[2009.02.18] KARA sheds cute image and is creating a whirlwind in music charts

coffeebeanie

2009020907295910021arircs9.jpg

Shedding of their <Pretty Girl> image, KARA is starting to create a whirlwind.

KARA started their promotional activities for their follow-up single to <Pretty Girl>, <Honey>. At the moment, <Honey> is ranked either 2nd or 3rd in various music charts, revealing that they are a force to be reckoned with. They released the song amidst Girls Generations' <Gee> and SS501's <Because my head is bad>, representative of Korea's popular icons Girls Generation and Boys over Flowers. Standing strong, they revealed a strong showing that should not be taken lightly.

Moreover, ever since changing from their signature bright and lively to a pure and womanly concept, they have been attracting more and more people. The KARA member's pure and womanly image goes well with the sorrowful yet rhythmic melody of <Honey>.

With the strong showing of KARA, the number one rank does not seem far away. KARA has never won the number 1 spot ever since debuting in the year 2007. In that same year, Wonder Girls and Girls Generation dominated the idol girl groups, giving an impression that KARA has been pushed out of the way. However, to the surprise of many, they were able to release a hit on December 2008, <Pretty Girl>. Unfortunately, this song failed to reach the top as it faced tough competitors, Baek Jiyoung's <Like being hit by a bullet> and Girls Generations <Gee>.

KARA also released a special edition of their second mini-album <Pretty Girl>, which contains the rearranged version of <Honey>. As explained by their management compant, the song is an addicting track, with sorrowful lyrics and electronic beats.

source: NEWSEN LINK thanks to mae :D

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

Edited by coffeebeanie

waaah. i'm totally happy for the Kara. LOL. and im happy to be Kamilians since Kara never dissapointed me too. thanks for translating and sharing. love you guys! XD i really, MAJORLY hope that kara reach the number one spot! KARA KARA KARA KARA KARA!

Edited by tikka

I also hope Kara reach the number 1 spot with Honey...

Its nice to see and know it is gathering a lot of attention...XD

And people liking their new concept as well...

Kara is very flexible, they can adjust to different types of image ^^

Thank you for the translations Tin onni and for the news source Mae onni ^^

KARA is like a chameleon xD They're so amazing. I mean, they're able to nail this concept <3

A lot of people are liking this new concept, and wow, DSP's doing well xD

And I've read that only Kara's the only group who sticks to the `90s image of girl groups

which a lot of people really love <33

LOL so having said that, I really hope that they'll get the top spot.

It's long overdue T___T

Thanks for the news~:3

Edited by AnnLovesKara

kara will be No.1 this time.. honey is a great song..

I believe in them !! ^^

fightingg

Yeah, Pretty Girl jumped the charts like that. But they

Were so so so close! OMG i remember clicking on the

Soompi page to see if they've gotten no.1 but instead,

They remained 2nd. But oh well, they got in the top 5 :D

Hopefully Honey will become no.1, when they get no.1,

It's going to be an exciting day for all their fans and them-

Selves!