[2013.03.18] Han Seungyeon Clarifies "I'm not a Gundam Mania, They are exaggerating my hobby"

yuda

136359747202114648b.jpg

Girl Group KARA Han Seungyeon came out and explained herself about being a Gundam mania.

Han Seungyeon wrote on her twitter account "is it a mistake? I'm not a gundam mania; i dont even watch everything; i dont know japanese voice actors well; it's not me.. it feels like someone just translate it as one pleases and it became big.."

So far Han Seungyeon was known as a Japanese animation mania and Gundam mania as a result of various animations that she have mentioned, comments about relations with voice actors, and also other various anecdotes from interviews that she have done during her activities in Japan. This rumor has somehow evolved and accepted as a fact.

Netizens who saw Han Seungyeon's explanation showed various comments "If she didn't explained it, they will continue to misunderstand", "It's just something that are talked a couple of time but it was blown out of proportion", "She must be upset looking at people taking conclusion like that"

Source: http://tvdaily.mk.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1363597472483330010

as they say, when word/rumor has been passed on to several people, sooner or later it'll become accepted as a fact... that's probably what happened to hammie.. though don't see anything wrong with beng told as anime mania.. lol XD

thanks curbow for sharing!

Even if this rumor is not really a big deal...I can understand why Seungyeon wants to clarify things.

Rumors are horrible because a small thing can take big proportion if people let things go by itself.

Liking animation as a pastime or interest is different from being a hardcore otaku. Well, if she didn't clarify the extent of her interest, more people may assume that she is an otaku who knows all anime, especially by the Japanese people.

Anyway, anyone knows what triggered all these gundam-related responses from KARA? Something big must have happened for all of them to tweet in response to gundam.

EEEEEEMMM she likes Gundam she doesn't like Gundam, does it even really make a difference. Why is this so blown out of proportion, gawd some people can be so lame. And as i understood some people were crybabies about her tweet as well saying she needs to cool down. What a sorry bunch of losers netizens can be.

This could be a mistranslation or misunderstanding by both the parties. Then again people can be curious sometimes and draw conclusion quickly especially if something is repeatedly said.

I hope whatever misunderstanding here is settled.

• 3 weeks later...