[Hamtastic] Seungyeon Jang Ok-Jung , Live for Love Thread

So in order for Suk-Bin to become a consort, InHyeon would have to get exiled. That means Ok-Jeong would have need to scheme her way through. So, there's a chance that TaeHee will turn evil and SeungYeon will become more of the character that is written in history. But of course I have this feeling the writers will twist the truth a bit in favor of Ok-Jeong. I just hope they don't try to turn Suk-Bin's prayer for InHyeon's well-being in to some sort of ulterior motive. That would be just wrong.

But I must say, I like these type of dramas where you get to see the other side of the story. There's always two sides to every story and the villains are not always as evil as they seem, there's a reason why they do what they do and what and how it led them to do such things. Not every human is 100% pure and innocent or evil and malicious. It's like exploring the human conditions and the things we do to get what we want. Everyone has a good side and bad side.

I'm just really curious as to how this will all play out and still maintain the essence of what is written in history.

Since I don't really want to see Seungyeon in a 100% evil character...I hope Sok-Bin will be more an ambitious person but without bad motives. As for Ok-Jung...I think there is chance to see a character with kind heart but who will be used by others...probably her uncle...to get power. Which can explain why she is seen as evil by the public while in fact she is innocent. Moreover, I have read an article saying that the king will turn bad to protect his power.

I agree, human cannot be totally good or totally evil (reminds me with Jin-young's Demi Gods Semi Devils)

JOJ portrayed as protagonist here, a victim I may say while in Korean history she is the symbol of bad woman, still she's the victim of her own lust; received death sentence from her own king, how tragic is that..

would be interesting to see Sook-Bin turn into evil here while in previous Dong Yi drama, she's total innocent and only live for love to her king.. but she's always the smart one, they might be adding some slyness in this drama, like Seungyeon said; she's the manipulative one, like begging for king's love and will do whatever it takes to become a queen

549085_248309511981057_624754508_n.jpg533929_248309545314387_1138388418_n.jpgcr:soompi JOJ forum

Edited by rhe-c

• 2 weeks later...

It may be just me but the second photo looks scary LOL. I dunno like the joker from batman or something. Ahhh i have yet to see this drama but I think Im going to wait till all the subs are finished for this series~~ Too soon to say but im hoping seungyeon pursues her acting career more.

Edited by chobitssu

Kara′s Han Seung Yeon Burns with Passion Toward Her Role in ′Jang Ok Jung′

56995209.jpg
She never misses training her vocals and dancing as a singer, but now she′s also added on top of that preparations toward becoming a full-fledged actress.

On April 8, Han Seung Yeon made her first, brief appearance in a full-length drama piece, SBS′ Jang Ok Jung. She will continue to appear as a competitor who tries to win the love of Sook Jong (Yoo Ah In) in the following episodes.

Before her shoots, Han Seung Yeon has been burning with passion toward her new endeavour, receiving training for her acting almost every day. Though such prejudices have mostly died down, there are still many who consider idol-turned-actors to be a nuisance, and that is what Han Seung Yeon fights against.

A rep from Han Seung Yeon′s agency DSP Media told enews on April 19, "Even we′re surprised at how hard Han Seung Yeon has been working. Many people have been telling us about how she looked in the first episode of Jang Ok Jung. She knows she′s still lacking in many aspects, and so she′s working hard. She will try to meet expectations."

The rep added, "It′s her first appearance in a full-length piece but she′s a fast learner. You can definitely look forward to her appearance."

Han Seung Yeon will start to appear regularly in the drama from its 12th episode.
Edited by rhe-c

We are now at 8th episode...so in two weeks...we should finally be able to enjoy watching Ham.

But for now, I am really satisfy with the drama because the story is very interesting and the actors are doing good job.

omg..i want hammie kissing since gyuri will have 4 kissimh scene..make one for my hammie pliz..but i really confius did hammie will have son in joj???will she pregnant???the article said like that..she will have son be king??????anyone tell me...

..but i really confius did hammie will have son in joj???will she pregnant???the article said like that..she will have son be king??????anyone tell me...

Nobody really know what it gonna happen in this drama...I mean by that how the writters will lead the drama.

All I know is that in the real history...Choi Sukbin (Seungyeon's character) will become a 1st rank concubine after giving birth to a prince (Yeoning-geum). So it will makes her be the 3rd woman in line (in term of importance) after Queen Inhyeon and Jang Hui-bin (actual Jang Ok-Jung). Actually, Prince Yeoning-geum won't be crown prince but he will only become king under the name of 'King Yeongjo' after the death of his brother the 'King Gyeongjong' who is the son of Jang Hui-bin.

I hope it can help you a little more to understand....

Edited by Solin

I am now watching HAMtastic Seungyeon on a recording of Episode 1 on SBS One which just aired today in Singapore complete with chinese subtitles (our Asian friends should know) off Singapore's Starhub HubStation box (can record shows) so I'm now watching it while studying for university exams and watching the ever-so-hamtastic Guilty MV (and get my KARA love back on track.)

Hamster-like looks are more amplified when hair gets tied back in traditional Korean style. But dun have the evil glint just yet

Edited by zeluis

I feel like swapping my KBSWorld with SBS One, I want to watch her on a big screen too..

one more week for her next appearance :D

I also wondering what happened to hiddenaceday..?

myhanseungyeon.tumblr.com is also my daily doze for Seungyeon's update since hiddenaceday stopped updating; looks like the owner affiliate with HSY Chinese webpage

I feel like swapping my KBSWorld with SBS One, I want to watch her on a big screen too..

one more week for her next appearance :D

Putting what's showing in KBSWorld into perspective..

SBS Mon/Tue: So now episode 2 is explaining the childhood story of our main lead Kim Tae Hee and others. For us fans who have to wait for out Hammie to shine, it's an opportunity to multitask in front of the TV or start checking out the streaming sites

KBS Mon/Tue: Queen of Office got intermittent appearances of 2AM Jo Kwon, but the focus is on Oh Ji-Ho