[Show] [CHI SUB] 130904 Seungyeon,Hara & Jiyoung on MBC Radio Star

edr49890

shared by

whatdoyouknow

EXTRA DETAILS
130904 RS - Kang jiyoung cried  

130904 RS - Kang jiyoung cried too but not kyuhyun who made her cry. MC said she didnt really do aegyo when she was performing in Japan, so they asked her to do it here. While she felt shy while she was doing aegyo halfway so MC said: "looks like you really can't do aegyo", and she cried. Then kyuhyun said "what" helplessly and help to take tissue for her. When he's back from taking tissue, he jokingly said, if han seung yeon-ssi cried too. MC all went to coax her, even gura apologised. when she was about to cry, kyuhyun anxiously said "no, don't, don't cry" and in the end she just cried out. she even said "i already said i don't really know how to do aegyo why do you keep asking me to do it" and then continue to cry.

chi trans 曺敏贞_LN
Translated by @Juannn0921 at @OurGyuhyun

Jing's crying translation

Jing's crying translation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb401r05XDA

MC Gookjin: I've heard that in Japan, once Jiyoung does aegyo, the whole Japan freaks out?
Jiyoung: No, it's not really true...just..
MC Jongshin: (exaggerating) you make the whole Japan move, just with your one aegyo
Jiyoung: I don't really have aegyo...
MCs: Show us one!
Hara: Jiyoung's (trademark) aegyos are her nose crinkling
Seungyeon: Just the way she talks, that (aegyo) from her young age
MC Gura: she's only 20
Seungyeon: Yeah her aegyo is just naturally there
MC Jonshin: Show us once~
Jiyoung: Uh... (trying to do it) I really don't know why people keep saying I have aegyo 
MC Gura: If you don't know then who knows?! If Kang Jiyoung doesn't know about Kang Jiyoung, would Kim Gura know?
MC Jongshin: Gura cussed in this pitch recently
MC Gura: When did I?
MC Jongshin: In SNL 
MC Gura: stop talking about weird things. Come on, show us one~
(Hara and Seungyeon hopes for her to do it) 
Hara: (show us) Bbooing, Bbooing 
MC Gookjin: I feel like if we make her do it more, she will cry 
Jiyoung: Ah, I really don't have aegyo...
MCs: Oh no, oh no, oh no
MC Gura: this is aegyo 
Jiyoung: Oh God 
Hara: It's because...
MC Kyuhyun: I told you guys not to make her do it! (Grabs her a tissue) 
Hara: It's because we haven't been on a Korean variety show for a long time
Seungyeon: Yeah 
Jiyoung: Why do you guys keep making me do it 
Seungyeon: What do we do.. Why are we being like this?
MC Gura: I don't have a favorite song either, and I can't sing, but the show program Sing 1000 songs keep calling me to be on their show so when I go on it, I sing anyway (this is actually wise advice Gura's telling Jiyoung in a light hearted manner. It's their job. Whether they like it or not, that's the way their jobs work) 
Hara: (apologizing) I'll try harder
Seungyeon: I'm not uesd to this either (sorry) 
MC Gura: I'm sorry~
MC Kyuhyun: You made her cry this time?
MC Gura: No it was Jongshin, don't be like that talking about weird things
MC Kyuhyun: Now, only Han Seungyeon has to cry 
Seungyeon: Actually, I cry the most amongst KARA members, but these two friends are crying... so it's surprising 
MC Gura: It's okay, we'll make Seungyeon cry a tear of inspiration later
Seungyeon: What?
MC Jongshin: It would be perfect if JYP cried at the end 
Seungyeon: All crying
MC Jongshin: Radio Star is changing you guys
Hara: You cry a lot when you are 20 though
Seungyeon: Yeah you are very emotional (at that time) 
Jiyoung: I'm sorry
MC Gura: I love people that are emotional 
MC Jongshin: You say it so heartlessly 
MC Gura: no it's that I never really cry except when my parents passed away and stuff so I envy and admire. 
MC Kyuhyun: admire?
MC Gura: It's all good 
Jiyoung: I look like an idiot don't I?
MC Kyuhyun: If you cry then smile (it's a Korean childish joke where if you cry and smile you'll get a horn). All good.

Recently on Jiyoung's instagram I'm pretty sure it was in regards to this incident: 

자라면서 배웠던 많은 삶들은 살아오면서 잊어버리고도 했고 어떤것은 매우 유익하게 사용하기도 했다. 장애물을 극복하는 과정과 갈림길에서 선택하는 과정에서 정답은 없다는 것도 배웠다. 초라하지만 후회없이 건드려질 때마다 아픔을 느끼는 상처를 갖는다는 것은 내 삶에 대한 스스로의 조절능력을 상실하는 거였다. 나는 내 상처를 건드리는 사람의 의도대로 반응하면서 살고 싶진 않았다.
As I grew up, I forgot some things and used other things very well that I have learned from maturing. I also learned that there is no right answer in the process of getting over a hurdle(trouble) and making a decision at a crossroad. Although it's pitiful, whenever I get bothered with no regrets, I get hurt and lose control of my own destiny in life. I don't want to live by reacting to those who hurt me. 

TRANSLATION | The reason Hara cried on "Radio Star"

SHARED 6 HOURS AGO - 104 NOTES

TRANSLATION | The reason Hara cried on "Radio Star"

MC Jongshin & Gookjin: What's one topic you really want to avoid talking about (today)?

Hara: It's not like you aren't going to ask me 

MC Jongshin: We won't

Hara: For real?

MC Jongshin: Yeah

Hara: Then, (the topic of) dating

MC Jongshin: (jokingly) Which one of your dating life stories should we not talk about? (saying that she had a lot of dating life scandals) 

Hara: I don't have that many! For real!

Seungyeon: So mean

Hara: Why do you guys view me in such a way?

MC Jongshin: It's just that when we don't talk about dating life, we don't have much to talk about with girl groups

Kyuhyun: And she's the dating-dol 

Hara: Noooo! (throws/slides water bottle over at Kyuhyun) 

Kyuhyun: ;;; 

MC Gookjin: She gave it to you so you can drink it! 

Kyuhyun: Ahh, she gave me it to drink ok, I will (pretends to drink it) 

MC Gura: She's telling you just drink 

MC Jongshin: Goo Hara, gifts Kyuhyun with a drink 

Seungyeon: gently

MC Gookjin: So you are gonna be okay if we don't about dating?

Hara: Yes

MC Gura: It's all passed stories though 

Hara: Yeah but whenever I talk about it, weird articles start popping up 

MC Gura: But when many articles start coming up, eventually the general public will lose interest. Anyway, from the way I see it, it seems like your dating life wasn't that passionate? 

Hara: Like I said last time I was here, we were promoting at Japan a lot… so yeah… that's it. (implying that she and JH probably couldn't even spend much time together) 

MC Kyuhyun: So just a little here and little there from time to time 

Hara: (shakes head) 

MC Jongshin: (jokingly) Oh so if we can't talk about Hara's dating life, then we can get rid of this amount of pages of script? What should I do with these?

MC Gura: We even prepared the VCR (video clip) 

MC Gura: So Kang Jiyoung, you get jealous that all the questions go to Hara? Have you come up with any scandalous news about you?

MC Jongshin: The only way Hara's scandals can be kept on a low profile is if Jiyoung and Seungyeon starts doing (dating) 

Seungyeon & Jiyoung: Do what?

Hara: Say it! You are doing it

MC Gookjin: What? What was that?

Hara: Ah, (I just said it) so that my news can sink a little

and then blah blah blah 

skip to 2:47 

Jiyoung: We actually greeted each other in the waiting room

Kyuhyun: (jokingly) A sunbae (myself) had to go to hoobae's (Kara's) waiting room

Hara: Nooo! We were getting ready to visit your waiting room…

Kyuhyun: I had to greet the big stars

Hara, Jiyoung, Seungyeon: Why are you being like this 

Jiyoung: (Anyway) He came and we said hi to each other and Hara unnie said "please go lightly today about my personal life" But ever since from the start… (they talk about it) 

MC Jongshin: That means Kyuhyun knows a lot about (Hara's) personal life?

Kyuhyun: (jokingly) if I open my mouth, it's the end for Goo Hara 

Hara: (standing up) What do you mean! What do you mean! You yourself can't be so safe about (his own personal life) this either!

MC Gura: We'll just sit and listen while you guys spill everything

Hara: I feel like I'm going to cry

MC Gura: After the recent Hip Hop dissing (korean hip hop artist like Simon D, Dynamic Duo, etc recently bashed each other with rap), now it's the idol's dissing battle turn 

MC Jongshin: Turn on the Kenderick Lamar's song (as BGM; because he was the reason why the hip hop dissing battle started in Korea) 

MC Kyuhyun: (feeling sorry seeing her sad) Hey~ I was just kidding 

MC Gookjin: I think she got a little upset

MC Jongshin: H..Hara, are you really crying?

Hara: Yeah, I got really…really angry….

Jiyoung: Oh no

Seungyeon: You guys are so mean…

Kyuhyun: No I was just kidding around…

Seungyeon: You probably hear a lot of things, but we hear things too 

MC Gura: There are people who cry on Radio Star

Thank you @_songie for translation!

130904 RS - The reason kyuhyun Made Goo Hara cried -

130904 RS - The reason kyuhyun Made Goo Hara cried -
Goo Hara said she's most afraid of people asking her things related to love, in the end kyuhyun disturbed her a little bit and she immediately threw the bottle in front of her to kyuhyun and seems a little bit angry. MC tried to cut the awkwardness by saying goo hara actually wanted kyu to drink it, so kyu drank it to match it. After that kyu said another sentence "if I opened my mouth, Hara-ssi will be over." And then goo Hara angrily jumped up, "why must (you) be like that" and cried. After Goo hara jumped up, she also shouted to kyu "what over !! Oppa you can't be upright too!!!!!" (upright as in his love relationship stuffs)

chi trans 曺敏贞_LN
Translated by Juannn0921 at OurGyuhyun

Yoon Jong Shin apologized on what happened to Seungyeon, Hara and Jiyoung on Radio Star

YJS: 신나게 놀려고 왔지만 맘먹은 대로 잘 안되면 눈물도 나고 그러는 거죠..사람 마음이 원래 그런 거 아닌가요..라스의 화법이 원래 그렇지만 일단 당사자의 마음이 우선입니다^^

YJS: 그녀들은 눈물이 가장 솔직한 대답이었으리라 생각되구요..우린 항상 그랬듯이 짓궂었고..굳이 욕을 먹자면 짓궂은 저희들이 아닐까 합니다..모두가 질문을 재치있게 웃으면서 받아치진 못해요..힘들게 겪었을 일들일텐데..제일 나댄 제 잘못입니다..죄송^^

Translate

Yoon Jong Shin1: When you came to have fun but things didnt go the way you had hoped for its natural to cry. Isn't that how all people feel?

Yoon Jong Shin2: While it is the style of Radio Star, the guests' feelings come first.^^ I think their tears were their truthful answers.

Yoon Jong Shin3: But we just continued to joke around as usual. If there 's anyone who should be getting hate shouldn't it be us who ragged them on&on?

Yoon Jong Shin4: Not everyone can smile & give witty answers. They had a hard time overcoming those issues. My fault for being too aggressive. Sorry^^

Source: Yoon Jong Shin 's twitter https://twitter.com/MelodyMonthly

Translate by: @_coffeebeanie

@SohnPD (PD of MBC) also tweet to support Jiyoung with the aegyo thingy

'ㅇㅇㅇ 태도 논란'은 좀 우낀 것 같습니다.. 하라도 지영이도 당연히 울수 있고, 라디오스타 MC들도 질문할 수 있고.. 그냥 방송일뿐이죠..

Seungyeon just apologized back to YJS

I keep on thinking how to express my heavy heart all day long but now I will write it.. First, I want to say our deepest apology to those who uncomfortable with our appearance as a guest on Radio Star episode yesterday.
~
하루 종일 무거운 마음을 어떻게 표현해야 할지 고민하다가 이제야 글 올립니다..먼저, 어제 저희가 게스트로 참여한 라디오스타로 인해 불편하셨을 여러분께 정말 죄송하다고 말씀드리고 싶습니다.

We will deeply reflect on how we showed you our unprofessional attitude. To the Radio Star MC seniors and also JYP senior who helped us and taking care of us during the filming and even after the broadcast, we are really sorry and very thankful.
~
개인적인 사정으로 프로답지 못한 태도를 보여드린 점 깊이 반성하겠습니다. 촬영 중에도 방송 후에도 부족했던 모습의 저희를 도와주시고 신경 써주신 라스 엠씨 선배님들 그리고 박진영 선배님께도 정말 죄송하고 또 감사합니다.

We will become Seungyeon, Hara, Jiyoung who will show you our brighter self and our hard working self.
~
앞으로 더 밝은 모습 열심히 하는 모습 보여드리는 승연, 하라, 지영이 되겠습니다.

Credit: @yooniqda_  

Yoon Jongshin's apology on twitter:
When you came to play and have fun but things didn't go according to what you expected, it's normal for tears to flow out.. isn't that's how people's heart.. Radio Star's way originally like that, however the person concerned's heart should comes first^^ i think their tears were their most honest answer.. we keep on teasing them like we always do.. if there are someone who need to getting the hate, i think shouldn't it be us who keep on pressing them like that..not everyone are able to always answer a question wittily with laugh.. they must have suffered a lot overcoming those issues.. it's my fault who being the harshest..i'm sorry^^

SohnPD's tweet (SSTP Producer):

"XXX Attitude Controversy" is kinda ridiculous. both hara and jiyoung of course able to cry. Radio Star MCs too are allowed to give question.. it's simply just a show broadcast.

Kim Taehee (writer of MBC Radio Star):
The KARA that i saw, compared to other girl group, is an idol group that exceptionally well-mannered, kind, does variety well that i fond of. During the filming of Radio Star, there were indeed times that they were emotional but they loosen up right away, laughing, and even doing their best pleasantly until the end! Don't attack them! they are such a pretty and kind-hearted girls.

Cr: @yooniqda_

====

all the people in k-entertainment industry are defending and protecting KARA ilikeitplz.png

=====================

@ultraman88

This is the cut where all those haters are calling Hammie as rude.
However, listen to this. I dare them to say otherwise.

Source: beautiful mirinae @karaboard.  

She says, "will you be okay.?" (meaning can you keep going?)

cr:uploader

Seungyeon's "outburst" was hardly an outburst at all either. Kyuhyun joked "If I reveal everything your careers will be over" and Seungyeon joked back in exactly the same manner "We hear some things about you too!"

So basically if Kyuhyun does something it's a joke and they shouldn't be so sensitive but if Seungyeon makes exactly the same joke it's a rude outburst and she's PMSing? Double standards ahoy.

Edited by edr49890

The netizens are just over exaggerating and overreacting about it. I still wonder why my jiyoung cried? Perhaps moody. :(

the atmosphere ...awkward ..and i think she's pressured because the topic talks about japan in korean national TV

and we all know the conflict gotten worst since last year and how their sales decline ...that's what i think

• Like 1

Thanks for the translation.... when i was watching the show without subs or any translation, I didn't see anything wrong. I mean, things like this happens on variety shows, specially when the host/MC and the guest are at ease with each other.

aaahhh k-netizens, i really can't understand them... they're really stressful...   

the atmosphere ...awkward ..and i think she's pressured because the topic talks about japan in korean national TV

and we all know the conflict gotten worst since last year and how their sales decline ...that's what i think

Jiyoung tells why she cried in the end of the show. She said she was scared of the oppa because the oppa seems angry when he was speaking too fast with high tone. She feel scared and pressure because was kinda force her to do aegyo in the awkward moment *Something like that*  POOR JIYOUNG. TnT In my opinion, she just has that aegyo naturally. :D