[2009.02.19] People criticize Nicole for acting like she can't speak Korean. “I am frustrated too”.

hopelesshong

its a bit stupid to act like you cant speak a language very well, but in fact you do. In this case NICOLE CAN'T SPEAK KOREAN WELL AND IS NOT ACTING!, you can see her true honest smiles and red faces whenever she makes a mistake, and no im not saying this as a fan, im saying this as an observer... I hate it when people criticize such things..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plus it's not like Nicole's personality to "fake" things :thumbup:

she has no motive to do so anyway.. she doesn't try to be cute or anything usually..

this only her 3rd solo article.. 2 of them have been about this Korean thing :(....

i don't think it's a big deal but i guess the fact that anyone questioned her at all

is making some sort of news..

i also saw some people that questioned whether she came up with these clues

but it's Nicole.. she's a little odd.. thinks a bit differently and she herself said she

knows she's weird lol.. not much of stretch right? lol

If Nicole was acting, I am sure those who are close to her would have told her to stop faking it.

It is not surprising that her Korean isn't that good, considering how it is not her first language ~

No matter how long you stay, you are always a bit behind in communicating in a new language.

Words and its meaning is constantly changing, so trying to learn everything at once is difficult.

I am sure it is not like Nicole is not trying her best to learn as many words as she can T.T

Seriously, netizens should ask themselves if they know another language perfectly after studying it.

Common, even in your own home country, there are always new terms and difficult ones you don't know.

So if that's the case with those from their own country, then what can you expect from "foreigners?".

Not being able to express yourself fully is not fun at all - I know how it feels myself!

You can see clearly Nicole trying hard to say things, but people doesn't understand her in SGB. Sometimes, this korean netizens can be so picky and ridiculous. Why on earth would Nicole fake about this? She's not trying to seem cute by not knowing the language. If these people know about Nicole, they would know that it's not a long time that she's learning the language.

The best part of SGB is Nicole's part. I laugh so much. Nicole is just being Nicole. It's hard for a person when the others don't understand you well. And now doubting on her korean knowledge? It's too much, really. Why can't netizens just enjoy the show?

One clue that I loved that Nicole made was about the movie good, bad and weird XD

Edited by Nanda

Aww, poor Nicole. It's ok, we know your korean

isn't as great as others. And i agree, i never watch

SGB anymore. I mean i used to love the english

Speed game and other stuff but now they have

These weird games and stuff. I only watch the cuts

With Nicole and when my favorite artists come on.

Oh wow.

netizens must be bored.

how can you even pick on something like that?

Nicole speaks korean decently enough, she just talks fast & can't find words to describe how she is atm.

And faking it? Gosh. Pretending to not know the language of the country you're living in is actually insanely difficult, because otherwise, you can't communicate.

If Nicole was acting, I am sure those who are close to her would have told her to stop faking it.

It is not surprising that her Korean isn't that good, considering how it is not her first language ~

i agree.

thanks peter(:

Woow, there are people who think she's faking?

I just read about this, and i think it's pretty lame if you ask me.

Personally, it doesn't really matter if she's not very good at korean or not,

Cause in the end, she's still has a segment in SGB.

And honestly, her segment is probably the only part i really enjoy.

she had the same problem with SNSD's Tiffany... they sometimes can't pronounce a word clearly...

but Netizens should not be harsh, Maknae Cole is discourage.... I know she will still improve..

thanks for sharing... I still love Maknae Cole..

It's pretty impossible to fake being bad at a language isn't it? And anyway, I think Nicole would rather be known for speaking Korean well even though she was brought up in America rather than being infamous for speaking terrible Korean.

Nicole is getting so popular, people are trying to bring her down~ :thumbup:

it is hard to speak a language you dont speck often half your life. those critics probably never experience the feeling of speaking a language you hadnt spoken for a very long time, the frustration is big and why would someone as pure and lively as nicole wants to fake this mistakes just to gain attention when just her personality alone is enough to attract many.

• 4 weeks later...