[2009.02.16] Kara ranks #1 on Thailand TV Music Chart <Typhoon>

tinggg

auh3sm.jpg

Female group Kara is creating a wind in Thailand.

Kara was recently first place on Thai's AS TV's Asia Pop Chart. Kara's management DSP Entertainment said, "Kara didn't have a chance to promote in Thailand, so we suppose it just happened naturally. The fact that they were able to get first place in Thailand without even being 1st within Korea made the members very happy."

In Thailand, Kara's online popularity is even hotter. Thai fans rewatch performances of <Rock U> and <Pretty Girl> on websites such as YouTube.

A male Thai student even filmed himself doing the exact moves to <Pretty Girl> and submitted them to Korea's UCC Site.

Kara's beginning to gain presence in other Asian markets like Thailand. DSP said, "Proposals for promotions abroad have been steadily coming in since the end of the last year. After finishing promotions in Korea, we'll discuss plans for the rest of Asia."

Kara has recently begun promotions of their follow-up song <Honey>, from their 2nd mini album <Pretty Girl>.

Link: http://news.hankooki.com/lpage/sports/2009...07053191990.htm

Tip-Off: Anne

Translated by: Tinggg @ KARAholic.com

Take out with full credits when redistributing. Do not add in or remove anything else.

watch the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epqrim-tmjw

credit: withkara @ youtube

THANKS TINGGG AND ANNE! (:

omg first place in Thailand! that's AWESOME (:

woah haha that's really great.

i think they should hold off with promoting there until later, though.

Pretty Girl's their first really big hit, and I don't want them to rush things.

but ah! this is so exciting. lol.

I've realised that Thailand's really into Kpop eh?

Anyhow, that's awesome ^O^

FIRST IN THAILAND~~~

Now for first in Korea!!!

Ohhh. I hope they promote abroad. That would be cool.

But I think I'd like them to get first in Korea first XD

Thanks tinggg and anne (:

now they just need to reach number 1 in korea yea?

THANK YOU tinggg :lol:

_______________-

am i allowed to do this?

FIRST!

i just really wanted to do that...

i got my wish come true so i am done ^___^

you crack me up...but yes #1 in korea!! whoo hoo

i'll try to remember to thank you on your articles hahahaha you emo boy :P

They must be so happy to reach 1st place in Thailand and moreover without any promotion.

The article mention some possible discussion for asia after their promotion in Korea.

Does it mean they may have chance to debut oversea ? I'm so happy for them.

But I think they really should get n

it's a bit surprise me that korean press is consider the position of KARA in Thailand :lol:

hehe hope they'll come to Thailand very soon Muahwahahahahaha

glad that at least KARA knows that Thai fan are supporting them

after hits no.1 in my country, Hits the no.1 on Korean Chart now! KARA! It's KARA Period nowwwww~~

Wheeeeeee~!

Yes I also hope Kara reaches no. 1 in Korea first before proceeding to promotions overseas...XD

But its also nice to see that they gain attention of people in Thailand even though they aren't offically promoting there...XD

You could see from the response on how well they receive Kara and their songs...XD

Thank you very much for the translations Tinggg onni and for the source Anne onni ^^

Wow the girls must feel so proud!!!! I'm so happy for them :) Even though it's Thailand, it's still a number 1 spot! Plus, they haven't even traveled to other countries for promotions at all.

I hope they stay and promote in Korea so that they'll have a solid fan base there and THEN travel to other countries :)

great news!! i love how most things that happen are totally unexpected :lol:

who would've guessed KARA would be number 1 in Thailand first than Korea...

it wasn't that bad in Korea for Pretty Girl.... number 2? lol...

i love how laid back DSP's statement sounded lol..

i'd hope they'd be more excited but i'm sure they didn't want to sound overly excited :D

i think now that KARA has had a taste of popularity and seeing interest

from all the other countries.. DSP is already drawing up plans

just look at ss501... i think we can already tell what's going to happen with KARA..

in some ways it seems like the other countries might be more interested in KARA .. XD

thanks tinggg and anne :D

So happy to hear this!!! Though somehow I`m not absolutely surprised bcos just judge from the withkara forum we know Kamilia from Thailand is quite a big community :D yeah its likely that we can predict DSP`s coming for KARA. But I hope it would not happen too quickly =X as I still prefer them to achieve more successes in Korea first before going abroad, like SS501. Plus I don`t expect a long hiatus of their activities in Korea TT TT

Thanks tinggg & anne <33

I can't help but say that this is not surprising. Once you are popular, there will always be fans in Thailand. It is kind of weird since the fans of Korean entertainment is insane over there. It got to the point that there were news clips of how parents are forced to follow their children to concerts and such because their child(ren) is no longer under their control T.T Talk about bad parenting. Those from Thailand admit it themselves though. They say Korea is the trend there and any group is welcomed there O__o

Anyway, it's glad to know what they became #1 in Thailand when there are so many artists who are up and running for the first spot over there! =)