[2013.09.02] KARA releases new album, flaunts tomboy style

iammai

SEOUL, Sept. 2 (Yonhap) -- Popular K-pop girl group KARA released a new album Monday that features the group's attempt at new music, as well as a video showcasing members' unusually boyish stage costumes.

The album titled "Full Bloom" was the first full-length album to be released by the group since 2011. Their fifth mini-album titled "Pandora" was released last August.

The album was composed by Han Chae-ho, Kim Seung-soo and Lee Chang-hyeon, key members of the domestic group Sweetune. They had also composed the group's earlier hit songs, such as "Pretty Girl," "Honey" and "Mr."

GqJxwRp.jpg

The latest album's title piece "Damaged Lady" brings to mind French pop with sounds of rock music. The song expresses a girl's queasy feelings toward parting with her boyfriend.

The group said they very much tried to show their musical maturity in the new album, as its title indicates.

"We wondered how it would be if we went more sexy, because Ji-young is now an adult. But eventually we came to challenge a mannish concept in our attempt to find something new," the band leader Park Gyu-ri said during a media showcase in Seoul of the group's fourth full-length album. She referred to the team's youngest member, Kang Ji-young who turned 19 this year.

"We also made many efforts and practiced a lot since it was our first challenge in this genre of music. I enjoyed the process," Park said.

The group said they put on black suits and neckties in the song's music video in order to better deliver the girl's feelings, which they have never tried on stage,

The video was directed by Cho Soo-hyun, known for directing videos for Psy's two global hits "Gangnam Style" and "Gentleman."

Kara is to hold a fan meeting event at 7 p.m. which will be broadcast live through South Korea's Internet portal Naver. About 700 randomly selected fans will attend the event, the group's management agency said.

sshim@yna.co.kr

Source: Yonhap News

Wow. No wonder the "damaged girl" album is amazing. I love the songs produced under sweetune. They have a tune that mind ears just happen to latch on as I find it very catchy and energetic.

Another new thing for me is knowing Cho Soo-hyun directed the mv. Really? Gangnam style and gentleman. Knowing the song I am glad that "damaged lady" did not get to outrageous. Even without that I do find that "damaged lady" is very different compared to Kara previous songs. It is a welcome change for me.