HOT ISSUE : KARA Contract Renewal

edr49890

By PATTERN...

• Shared by FANTOMAS

Posted Today, 01:39 AM (Edited by fantomas, Today, 01:40 AM.)

Gyuri, Seungyeon, Hara renewing contract. Jjiyoung has some time till contract expiration. Nicole is not renewing. KARA will go on without her. There's no words on replacement.   http://news.naver.co...1&lfrom=twitter   WTF just happening amgplz.png my poor wife and heart imhorrifiedplz.png la.gif   warstarplz.png   Edit: Apparently Jiyoung didn't renew the contract either T___T

• Shared by FANTOMAS
Official statement from DSP  

안녕하세요. DSP미디어 입니다.

금일 보도된 카라와 DSP미디어와의 국내 계약 관련 건과 관련, 다음과 같은 소속사의 공식입장을 알려드립니다.

박규리, 한승연, 구하라 3인은 2년 재계약을 완료했으며, 차후 활동을 DSP와 함께 하기로 결정했습니다. 강지영은 다른
멤버들과는 달리 내년 4월에 계약이 끝나는 관계로 가수 활동과 학업 등 진로에 대해 조금 더 시간을 가지고 심사숙고 하기로
했습니다.

2. 정니콜은 DSP와의 재계약 의사가 없음을 밝혀와 오는 1월 예정대로 계약이 만료됩니다.

3. 카라는 일부 멤버가 재계약 없이 이탈하더라도 팀 해체 없이 국내 및 해외 활동에 계속해서 전념해 나갈 예정입니다.
  More or less like what already been said T__T

KARA Members to Go Separate Ways

2013090418204317806-615x410.jpg

Members of top K-pop girl group KARA will go separate ways.

KARA’s agency DSP Media announced through a statement Friday afternoon that KARA members Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara are the only members who have renewed their management deal for two more years with the agency.

The management deal with member Nicole, who has clarified that she had no intention to renew the deal with DSP Media, is set to be expired next January as scheduled.

Jiyoung, the youngest member of the group who just turned 19 this year, will take more time to think over her future and career since it is set to be expired next April, the agency explained.

DSP Media cleared out that KARA will not be disbanded and continue its domestic and overseas activities, even though part of its members will not expand their deal and leave the group.

Debuted in March of 2007, KARA is considered as one of the most successful Korean girl groups that have successfully broken into the Japanese music market.

Reporter. Cory Lee

Photographer. Gue Hye-jung photonine@tenasia.co.kr

<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Media Co., LTD. (www.tenasia.com) All rights reserved.>

Credit: http://www.tenasia.com/archives/74278

DSP Media reveals KARA's Nicole will not be renewing contract + Jiyoung may decide to focus on studies
  Rumors surfaced recently about KARA's disbandment with a Japanese media running a story, which DSP Media denied at first. However, the agency has now revealed that the KARA we know may be seeing some changes as Nicole has decided not to renew her contract and Jiyoung is in the process of deciding whether to continue her singing career or focus on school instead.  
DSP Media announced through an official press release, "We are announcing our official position on the matter of Nicole's domestic contract with DSP Media."   "Gyuri, Seungyeon, and Hara have all renewed their contract for another 2 years, and have decided to conduct their future activities with DSP... The contract for Jiyoung, different from the other members, will end in April and she has decided to think more about her life's path, her singing career, and education."   "Nicole has revealed that she has no intention to renew her contract with DSP and thus her contract will expire in January as originally scheduled," the agency stated, thereby indirectly stating that Nicole will no longer be a member of KARA once the contract ends.   The agency assured fans however that KARA will continue on. "Even if some members leave without renewing their contracts, the team will not be disbanded and will continue to promote domestically as well as overseas."     Source: JoynewsMyDaily

We need someone to update us about KARASIA 2nd JAPAN TOUR

@kOuki  
First day of YOKO and OSAKA are sold out now

Kobe on the 24th is cancelled, but it was sold out already 

This cannot be true..PLEASE!

2nd KARASIA IMAGE

thread update: Yahoo Japan and a tabloid released articles claiming KARA would disband after the Japanese tour but DSP media just released an response denying the "unfounded media reports"

http://news.naver.co...&aid=0000217630

original OP:

Yahoo: Scoop! 'KARA' to disband virtually. Last apperance would be Japan Tour   http://headlines.yah...11-tospoweb-ent  

A Japanese tabloid "Tokyo Sport" reported that KARA will disband on that cover page today as well.

''Their contract terminated and they haven’t agreed to the contents of the new contract so they decided to disband apparently''   KARA besides JiYong will terminate their contract with their current company in Jan 2014, and then the 5 expressed to continue the group  but they haven't come to the agreement regarding the contents of contract, so they decided to disband the group after all the discussion."
  3kk01.jpg  

according to japan news media today says....kara's days in japan are numbered, citing the soon 'disband' of the group.. amgplz.png http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/entame/entertainment/190961/

7 cities tour starting at yokohama are cancelled....november 24th hyogo-kobe world arena to be the last performance in japan..

attempts were made to continue as 5, but contract terms differed....disbanding is the final conclusion..

no concerts date set up yet in korea...the last concert in japan is most likely their last big stage..    

japanese netz are saying the source of this inside info is questionable.....unreliable, but the news of the cancellation of concerts is pretty big..

there was no indication [other than the gaff at radio star] that kara was going downhill, in terms of contract negotiations

need time to sort this out or until more news comes about...

yahoo news featured it on news headlines and now it's spreading like wild fire...causing confusion and shock...some j-netizens are tweeting the members for clarification.. http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20131004-00000011-tospoweb-ent ipK3Mm82Qgx8m.PNG

Fans reveal a possible reason for Nicole's decision to leave KARA

KARA-Nicole_1380905428_af_org.jpg      

People were shocked when they found out that Nicole was not renewing her contractwith DSP Media and will essentially be dropping out of KARA.  Many people were wondering on why she had made this decision.

SEE ALSO: [breaking] DSP Media reveals KARA's Nicole will not be renewing contract + Jiyoung may decide to focus on studies

Netizens have been widely speculating the reasons themselves, writing out their theories on online forums.  The fans claimed that Nicole had been receiving blatant 'poor treatment' since the 'KARA situation' back in 2011.  At that time, three members Nicole, Jiyoung, andSeungyeon had entered a legal battle against DSP Media in hopes of terminating their exclusive contracts, claiming they were invalid.  However, the girls ultimately decided to stay as a five-member group.

One netizen wrote, "According to KARA members' individual activities since 2011, Nicole barely got to do any personal activities for three years excluding her MC role in SBS's 'Inkigayo' with Hara."

Also written on-line was, "Before the legal situation, Nicole successfully grabbed parts in 'Star Golden Bell,' 'Introduction to Veterinary Science,' and 'Heroes,' ultimately being responsible for the group's mass public appeal along with Hara.  However, after the legal situation, the fact that she did almost no solo guest appearances and barely appeared on broadcasts can only be seen as discrimination from DSP."

In conclusion, netizens are using KARA's monthly and yearly schedules to provide a reason behind Nicole's surprising decision to not renew her contract with DSP Media.  

Source: TVReport via Nate

KARA will never be the same without the two of them.

Someone even commented on allkpop that he think Jiyoung is pregnant and i was like what-are-you-talking-about?

And also...

I don't know exactly why Nicole and Jiyoung choose to renew it. But it just shows one thing, the teamwork within Kara has already died.

As much as we see him hugging each other publicly and many pictures of them together close a group... behind the scenes it doesn't seem that way. They look very close on-screen, but if they were real friends I don't know why they no longer want to be a member of Kara.

Gyuri was left out in the cold back when the controversy first started. Why have they failed so many times to sustain real communication with one another?

And why does Jiyoung want to even study? Does she not already have a full-time job or earn enough money? What point is there to study at this time... I think it's just an excuse if you ask me.

Either way, the image of Kara will never be the same as it was. A better idea for them is if all 5 of them left the company and joined another since it seems DSP is going downhill in its management.

Its regretful and such a shame.

That comment is by IU.fanboy on allkpop.

I wonder what really is going on.

The only thing i know right now is that KARA won't be the same anymore.

• Like 2

MAN

KARA just doing OK..i don't want to mention other girl group doing ..but

KARA just doing great

Just hoping that DSP can keep KARA as 5

Onehallyu KARA Records Achievements Thread

Onehallyu Secret Love Mini Series DRAMA

as much as i want to keep it my self...

but KARA DOING so WELL this year

KARA has Animation and Drama to be release in KOREA..

We know HOW BAD DSP for Managing KARA..

If you defend DSP..did you guys know what DSP did for KARA?

All i know KARA did alot for DSP.

Yes DSP is influencial company but we can't just ignore

that NO Proper promotion still not the answer..

I keep this in my mind..why SECRET love DRAMA keep being delayed ?
i mean DELAYED a lot..

Call me negative kamilia that's ok..but

I believe DSP or PD of that DRAMA tried to sell the DRAMA

to NETWORK station with unforable price for the NETWORK

so maybe that's the reason why SECRET Love drama still have no nework

and anyone

remember how DSP reject IRIS 2? and for sure DSP reject Heirs Drama as well

and anyone has an update about HARA movie? not yet right?

Because DSP management is SUCK everything is RUSH and Just release and MILK

everything but not investing to KARA..you can notice that for sure.

ok here's my point of view about this matter.... due to DSP being so CHEAP and Lazy about promoting KARA..but just keep MILKING left and RIGHT.... so finaly DSP woke up that KARA needs Better promotion not just something YES and NO procedure ..now They use contract issue as media noise and attention?.. but what about the KARASIA 2nd JPAN tour? "
Kobe on the 24th is cancelled, but it was sold out already " it doesn't make any sense at all.. SOEEY KAMILIA but i have this feeling that DSP trying to promote other groups as well ..i now that ..but it end up not GOOD so DSP has no choice but to rely on KARA again.. but GUYS !!! We all aware How DSP promoting KARA and how DSP protecting KARA?.. ..

I don't know exactly why Nicole and Jiyoung choose to renew it. But it just shows one thing, the teamwork within Kara has already died.

As much as we see him hugging each other publicly and many pictures of them together close a group... behind the scenes it doesn't seem that way. They look very close on-screen, but if they were real friends I don't know why they no longer want to be a member of Kara.

Gyuri was left out in the cold back when the controversy first started. Why have they failed so many times to sustain real communication with one another?

And why does Jiyoung want to even study? Does she not already have a full-time job or earn enough money? What point is there to study at this time... I think it's just an excuse if you ask me.

Either way, the image of Kara will never be the same as it was. A better idea for them is if all 5 of them left the company and joined another since it seems DSP is going downhill in its management.

Its regretful and such a shame.

I seriously can't agree with this, it's so easy to make assumptions. As much as we have established a fanship and love them, they can have their own interests and can go their own paths. I genuinely believe that they are close like sisters. And siblings can go their own ways and do what they want. They will always be KARA and thats unchangeable truth. Thats why even though it's depressing and sad, we have to support them in all of their decisions because they have the right to it.

• Like 4

I seriously can't agree with this, it's so easy to make assumptions. As much as we have established a fanship and love them, they can have their own interests and can go their own paths. I genuinely believe that they are close like sisters. And siblings can go their own ways and do what they want. They will always be KARA and thats unchangeable truth. Thats why even though it's depressing and sad, we have to support them in all of their decisions because they have the right to it.

Agreed. That IU fanboy is just trolling....just a hate comment disguised as a concerned one...seen that many times....but back to the issue.....yes....we have to accept that everything will come to an end whether we like it or not.....it is heartbreaking for us Kamilia....but for our beloved KARA....it must be ten times more.....but if they agree to this decision, then we as Kamilia have to accept and respect their decison too.....KARA will always be KARA....in our minds, hearts and memories....but until this issue really become a reality....let us enjoy this time now with them as much as we can.....KARA FIGHTING!!!!!

• Like 2

THANK YOU to all those User

I want edr

*hugs* hang in there buddy          

Stay strong warstarplz.png

How are you holding up..? imhorrifiedplz.png

Poor edr..............    

waiting for edr to shed some light into this topic. smile.png

Hmmmmmmm.   

edr.   

we need your valuable help here

Rose Lily → edr49890

How are you doing edr, I'm scared about this news about Nicole and Jiyoung..

Tch, rumors thatsgreatplz.png

Surprised edr hasn't shown up yet lol.

Hmmm where's edr when you need him?

I hope not, I love KARA

Still waiting for edr hurrplz.png

I'm a sad bunny now, Nicole is leaving..... warstarplz.png

I hope edr will be alright....

• Like 1

according to japan news media today says....kara's days in japan are numbered, citing the soon 'disband' of the group.. amgplz.png

http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/entame/entertainment/190961/

7 cities tour starting at yokohama are cancelled....november 24th hyogo-kobe world arena to be the last performance in japan..

attempts were made to continue as 5, but contract terms differed....disbanding is the final conclusion..

no concerts date set up yet in korea...the last concert in japan is most likely their last big stage..

japanese netz are saying the source of this inside info is questionable.....unreliable, but the news of the cancellation of concerts is pretty big..

there was no indication [other than the gaff at radio star] that kara was going downhill, in terms of contract negotiations

need time to sort this out or until more news comes about...

yahoo news featured it on news headlines and now it's spreading like wild fire...causing confusion and shock...some j-netizens are tweeting the members for clarification..

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20131004-00000011-tospoweb-ent

ipK3Mm82Qgx8m.PNG

• Like 1

I think I figured out what's going on with Nicole. This is just my speculation.

I think this has a lot to do with Nicole's mom's influence on her daughter. However, my thought behind this turn of event is that Nicole wants to be more free from the control of DSP. This is from many of the articles and some of the Japanese articles that I've read.  

Nicole wants to be free from DSP's rigidity, meaning she wants to do more individual activities that are not curtailed by DSP control. I am suspecting that DSP had been lacking in support of Nicole with her various individual activities. This is witnessed by her absence from many media contents even before the mention of their contract talks surfaced this year. I can't remember any variety shows she's been on this past year except with the group as a whole. Therefore, Nicole's mom's thought is that why is her daughter being left dormant?  

I think Nicole does not want to leave Kara, though. I might be wrong, but I think she may want to work under a separate management but with KARA for the group activities. This is based on one mention of it from a Japanese news article I just read. Now, the history tells us that that didn't work out well with G.O.D. nor ShinHwa in the past. I think at least 50% of the decision lay with Nicole's mom. I don't know if this will be the right decision in retrospect.  

At the core of the contract negotiation is really about business and money is at the center. Don't be naive. This is business. And when you have two parties to this whole situation, each party will vie for what's best for themselves.  

On the other hand, if Nicole leaves KARA, I am afraid it would be much difficult for her. Even now, she still stutters in Korean when she is talking and her pronunciation is not 100% perfect. That's not good especially for much of the acting situations.  

As for Jjing, I don't know what the deal is. She is still young at 20. Who knows what she wants...  

Today is not a good day for Kamilias. I am hoping for the best.

Edited by ultraman88
  • Like 6

Hi there fellow Kamilias,    

We're all probably wavered by today's sudden shocking news regarding our girls contract. & this is just my two cents,    

There's nothing confirmed as of now. Rumors are rumors. Their contracts doesnt expire until Jan & Apr so nothing is confirmed. I understand that we're all upset and stuff but we should have faith in them like how we did back then. We wont really know their side of the story and we'll never know but the least we should know is, our girls wouldn't disappoint us. KARA's one of the many idols out there that truly, deeply, appreciates their fans after what we've all been through together ; thick and thin & so the last thing KARA would do is, disappoint us, Kamilias.    

This is when all antis come in and do their thing. & this is also when we're all supposed to prove that our bond isnt as fragile as what they think. We probably cant do much now but wait. I believe in them and I believe in every other Kamilias out there to be sharing the same thoughts as I do.    

Fret not, get a good night sleep :) Drink some hot milk and listen to your favourite Kara song to end the exhausting day.Here's my favourite song I would like to share with you guys (and I'm pretty sure you guys know this song as well :D) Hopefully this helps to lighten your hearts a tad bit!  

http://youtu.be/3WDbQoIkYgs
Lastly, I would like to apologize if I have offended anyone :)

• Like 3