[2013.03.24] Goo Hara to Appear in 'Shark' as Kim Nam Gil's Younger Sister

The Real CZ

Cp5ri61.jpg

Kara's Goo Hara is starting her acting activities in earnest through KBS's new Monday-Tuesday drama 'Shark'.

According to broadcast representatives, Goo Hara is a strong candidate to be cast as Kim Nam Gil's younger sister in the new KBS Monday-Tuesday drama starring Kim Nam Gil and Son Ye Jin.

One broadcast representative reported to Maeil Business Star Today that "Goo Hara received an offer to appear in 'Shark' and even had a meeting with the production team. I know that she has orally decided to join" and "Seeing that her idol friends' acting activities are swelling up, there's already a lot of anticipation to see how Goo Hara has developed."

It's been two years since Goo Hara has appeared in 2011's 'City Hunter'. Goo Hara, who has been active on the music stage and in entertainment programs, returns to the TV screen with an upgraded appearance, so people are focused on whether she can show a new appearance as an actress.

Goo Hara's agency revealed that "Hara did receive an offer to appear in 'Shark' and is in the stage where she is having a meeting with the PD in charge" and "Although nothing is set in stone, she is positively reviewing her offer."

*unrelated news not translated*

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20130324n07443

Translation: The Real CZ @ Karaholic

Wonder what kind of drama "Shark" is?

And I hope she gets a bigger role than in the past more than a sidekick role as in City Hunter.

The plot is focused on a revenge! DSP loves putting Hara into revenge thriller dramas :P

I hope Hara will play her role well! ^^

Shark's plot: A man loses his father due to a woman's family. He loves the woman dearly. The man then is targeted by the woman's family to be killed. Now, the man changes his face and hides his true identity. He begins to take revenge on the woman's family, but he struggles between the desire for revenge and love. (taken from asianwiki)

Edited by naesarang

Shark's plot: A man loses his father due to a woman's family. He loves the woman dearly. The man then is targeted by the woman's family to be killed. Now, the man changes his face and hides his true identity. He begins to take revenge on the woman's family, but he struggles between the desire for revenge and love. (taken from asianwiki)

SOund interesting :gemnoway:

Taking revenge on the female lead's family is certainly quite fresh. sounds interesting....

so i guess this year, most of the girls are going to be focused on acting? i wonder if jing and cole are going to act later on too

but anywho, if hara does end up having the roll, i hope her character shows up more than in city hunter, even if that was a good drama haha

i can't help but think how tired she must be though..

Even with that little talk about the story, don't know what's her actual role, nor if it's a good character or a bad one.

So the conclusion is: if the role match her real character or something similar or even a little close so that she can adapt herself, maybe it will be a good idea, & if it's really good, we will be rooting for her. While if it's cheesy, bad or well, maybe... let's say, something similar, I think it will be better to give it a second thought.

Anyway, whatever her decision is, I think we have no other choice than rooting for her. So, HARA GO GO GOO!

The plot is focused on a revenge! DSP loves putting Hara into revenge thriller dramas :P

I hope Hara will play her role well! ^^

The plot is quite similar to City Hunter's. If Hara is really going to appear in the drama, then it means that I'll have 4 must watch dramas :w00t:

Thank you @The Real CZ for translating this news :)

• 8 months later...