[2009.02.26] Kara Han Seung Yeon will take one year break from her studies,

hopelesshong

This news article surprised me.

Anyhow, putting entertainment business over studies doesn't feel wise imo.

But I understand where Seungyeon's coming from. It probably is for the best.

Instead of juggling both whereby she would end up not being able to give her best.

And possibly putting her health at risk too. I'm ever so scared of her being overworked.

So yeah. Wish her all the best.

Let 2009 be Kara's year ^O^

Thanks for the translations Peter, and Mae.

This news article surprised me.

Anyhow, putting entertainment business over studies doesn't feel wise imo.

But I understand where Seungyeon's coming from. It probably is for the best.

Instead of juggling both whereby she would end up not being able to give her best.

And possibly putting her health at risk too. I'm ever so scared of her being overworked.

So yeah. Wish her all the best.

Let 2009 be Kara's year ^O^

Thanks for the translations Peter, and Mae.

Well, I think you can defer studies as long as it's for a good reason, and continue from where you left off at a later time...but the entertainment industry waits for no one.

Edited by KARAokeing

hmm i'm sure SeungYeon wouldn't do this unless she was really serious and thought about it... good luck :D

i'm wondering about Gyuri though.. i mean i hope she's not expected to not be busy for 2009 either right? lol..

not that i want both of them to not go but what about Gyuri? lol

really.. ?? oh..*shocked*

its good to focus just on 1 think i guess..

ah well i respect her decision..

SeungYeon Unnie !! FIGHTING !!

Woots as usual seungyeon always being a brave girl that know what she want to do, and she do it without any hesitation.. Love this side of her..

And agree with girlii, its better focusing on one thing for a greater result than doing two thing in a row but doesnt gave a credible result for both of it...

I think her decision to take a break was quite reasonable, maybe she just want to make KARA's way to the top become bigger cause this is the moment where people gaining more interest on KARA.. and they dont want to waste this oppurTunity..

Wish all the best for her and KARA... bring 2009 as our girls year... Amen...

Ah, smart idea.

As much as I'd like her to continue with school and handle work at the same time (as a lot of other artists are doing), I don't want her to overwork and collapse and stay at the hospital for days.

Health > work.

lol. But SY has super potential (:

she's kind of like the "face" of KARA, since she's like everywhere (:

i hope 2009 is successful for her :)

I think this was a smart decision on her part. SY's pretty much (for now) the busiest member of Kara and is only going to get many more jobs in the future. I know many other celebs juggle their studies and activities well, but I would do the same as SY.

i understand where she is coming from..

it is very hard to do two things at once so the best option is to choose one.

seungyeon is a smart girl.. 2009 is a very important year for kara

so now she can just concentrate on kara.. and nothing else.

I'm sure she's thought about this quite thoroughly. She knows her capabilities better than anybody else, so she probably felt that she couldn't handle doing both at the same time.

College will always be there...so she can go back when things die down. But she also needs to keep in mind to not take too long of a break. The older you are, the harder it is.

i realy hope that this year is the KARA's year.

2009! kara!

i hope that when they do achieve this number 1 spot. even if it is once. it would be the greatest achievement and a little less of weight on her shoulders when she do return back to school.

it's good that she have such strong determination, i've been watching a lot of self-cam and i start to worry that she will be overwork (school + Kara) and get sick (she always said that she is sleepy haha). I think it is great that she focusing on pursuing her dream :D

I`m surprised for a second but then.. wow I dont take this as a unwise decision. KARA is having their busiest period ever, w Seungyeon`s tight schedule, this just helps her not to get overworked. well for sure she`s not the busiest student-star in the industry but she more than anyone knows her withstanding. she must have thoroughly considered before making this big decision. plus you know her history of studying right, such a person usually appears to be quite a perfectionist. i dont think she wants to handle well both things but to perform excellently in both =)

p.s : everything i say above about how Seungyeon is doesn`t mean other girls are not like that, but this article is about Seungyeon, okay? (;

haejin, lol i know.

Wow, our ham! o.o

I'm really impressed that she will make this decision.

I'm guess it's really hard to be a student and singer at the same time,

that's why she wants to take a break from studies first.

I'm wishing seungyeonnie all the best in her music career!

& hope she will return to her studies and give in her best after the break (:

this is really good because she can concentrate more!

I support seungyeon unnie's choice!

honey yeonnnn is love! (:

oh I knew this would happen sooner or later on because the girls are getting more and more popular... it would be hard for them to focus on studying at the same time~

it sure is a tough/risky decision for SY... well, I just hope she made a right decision~

Fighting SY~ :)

I think its a good thing she chose to focus on her career. It is her dream and she should give out her best. Its not like she's giving up on her studies for ever. It's only a break and she is in University, not in high school. She can continue whenever she wants. She should take some rest and think of staying healthly as well. Everyday just 2-3 hours of sleeps... its a bit too much for them all. To be a singer, its like her "job" right now. And its a not only a job Its her goal~! If her dream was to be a doctor, she would focus on her studies and become a doctor( Im sure Seungyeonnie can, she is good at school) But her dream is to be a singer~ Go Seungyeon! Show us what your best:) Fighting!