[2013.03.22] 'That Winter' PD Kim Gyu Tae to Meet Kara in a Five Episode Drama

The Real CZ

eGwpwNn.jpg

'Image Magician' PD Kim Gyu Tae has teamed up with Hallyu stars Kara.

Kim PD, behind the popular SBS drama 'That Winter, The Wind Blows' that is capturing the hearts of its viewers through its excellent picture quality and directing, has made it known that he's in the middle of preparing a drama for Kara and expectations are already mounting.

According to people related to the revenge drama (TWTWB), the drama will be in the form where each member is the heroine for one episode each, making it a five episode drama. They are in the process of bypassing the cable companies in order to have it aired on the main broadcasting networks. The plan is to air the drama in Korea first and Japan later. Kara's Park Gyuri, Goo Hara and Kang Jiyoung all have experience in acting, but this will be their first Korean drama where all of them appear together.

Kim Gyu Tae's agency, Republic Agency, stated "This five episode drama where each episode contains its own story is also an original attempt for the director. The Kara members are positively discussing their new attempt as actresses. The plan is to make it into an emotional, melodrama, though there are no concrete details that have been decided at this time."

Kim PD already has a reputation for his charming picture quality while trying various genres through projects such as 'Iris', 'The World That They Live In' and 'A Love To Kill'. Last year, he gained attention through the JTBC drama 'Padam Padam', which starred Jung Woo Sung and Han Ji Min, and is now receiving recognition for his sensible directing ability in 'That Winter, The Wind Blows'.

Source: http://news.sportsseoul.com/read/entertain/1158198.htm

Translation: The Real CZ @ Karaholic

Thank you for translating :)

Really looking forward to this, but I hope they portray characters that are not 'KARA' so we see their acting skills more. URAKARA was fun, but it would be great to have something more challenging and if done well would help improve their image as actors (we know there are a lot knetizens who are anti acting-dol).

Aww why only 5 episodes? :( Rather then separate the story for each member episode, they should combine the romance story of all the 5 members and do like the usual 16-20 episode drama. The story would be about the romance of 5 friends as they support and comfort each other. Imagine jing comforting a crying Hara or gyuri comforting a crying Jing......oh so touching <3.

Anyways I take what I can get and I appreciate it. at least my prayers for a Kara drama is answered and Im happy! :)

Edited by Deaththekid

i hope they really do it T~T

it'll be like tvxq's vacation or banjun drama eps omg hehe sorry it's just cos i really love that concept and i havent seen something like that from my bias groups (dsp groups) XD

Aww why only 5 episodes? :( Rather then separate the story for each member episode, they should combine the romance story of all the 5 members and do like the usual 16-20 episode drama. The story would be about the romance of 5 friends as they support and comfort each other. Imagine jing comforting a crying Hara or gyuri comforting a crying Jing......oh so touching <3.

Anyways I take what I can get and I appreciate it. at least my prayers for a Kara drama is answered and Im happy! :)

^ totally second this. It'd be better if all of them can be seen together in a full drama.

Nevertheless, if it is to be 5 episodes, one for each member, just like the animation one, I hope each episode is at least 1 hour. Half an hour is really too short to show any acting skills, or for any audience to get immersed in the story, if there is a good story that is.

That is a very good news for KARA ! Can't already wait to watch it !

They will maybe start a new trend of drama lol.

But most important...they will all be able to take part in a korean drama.

• 1 month later...