金 **4,586 *11,836 *30,024 **4,592 **5,933 ***,***
土 **5,330 *11,217 *37,357 **3,576 **5,588 ***,***
日 **4,114 ***,*** *36,449 ***,*** ***,*** ***,***
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
計 *47,938 *78,282 259,602 *40,351 *62,614 *20,081
周 *50,666 107,403 275,206 *47,553 *73,224 ***,***
累 218,652 448,635 746,681 *71,328 122,352 ***,***

^

YES Worst sales... but not surprising ...There's no Hype for this album ..i mean no promotion and what so ever like before..but yes..no excesses hoping for the best  

1m3s.jpg

jdmm.jpg

3iz1.jpg

Edited by edr49890
  • Like 1

I really hate their Japan label >.< with the right promotion, the album could be really successful T.T

hehe if you read my post..before ..i keep asking why no hype for this album ..right?..

just

• KARA truck
  • KARA Magazine interview
  • KARA recorded shows
  • NO billboard

but yeah still no excuses ....Lets hope for the best

• Like 2

I'm digging Endless Night, the beat is so fun :)

And about the sales, apart from lack of hype, promotion, and super-close release cycle (they released new stuff just a month ago), I personally think everyone, even including J-Kamilias, is anticipating the Korean comeback much, much, much more.. I know I am  :gemhappy:

All the buzz, the news, the tweets, the curiosity, are about their Korean comeback, like the news about Full Bloom is #1on Tower Records preorder.. and with the release date is just one week apart, they probably save money or something..

• Like 1

Well, their Korean comeback is getting some huge hype. They are setting it up perfectly, promoting it like crazy. That comeback will be huge, thanks to the fact that they haven't had Korean releases in a while. They just had Japanese releases, and their fourth album is coming out a little early. I feel like DSP is trying to get everything out before the girls get busy with their second Japanese tour (happening when the Japanese album's usually get released). That or they are trying (or tried) to get the most out of the girls this year before the first contract expires. Either way, everything is coming out at a super fast rate... 

• Like 1

Although there is no magnificent surprises in Fantastic Girls, I like the songs. For one, I don't find any song that I don't want to listen to (I admit, I never liked Electric Boy except when KARA's performing it).

They used different composers from Japanese to Korean, giving different sounds to the album. Even Isogai's two songs Bye Bye Happy Days and Ichiban ni Watashio Dakishimete do not sound alike. Rescue Me was composed by a JYP composer; Pop Star was composed by SME composers. Promise was composed by a Japanese-Korean composer and a Swedish composer, both of whom are top composers in Japan.

• Like 1

Most people seem to like "Pop Star" or "Promise" but I really enjoyed "Rescue Me", it has a different sound to it.  

I had no idea they used so many different composers.

Those are probably my favorite 3 tracks on the album.

Here is my thought, though a lot of us say that sales doesn't matter (all we need to do is just enjoy the releases), I agree but at the end of the day numbers still linger somewhere in our mind. This is a good example of "too much too soon" or "too much of a good thing." It seems to me that their seems to be a lack of communication between UMJ and DSP, two full album releases that coincide within each other? Isn't that a bit of a bad marketing choice on their part? The promotional cycle are clashing. It's like we're getting mixed messaging. In Japan we have innocent, cute, feminine image that Kara promotes and then suddenly at the same time in Korea they have a strong, fierce, womanly concept. It wouldn't be bad if it was at different times like with Pandora and Girls Forever but having it at the same time can be a bit of a confusion for fans and possible new fans to follow, it's like "who is Kara, really?". And as of right now it seems to me that their Korean comeback is overshadowing their Japanese promotions. UMJ might be in charge of their Japanese releases and DSP needs to concentrate on Korea but I would think some say should be made about the release date. And looking at the decline of the albums one after another, I would think they would learn their lesson, everything just seems so rushed each time. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes but there seems to be some issues that needs to be sorted out. Again just my thoughts on this situation.

• Like 1

^

Things I think to consider:

(1) UMJ contract most likely include a clause for releasing 1 full album per year.

(2) KARA stated that they will perform the new songs on their tour, so they need it released before the start of the tour.

(3) KARA's Japanese albums hardly ever have any massive promotion to worry about it being released closely to the Korean release (in terms of KARA's schedule).

But...

(4) Kamilia budget is limited: per member cover for TYSL, DVD releases, events where KARA is slated, KARASIA ticket purchase, Korean comeback (some JKamilia flies to Korea for this).

And still:

(5) Although the sales are not as high as before, UMJ is not in the red with KARA. They are profiting, to them it is not a loss even with the strategy they are employing.

I, personally, actually like the contrast between Japanese Kara and Korean Kara.  When I feel like super cutesy and girly Kara, I watch/listen to their Japanese stuff.  When I feel like sexy and womanly Kara, I watch/listen to their Korean stuff.  As a Kamilia, it's actually a great thing for me lol.  It's like Kara is giving me everything in one package.  In a way, it keeps my attention on Kara more, rather than finding interests in other girl groups cause they offer everything.

I've never been one to have problems with a group having to have a certain image.  I think when it comes to the music, I like that they try and do different concepts.  I watch varieties if I wanted to know who Kara really was. 

• Like 1

UMJ is clearly aware of KARA's selling power or they wouldn't keep on releasing too many things in such a short period of time. They know that they can release anything with KARA's name on it and it's going to sell. They've milked and still milking fans to their limits, seriously. I don't like it but it's business. I only hope that the girls receive much from those sales because they deserve it.

Promotion wise "Fantastic Girls" has obviously been lacking.. UMJ used magazine, recorded shows, tracks only. It needed more attention, more hype because it's a good album and I liked it way more than I expected. Especially Please embrace me first, Promise, Pop Star. It should've definitely come out later, at least after Full Bloom which is obviously being a priority for DSP, Kara and even the fans.

What I think is that they probably weren't aiming for it to sell too much, but it was more of a "We need new songs for the upcoming Arena Tour".. so, yeah. ^^

I used to be very supportive of UMJ's way of promoting Kara but they've been declining in terms of promotions.. added to the obvious problem of milking us too much. The previous time I wished for Kara to re-sign with UMJ, this time I'm not sure anymore. I expected them to learn their lesson since last year but nothing has changed. Mm.. I don't know, maybe it's not only UMJ but also the the industry in general that is making things difficult for Kpop artist.. who knows. Sorry for the rant, it's only that Fantastic Girls deserved better.

• Like 1

I don't know what i am talking about 

If KARA 2nd Japanese Tour are successful ...

KARA can Sells More Cd's During Touring and that's More profitable ..If its Direct sales comes from UMJ ..not from Store...But its Under the table SALES Number and Merchandise ..also...  

Just HOPING for the BEST....

Actually UMJ Doing THEIR BEST for KARA... its just that...UMJ can't go against Government and the whole JAPAN..so the Promotion always limited ..Remember there's Galileo Appearance ..Some Special Event..etc etc.. all companies wants their product to sell well and Do all kind of Promotion..but the Current Japan now ..its impossible for KARA and UMJ...

Edited by edr49890
  • Like 1

KARA, CNBLUE & B1A4 land at the top 3 on Oricon charts on the day of their releases

1m3s.jpg

K-pop artists have landed at the top of the Oricon charts! KARA, CNBLUE & B1A4 all made a comeback in Japan on the 28th and ranked in the top 3.

CNBLUE's second full-length Japanese album 'What Turns You On?' charted at #2 on the Oricon Daily Album Chart, selling 26,921 copies on the day of its release on the 28th. KARA's fourth full-length Japanese album 'Fantastic Girls' trailed behind at #3 with 20,081 copies sold, while B1A4's third Japanese single 'What's Going On?' landed at #3 on the Oricon Daily Single Chart with 25,705 copies sold.

If you're wondering what they're up to, CNBLUE are continuing their 'Blue Moon World Tour' next month, B1A4 are currently busy with 'B1A4 Live Tour in Japan', and KARA will be returning with 'Full Bloom' soon.

@allkpop
  • Like 1

I also agree that there have been too many releases close to each other. But I wouldn't say they are killing KARA in Japan, because they still have tons of merchandise that and live-shows that always get sold-out. That's a big profit right there. I guess all I can say is I hope the album sales improve come 2nd tour...

• Like 1