[2009.02.23] Lee Hyori, Idol Groups' "Sister-Long-Legs"?

tinggg

207a01e4e2ecc0_full.jpg

Singer Hyori has become the "sister-long-legs" of popular idol groups. But that is not meant literally in that she has long legs, but refers to the saying "daddy-long-legs" which refers to a person that helps you out in secret. Her actions of helping out idol groups has thus earned her the title "sister-long-legs."

Hyroi visited Seoul's Olympic Park on the 22nd. That day idol group DBSK was holding The 3rd Asia Tour Concert - Mirotic. That day Hyori was there cheering on the group. Hyori was also at idol group Big Bang's concert from 1/30-2/1 in Seoul's Olympic Park. Hyori stars on SBS's "Family Outing" with Big Bang's Daesung, and is also close to the other members due to gayo performances. Thus she visited the performance to cheer on her close friends from Big Bang.

Hyori is also close to SS501 since they were once part of the same company. While they were still trainees, she gave them a lot of advice and looked after them like a real sister.

But of course this doesn't only apply to boy bands. It's been known that from time-to-time Hyori will also send encouraging messages to girl group Kara.

Hyori first entered the music world 11 years ago as a member of popular group "Fin.K.L". "Hyori was once part of a girl idol group herself, so she knows the struggles and worries of them better than anyone. It's her personality to share her experiences with everyone."

Link: http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...1&outlink=1
Tip-Off: Mae
Translated by: Tinggg @ KARAholic.com
Redistribute with full credits. Do not add or remove the credit line.

Hyori is seriously Jjang! I think she's the only one who has been looking our for Kara ever since from their debut till now. and probably because she knows how DSP is when it comes to dealing with girl groups and also, the tough competition to survive.

i wonder if Kara attended her concert too. lol. i think, they might have no? lol

thanks ting! :D

thanks tinggg :D

i kinda suspected she was a quiet supporter of KARA lol..

she also talked about how she got the Rock U album last year :D

hopefully they become closer with her.. knowing how much the girls admire and respect her

and i bet she has tons of advice to give them :D

Such a cute and nice article...

Hyori sure have been encouraging and supporting Kara in her own way...XD

It might not be seen by most people but I know she really takes good care of her hoobaes ^^

Thank you for the translations Tinggg onni and for the source Mae onni ^^

hyori is just <33 :P

she never forgets DSP :huh: keke ^^

ugotta<3her :)

Nice article. Hyori has always openly showed her love for the young boy bands. haha

When it came to the girl idol groups, she always jokingly teased them. haha Like on shows such as Family Outing and such. But I think we all knew that she was a silent supporter. I presume especially in that industry, the females tend to give out good advice to the younger ones. When you're a girl in that type of career, I feel it's a little more difficult with the pressure of maintaining an image (especially with weight and such).

I mentioned this in the chatbox, but I felt that it's worth repeating here.

The first time Hyori collaborated with Kara (Break It/Toc Toc Toc), Kara totally brought their A game with them. During "normal" live performances, Nicole would sometimes be a little off pitch, Seungyeon would sometimes be too quiet, Gyuri would sometimes be a little squeaky at times, and Sunghee would sometimes lack power in her voice. But once Hyori was performing with them, goodness, I had never honestly heard all four of them sound that good. Everything was seriously on the mark.

There's a theory out there that says people perform better when someone else is watching them (in effect, Hyori was 'watching' them while performing with them), and I guess Hyori gives off that effect not just to Kara, but to other groups as well. Which is kinda cool.

Ooh I loved Daddy-Long-Legs when I was a kid XD

I've always loved that Hyori took care of her Kara hoobaes (:

She's like such a supercool singer sunbae to have ^^

Thanks for the translations tinggg and mae.

hehhe that proves that Hyori Unnie is very very nice and supportive... she's also not choosy at all...

hehhe I'm pretty sure she loves Kara hahaha!

anyways, thanks... (it would be nice if a Kara member would be a guest on FO)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...