Official KARA Secret LOVE 2013 The Mini Series Thread

edr49890

I've been dying to do this but I've been waiting for the whole episodes to be aired (and until I finish watching all  of them). Unfortunately I've been really busy and I get lazy whenever I get to this thread. T_T

Anyway...here's my review of Secret Love Mini Drama Series. THIS IS BASICALLY MY VERY OWN OPINION, IF YOU DISAGREE I WELCOME YOUR OPINION OR ARGUMENT BUT DO NOT GET ANGRY AT ME. THANK YOU :gemheart:
Poll Time~!  

The best acting skills.
1. Nicole 2. Jiyoung 3. Hara

Favourite Couple ^^  
1. Gyuri <3 Ji Chang Wook 2. Seungyeon <3 Yun Woo Jin 3. Hara <3 Kim Young Kwang

Favorite storyline (like from beginning to the end)  
1. 7 days of summer 2. Lilac 3. Have you ever had coffee with an angel

Favourite plot twist

1. Lilac 2. I Miss You (the rest were predictable...)  
Favorite ending

1. 13th Bucket List 2. Have you ever had coffee with an angel 3. Lilac   
Finally - My favorite episode goes to Hara's episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love it so much, it was truly heartwarming. I could not stop laughing, the story line was great, each scene was interesting and Hara's acting skills was perfect. She was just perfect for the role.
Next in line is Nicole and Gyuri.  
I enjoyed the whole series, I wish it went longer. Many said their favourite was Jiyoung's. I would have agreed to it just because of the plot twist. Even though I have read the synopsis but the editing and directing skills was just absolutely amazing that I did not see it coming at all. However, it had a really slow beginning that I got bored a few times and also confused. Jiyoung's acting was good, it was flawless...but it was not my favorite because I've always known she's good and talented in acting after seeing her in Rainbow Rose so there was not much surprise from her. My favorite scene was when she asked him what was his wish and he said that he wished she could stop hearing his voice. And another scene where she found out Lilac meant first love. My heart dropped when I saw that scene. WHY? Finally I knew why the episode was called Lilac.  :gloomy: And the fact that she cannot remember her first love was also why.  
Nicole's acting though  :touched: I must say it was excellent. I was surprised at how much her acting skills had improve and she made me cry a river (but I must say mostly due to the story line and the father). Nevertheless, she did not fail to make me laugh and touched at several scenes. Her acting was believable, I felt like she was pouring out real feelings and she truly did bring out the character into life. Love it but it was not my favorite episode because I could see the ending and I must say the story had strong emphasis on the father-daughter relationship that the secret love between her and Kwangsoo was just something that got dragged along into the episode. My favorite scene was when she found out that her father was the magician.  
Gyuri's episode is almost like Jiyoung's episode, it was really slow at the start. Even though there was some funny scenes at the start but I felt like it did not suit Gyuri's image at all. Gyuri may have clumsy personality in real life but I always see as having a strong and charismatic image hence when she played a dorky and clumsy character, I felt like it was just so wrong. I'm not saying she can't act but I just think the character is just not right for her. Nevertheless, I love the ending. ^_^ My favorite scene was when the angel returned back to life after drowning and then he held her to tell her I'm back.  :OCZgm: that scene made me want to scream.  
Seungyeon's episode was my least favorite because I wish they could tell me what happens after  :scared: I am just so curious..Also another reason is because just like what I thought of Gyuri's episode, I felt the same for Seungyeon, the character did not fit her. I don't know why!? Her acting skills was good, especially when she smiles during the time she returned to the past. That moment, I felt her acting, her smile showing she might seem happy but deep down inside she's crying. Among other times was when they were having the date in the park but as for the rest I couldn't feel it much. I don't know why.  :unsure: I prefer her to be a cute and innocent girl rather than a girl who is matured and professional but is a fool in love then learned it later in life how to be mature in love as well. However, I still did enjoy it. I have two favorite scenes from this episode, first the scene where they kissed goodbye, it was just so sad! They confessed to one another and the guy knew he could not meet the girl for a while and when they meet again she won't  remember him, then the girl could not do much but to tell him not to fall in love with her yet.  :touched:      

Edited by Mockingjay
  • Like 3

after watching all 5 episodes, this is my poll ranking based on the drama..

Best Acting:
1. Jiyoung - she looks the most natural. i like her expressions.
2. Gyuri - stalker, obsessive, clumsy... who would've thought she could act like this? :)
3. Nicole - she's acting as herself. not awkward.

Best Story:
1. Seungyeon - time-travel (my fav). the saddest. unexpected ending.
2. Gyuri/Hara - cute, sweet and romantic...
3. Jiyoung - a bit slow & confusing but has unexpected plot twist..

Best On-screen Chemistry:
1. Gyuri-Ji Changwook
2. Hara-Kim Youngkwang
3. Nicole-Kwangsoo

Best kiss scene:
1. Nicole-Kwangsoo
2. Gyuri-Changwook
3. Hara-Youngkwang

Best crying scene:
1. Jiyoung
2. Nicole
3. Seungyeon

Best ending:
1. Hara
2. Gyuri
3. Seungyeon

Personal favourite (overall):
1. Gyuri
2. Seungyeon
3. Jiyoung/Hara

so.. that's it.
pls note that i'm not the expert to judge anyone's acting skills.
this is purely based on my own preference ^^
:energetic:

Edited by haniey
  • Like 2

just finished watching all of the episodes this morning,

But sorry, I can't make the ranks, I rarely watch any drama. I watched this because KARA. Hehe

For seungyeon's episode : the timeline can't synchronize with my brain. gyahaha. i wrote in a piece of paper to understand it. But I confused when she is go back from the time machine, she's forget about her boyfriend too?

for Nicole's episode : I don't get the loveline between nicole and kwangsoo. Am I missing something? The ending is sad. And she's so tempered there. Missing her original image in real life. Usually she's really energetic, smiling, laughing, her tongue :P . Okay I understand this is drama.

1 Hour is too short for me. Even variety show like running man can be 1h 40m.

90-120 minutes may make the stories more detail and more easy to understand (my brain isn't synchronized, sometimes I paused and figure it first)

Anyway, Thank You to Seungyeon, Hara, Jiyoung, Nicole, Gyuri, Directors, TV Staff, and others that made this drama episodes.

• Like 1

just finished watching all of the episodes this morning,  

But sorry, I can't make the ranks, I rarely watch any drama. I watched this because KARA. Hehe

For seungyeon's episode : the timeline can't synchronize with my brain. gyahaha. i wrote in a piece of paper to understand it. But I confused when she is go back from the time machine, she's forget about her boyfriend too?  

for Nicole's episode : I don't get the loveline between nicole and kwangsoo. Am I missing something? The ending is sad. And she's so tempered there. Missing her original image in real life. Usually she's really energetic, smiling, laughing, her tongue :P . Okay I understand this is drama.  

1 Hour is too short for me. Even variety show like running man can be 1h 40m.

90-120 minutes may make the stories more detail and more easy to understand (my brain isn't synchronized, sometimes I paused and figure it first)  

Anyway, Thank You to Seungyeon, Hara, Jiyoung, Nicole, Gyuri, Directors, TV Staff, and others that made this drama episodes.

oh, probably because you watched the dramacube version... dramacube cut most of the scenes to fit 1-hour period.

maybe you should watch from dramafever. they aired the full version (1 hour 30 minutes)

go to Master Asakura Hao II channel on Youtube to watch it with engsub. (for Jiyoung, Nicole, Gyuri episodes)

or BryanOng78 channel for Seungyeon and Hara episodes

• Like 2

oh, probably because you watched the dramacube version... dramacube cut most of the scenes to fit 1-hour period.

maybe you should watch from dramafever. they aired the full version (1 hour 30 minutes)

go to Master Asakura Hao II channel on Youtube to watch it with engsub. (for Jiyoung, Nicole, Gyuri episodes)

ahhh, yes, I watched the shorter version for Seungyeon and Hara. I don't know if they cut some part of the video...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

thx for the info.. 

btw, seungyeon's story is a bit too heavy for a love story.. (for me)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have yet to watch Nicole and Gyuri's episodes but just finished Seungyeon's and previously watched Hara's and Jing's!! I'm late i know, lol :-P maknae's one was pretty boring for me or rather, it was pretty hard to understand. I liked Seungyeon's and Hara's though. Seungyeon's story was really creative while Hara's was really funny yet touching i really laughed very hard!! 

• 6 months later...

Reviving an old thread. Just got into Secret Love lately and i got to JiYoungs so far! Seung Yeons was very powerful and very sad! :( Made me cry along! Hara's on the other hand have some funny in it but also a very touching episode! Next is JiYoung's a bit confused on where it was going but the guy was dead for 6 months? And Jiyoung has awaken from a coma? Sorry to spoil but i had to share! So onto Nicoles and Gyuri's very soon! Love me some Kdrama!

• Like 1