the interaction between her and Yoo AhIn. I'm so curious as how the story will develop with her character! Knowing the history now (I researched it because of you SeungYeon) I want to see how it all plays out.

Is it wrong of me to actually be happy that as of now all news and press coverage have been centre mainly on the two leads? And rightfully so. I mean it's great SeungYeon is getting exposure but I'm sort of glad that she's getting minimal attention. It just means less pressure for her and less expectation from the public. I feel like as of right now, people might feel like her role will be of a passerby rather than a prominent one. Which is fine because then she will deliver a winning performance and blow everyone away... hahaha...

At first I just wanted to watch this drama because of Seungyeon but after seeing the previews, I really anticipate "Jang Ok-Jung" Music, costumes, setting...everything look so beautiful...and I really hope it will be a big hit.

It will be so great if Seungyeon can take part in one of the best drama this year...like Hara did with "City Hunter" in 2011.

Edited by Solin

Wow...!!!! love how Ham looks in those photos!

She looks beautiful and evil in the same time.

I have also watched the preview and loved how her character was introduced.

In a way...I have the feeling she might surprise people...in a good way.

now im very curious for this drama aswel

is Karaholic ganna sub this show?

hmm I don't know..I think they might sub Seungyeon cut only

But I heard this web will sub the full episodes http://www.viki.com/channels/10688-jang-ok-jung-live-in-love

First episode preview (nothing new though)

Edited by rhe-c

Even if I know Sookbin character is an antagonist in this version of the story, I still hope she won't be evil.

I love too much both Seungyeon and Sookbin in the drama "Dong Yi" lol.

First episode is so close...I'm totally excited ! I hope we can snap some Seungyeon in the first episode.

you know what, I'm getting annoyed with her character already, LOL..

it so different from MBC Dong Yi drama I've watched,

it's somewhat refreshing though to see the used to be valiant Dongyi turn into villain :D

anyway Achak have this 2nd JOJ support coming up

BHVeL-fCUAAk6lY.jpg

if you want to participate go to this page http://880724.com/joj_support.html

Edited by rhe-c

Ep 1

- logical assessment -

When she gets scolded and when KTH caught her stealing, her body language and nervousness is palpable (probably because she said she was really nervous)

Camera work for her scene and KTH could be better. Instead of switching back and forth with just their faces focused, they could have put them both in the frame. Also, with Hammie talking directly into the camera, it's less artsy.

Acting-wise, it's too little and too soon to give an assessment. Of course, knetizens would probably bash her being an acting-dol but they should wait for more scenes to give their verdict.

- fan assessment -

Woohoo~!!! More bitchy Hammie please! Those big eyes, her smirk... hahaha! I know she can make this character work, not coz she's a real but because non-smiling Hammie is glaring Hammie. Waiting for more.

FULL Hammie cut

Jang Ok Jung Lives in Love Episode 1 Review: The Future Queens, Kim Tae Hee & Hong Soo Hyun & Han Seung Yeon's First Appearance

20130408_1365428994_03840400_1.jpg

In the first episode of Jang Ok Jung Lives in Love, Jang Ok Jung(played by Kim Tae Hee), Queen Inhyeon(played by Hong Soo Hyun) and Suk-bin Choe(played by Han Seung Yeon) had their first encounters without knowing their rivalry in the coming future.

Ok Jung is know as the Joseon’s best Hanbok(Korean traditional costume) designer. Inhyeon came to buy a dress for the choosing day. Ok Jung handed the dress to her when it was done, and said, “I made a dress that will be loved by men.” However, Inhyeon said the dress didn’t fit the image of her as a queen, and left.

Just then, Ok Jung called Inhyeon’s maid as she noticed she stole her belongings. Maid Choe said, “I didn’t steal anything. Only if I didn’t get caught, it won’t be theft.” Ok Jung said, “If I give this to you as a gift, it won’t be theft. Just this once though.”

Ok Jung also asked her name, but she replied, “I don’t have such thing. But people call me Kim.” She continued, “I want to be like you when I grow up. Like Jang Ok Jung.”

The three ladies would be rivals in the future.

Source: TVreport

Credit : koreandrama.com

FULL Episode :

credit uploader

Seungyeon's appearance was too short !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For now I don't think we can judge her acting skills. We may have to wait until she really comes in the story. It means...not until the second half of the drama probably

But just looking her in this scene makes me smile.... Because it reminds me why she is compared to an hamster lol. Her character should be malicious/evil...but when I saw her I found she was way too cute lol.

Edited by Solin

Episode 1 with English subs on dramacrazy

http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/jang-ok-jung-live-in-love-episode-1/

----

Because I got curious about what they were saying about Hammie looking too young, I looked up the actual historical figures (Wikipedia is a good friend)

Jang Ok Jeong was born 1659 (Kim TaeHee born 1980)

Queen Inhyeon was born 1667 (Hoon Soohyun born 1981)

Suk-bin Choe was born 1670 (Hammie born 1988)

So age-wise, Hammie looking younger than the other actresses isn't so far off. Queen Inhyeon married King Sukjong as his second Queen Consort in 1681. The first scene was during the selection of the queen so that makes Hammie's character just 11 years old or younger. If anything, her looks fit it more than the other two women.

I'm really interested in how the writers and Hammie will pull off making Lady Choe into a shrewd woman when historically, it's Lady Jang who has that image. But since it's supposed to be about Lady Jang, Lady Choe will be portrayed as one of the hindrance in the love of the King and Lady Jang.

I'm sure Hammie can pull off someone who's shrewd but maybe not evil. I'm putting my highest hopes on the director to help Ham flesh out her character well on screen. And her co-actors to make it work too.