HOT ISSUE : KARA Contract Renewal

edr49890

Fans reveal a possible reason for Nicole's decision to leave KARA

KARA-Nicole_1380905428_af_org.jpg      

People were shocked when they found out that Nicole was not renewing her contractwith DSP Media and will essentially be dropping out of KARA.  Many people were wondering on why she had made this decision.

SEE ALSO: [breaking] DSP Media reveals KARA's Nicole will not be renewing contract + Jiyoung may decide to focus on studies

Netizens have been widely speculating the reasons themselves, writing out their theories on online forums.  The fans claimed that Nicole had been receiving blatant 'poor treatment' since the 'KARA situation' back in 2011.  At that time, three members Nicole, Jiyoung, andSeungyeon had entered a legal battle against DSP Media in hopes of terminating their exclusive contracts, claiming they were invalid.  However, the girls ultimately decided to stay as a five-member group.

One netizen wrote, "According to KARA members' individual activities since 2011, Nicole barely got to do any personal activities for three years excluding her MC role in SBS's 'Inkigayo' with Hara."

Also written on-line was, "Before the legal situation, Nicole successfully grabbed parts in 'Star Golden Bell,' 'Introduction to Veterinary Science,' and 'Heroes,' ultimately being responsible for the group's mass public appeal along with Hara.  However, after the legal situation, the fact that she did almost no solo guest appearances and barely appeared on broadcasts can only be seen as discrimination from DSP."

In conclusion, netizens are using KARA's monthly and yearly schedules to provide a reason behind Nicole's surprising decision to not renew her contract with DSP Media.  

Source: TVReport via Nate

Edited by edr49890

Hey Kamalias and Karaholic memebers!!  

I was wondering what are your feelings about Nicole deciding to not renew her contract?      

For me, I have mixed feelings, I believe that Nicole was being a proper adult, making a tough decision and deciding to leave in order for her to be able to other things with her life, I mean, it is her right to do what she wants.  But on the other hand, I will for sure miss her is she actually does leave, because KARA won't be the same when one member has moved on.

Edited by Garrzthunder

Nooooooooooooooo. KARA will never be the same without Nicole. My guess is that Jiyoung will renew her contract next year, so I'm not that much worried about her. BUT NICOLE ALREADY SAID SHE WILL NOT RENEW. I MEAN, WHAT???? Seriously, what is happening??? I don't want Nicole to leave KARA, she is so special, each one of the members is crucial to the whole group, how can we pretend everything is okay without Nicole??

So, from what I read...

Someone said sth like "stay, DSP will change", but... it looks like she ones considered breaking wtih DSP, but it continued, probably with some believes like "it will turn better". And now, it looks like it didn't turn better, so now Nicole may not think anymore like "it will change, give them a try".. What could happen now?

:(

I wish I could've seen KARASIA or a show with KARA as a full group before something like this happened.

But I guess it was bound to happen... I really hope Jiyoung decides to stay. As for Nicole, well... It definitely won't be the same without her. She's added so much since the beginning. 

Man, bad news to wake up to.....

Every morning (in this side of the planet is still daylight :) ) one of the first things that I do is check Instagram and look if the girls posted a new pic, since all of them already has an IG, like all fans I was very happy !  it was so shocking to read all those comments begging her to stay, It took me like an hour to process and realize that it wasn't a bad dream... 

I wish her the best, hope she could be happy and of course I will support her from here :)  

I agree with @ultraman on the fact that this is business.  Perhaps she wants to stay in the industry but free from such tight control.  Perhaps she just wants to travel a path away from the entertainment industry all together.  Whatever her reasons are, I'll be happy for her if she's happy with her decisions.  It's not to say this isn't devastating news, but it's her decision. It won't be the same, but I'll continue to support the remaining Kara and anyone that goes solo.  I don't think the contract decision has anything to do with their personal relationship with each other, it's foolish to think so.  Even if i hated my group, being through ups and downs with someone for 6 years+ makes the love grow.

• Like 1

Sadly....I'm not surprised about this. Considering that Nicole sort of has her own life, separate from the other KARA members, with her own friends, it's not impossible to assume that it would be easier for her to decide that she doesn't really see herself as a KARA member anymore. It seems like she has been distancing herself for a while now. There was still TONS of tension between DSP and Nicole/Nicole's mom after the first incident so it was just a matter of time from my perspective. Also, while other members were making progress in the solo aspects of their careers, Nicole was sort of regressing because she was so stagnate. Aside from the whole "popular idol" talk, no one was really talking about her, which, as a celebrity is never a good thing. She had no solo activities and was put on the back burner at most group activites as well. Now, it's easy to say that this is all DSP's fault, but I guess they were still bitter about the issues that they felt she/her mom caused for KARA. While it seemed like DSP was trying to make things up to Jiyoung, they sort of punished Nicole. I can't really say I disagree or agree with them, it was a difficult time for them, but at the same time, it seems they didn't look at the future problems that would arise from letting anger/bitterness and mistrust bias their decisions for the Nicole. I think in DSP's mind, Nicole sort of tampered with their products. Seungyeon was and still is VERY secure in her position at DSP so it makes sense that she would stay. She didn't have reason to leave the first time and yet, she was threatening to leave them, Jiyoung was and is young and impressionable, for DSP, it's easy to paint the free-spirited and "outsider"  Nicole as the reason for all the problems they faced. It really seems like DSP never forgave her. It makes me wonder how sad they are about her leaving...From a business standpoint, because she didn't have many solo request/activities she wasn't really making them any money. Not like Hara, Gyuri and Seungyeon who are constantly bringing in money for DSP. Even Jiyoung was probably bringing in more money, so I think that might be another reason that DSP didn't fight that hard for Nicole. But if her mind was set, what can they really do? 

I'm not sure about Jiyoung...I guess my advice to her would be to really think about it. Of the KARA members Jiyoung's age gives her a huge advantage in that she can still accomplish A LOT. If she goes to school I really hope she goes to school. If she signs with another agency, it will be sort of deceptive on her part. I think Jiyoung should stay in KARA because she has made a lot of leeway from previously being the "least popular" member that no-one knew about into a relatively popular household name. The increase in editorials for her is proof of that. If Jiyoung decides to leave, it will be interesting to see what she does from there. She isn't like Hara or Seungyeon or Gyuri who seem to have a lot of staying power so if she leaves the entertainment business now, it will definitely be more difficult for her to return and try to make a solo name for herself. I think her education is important but I also know that jiyoung grew up in the entertainment industry and it's the life she is used to. Most stars say they want to try out regular life and when they do, they hate it. No more perks, and no more free clothes/food/shoes/bags/vacations. Jiyoung grew up being adored by the Korean public, she might miss it when she doesn't have it anymore. it's hard for child stars to deal with fame after it's gone. 

I'm gonna miss Nicole a lot if she really decides to leave. It will be interesting to see where she goes from here. Will she sign with a new agency or just do something different altogether? I hope that from now until January the other members can convince her to stay, it's going to be awkward for all of them while having to work together knowing that certain members are leaving or thinking about leaving. I don't think the contract decisions are personal in regards to each other. They are more about what each girl feels DSP can do for them. While Seungyeon, Hara and Gyuri are thriving under DSP...Nicole is obviously not seeing anything worth hanging around for. 

• Like 5

What seems most complicated to me is why Nicole would leave... I mean, I understand that DSP could be treating her badly, but would it be enough reason to give up everything she achieved with KARA? I mean, sucess, fame, money, love, happiness, growth... I mean, if she leaves the industry now, it's gonna be kinda hard to come back later. And she's young, she could easily spend some more 3 or 4 years with KARA and then all of them could retire together... I don't know. It doesn't make sense to me. I can't understand.

I love and respect Nicole a lot, but I wish she would say something to us, kamilia... 

Base from @kOuki 

OSAKA sold out 2nd day 1,1st day nearly sold out lets w8

YOKO sold out Both 2

Fukui sold out on 11/9, 1 

Nagoya sold out, Both  2

Kobe sold out. Both  2

9/15 So far.

EDIT: 

Osaka 2nd Day Ticket is SOLD out, but some Standing Ticket is Available on Day 1

EDIT: 

YOKO sold out BOTH 2

Edited by edr49890
  • Like 1

Let's Just Keep in Faith fellow Kamilias

1380661_10200108060182787_2023699953_n.j

1374097_4859226658424_1382569_n.jpg

• Like 3

My initial reaction to all these news was complete shock. I was literally pulling my hair. Nicole was the last member for me to think of leaving first, even with the issues during 2011. And I wanted to keep my opinions to myself until things are made cleared but of course it will be hard to keep mum about such a situation.

I agree with majority of my fellow Kamilias about not jumping to conclusion until Nicole herself speaks up about it, because I do agree with the whole announcing this during this crucial time, their tour will probably be a bit awkward and fans and especially anti-fans alike will run rampant in trying to find signs of discord, they will dissect every little single thing at the concert and then some.

But if I may play devil’s advocate for a moment here, to those who seems to be placing blame on DSP and their management of Nicole individually, do consider their situation as well. Like someone said, this is a business and in business it all comes down to the money. It’s about your worth, you are a product to them, they might treat you as the best of the best, like royalties, but at the end of the day you are a product. And if you’re not bringing in the money then there’s no point in keeping you. Yes, after the whole 2011 issue the girls might have their say in what they want to do as a group or with individual activities but DSP still has the control. Maybe DSP did give Nicole the chances to have solo activities but she probably didn’t want to do what they had lined up for her, for own personal reasons, but if I were DSP and I’m giving her options and she continuously denies each and every single one then why should I continue to offer her more options when I have others who are willing and ready to do it. That and the fact that she might have probably did all those other activities on her own with her own connections and not with DSP’s influences, that can be a blow to an agencies’ ego when their growing artist has their own connections that is far higher than themselves.

I don’t want to sound negative but with what the translated news has reported, DSP did say “…team will not be disbanded and will continue to promote domestically as well as overseas.” But it doesn’t indicate it being as a group or as individuals but still under the Kara name. Again, I might be second guessing here. I can see this turning into another Finkl situation in which the group was “unofficially” disbanded as the members concentrated on individual activities; an indefinite hiatus. And if they look for new members, it would be quite disheartening but I can see all idol wannabes and/or trainees everywhere jumping and clawing their way to audition to be in the group. Who wouldn’t with the group’s success thus far.

On another perspective, Nicole might just want to let go of this idol life and just rest for a bit. I’m just worry about the dynamic at the concert and how emotional the girls will be. Knowing Nicole, she would probably still continue giving her all with that bright smile of hers’ but deep down, if all of this is true, she is crying a river inside. If she rarely ever cries than I think this will be the moments in which we will all see her cry the most out of everyone.

Yes, I agree that it is Nicole’s choice to make about what she wants to do with her life. She and only she know what’s best for her. Even if her mom has some influence, at the end of the day it’s ultimately her choice to make. Sometimes it does get to a point when you feel you’ve accomplished all you needed to accomplish in this chapter of your life so it’s time to move on to something else, maybe something greater and better.

I knew this day would come but I didn’t expect our girls to be the first to do so.

• Like 2

My initial reaction to all these news was complete shock. I was literally pulling my hair. Nicole was the last member for me to think of leaving first, even with the issues during 2011. And I wanted to keep my opinions to myself until things are made cleared but of course it will be hard to keep mum about such a situation.  

I agree with majority of my fellow Kamilias about not jumping to conclusion until Nicole herself speaks up about it, because I do agree with the whole announcing this during this crucial time, their tour will probably be a bit awkward and fans and especially anti-fans alike will run rampant in trying to find signs of discord, they will dissect every little single thing at the concert and then some.  

But if I may play devil’s advocate for a moment here, to those who seems to be placing blame on DSP and their management of Nicole individually, do consider their situation as well. Like someone said, this is a business and in business it all comes down to the money. It’s about your worth, you are a product to them, they might treat you as the best of the best, like royalties, but at the end of the day you are a product. And if you’re not bringing in the money then there’s no point in keeping you. Yes, after the whole 2011 issue the girls might have their say in what they want to do as a group or with individual activities but DSP still has the control. Maybe DSP did give Nicole the chances to have solo activities but she probably didn’t want to do what they had lined up for her, for own personal reasons, but if I were DSP and I’m giving her options and she continuously denies each and every single one then why should I continue to offer her more options when I have others who are willing and ready to do it. That and the fact that she might have probably did all those other activities on her own with her own connections and not with DSP’s influences, that can be a blow to an agencies’ ego when their growing artist has their own connections that is far higher than themselves.  

I don’t want to sound negative but with what the translated news has reported, DSP did say “…team will not be disbanded and will continue to promote domestically as well as overseas.” But it doesn’t indicate it being as a group or as individuals but still under the Kara name. Again, I might be second guessing here. I can see this turning into another Finkl situation in which the group was “unofficially” disbanded as the members concentrated on individual activities; an indefinite hiatus. And if they look for new members, it would be quite disheartening but I can see all idol wannabes and/or trainees everywhere jumping and clawing their way to audition to be in the group. Who wouldn’t with the group’s success thus far.

On another perspective, Nicole might just want to let go of this idol life and just rest for a bit. I’m just worry about the dynamic at the concert and how emotional the girls will be. Knowing Nicole, she would probably still continue giving her all with that bright smile of hers’ but deep down, if all of this is true, she is crying a river inside. If she rarely ever cries than I think this will be the moments in which we will all see her cry the most out of everyone.  

Yes, I agree that it is Nicole’s choice to make about what she wants to do with her life. She and only she know what’s best for her. Even if her mom has some influence, at the end of the day it’s ultimately her choice to make. Sometimes it does get to a point when you feel you’ve accomplished all you needed to accomplish in this chapter of your life so it’s time to move on to something else, maybe something greater and better.    I knew this day would come but I didn’t expect our girls to be the first to do so.

Well said!! :)

so sudden...  :gloomy:  :teary:  :disappointed:  :moody:  :depressed:  :ahh:  :dead:

I wonder how is it between the members now.. I'm pretty sure most of us are concerned about each of the members feeling right now. Anyways.. I'll try to stay positive until the confirmation  :optimistic:

Edited by E97N