HOT ISSUE : KARA Contract Renewal

edr49890

My initial reaction to all these news was complete shock. I was literally pulling my hair. Nicole was the last member for me to think of leaving first, even with the issues during 2011. And I wanted to keep my opinions to myself until things are made cleared but of course it will be hard to keep mum about such a situation.  

I agree with majority of my fellow Kamilias about not jumping to conclusion until Nicole herself speaks up about it, because I do agree with the whole announcing this during this crucial time, their tour will probably be a bit awkward and fans and especially anti-fans alike will run rampant in trying to find signs of discord, they will dissect every little single thing at the concert and then some.   But if I may play devil’s advocate for a moment here, to those who seems to be placing blame on DSP and their management of Nicole individually, do consider their situation as well. Like someone said, this is a business and in business it all comes down to the money. It’s about your worth, you are a product to them, they might treat you as the best of the best, like royalties, but at the end of the day you are a product. And if you’re not bringing in the money then there’s no point in keeping you. Yes, after the whole 2011 issue the girls might have their say in what they want to do as a group or with individual activities but DSP still has the control. Maybe DSP did give Nicole the chances to have solo activities but she probably didn’t want to do what they had lined up for her, for own personal reasons, but if I were DSP and I’m giving her options and she continuously denies each and every single one then why should I continue to offer her more options when I have others who are willing and ready to do it. That and the fact that she might have probably did all those other activities on her own with her own connections and not with DSP’s influences, that can be a blow to an agencies’ ego when their growing artist has their own connections that is far higher than themselves.  

I don’t want to sound negative but with what the translated news has reported, DSP did say “…team will not be disbanded and will continue to promote domestically as well as overseas.” But it doesn’t indicate it being as a group or as individuals but still under the Kara name. Again, I might be second guessing here. I can see this turning into another Finkl situation in which the group was “unofficially” disbanded as the members concentrated on individual activities; an indefinite hiatus. And if they look for new members, it would be quite disheartening but I can see all idol wannabes and/or trainees everywhere jumping and clawing their way to audition to be in the group. Who wouldn’t with the group’s success thus far.

On another perspective, Nicole might just want to let go of this idol life and just rest for a bit. I’m just worry about the dynamic at the concert and how emotional the girls will be. Knowing Nicole, she would probably still continue giving her all with that bright smile of hers’ but deep down, if all of this is true, she is crying a river inside. If she rarely ever cries than I think this will be the moments in which we will all see her cry the most out of everyone.  

Yes, I agree that it is Nicole’s choice to make about what she wants to do with her life. She and only she know what’s best for her. Even if her mom has some influence, at the end of the day it’s ultimately her choice to make. Sometimes it does get to a point when you feel you’ve accomplished all you needed to accomplish in this chapter of your life so it’s time to move on to something else, maybe something greater and better.    I knew this day would come but I didn’t expect our girls to be the first to do so.

Well i don't agree with the bold part..

KARA is the main money maker.. NICOLE is part of KARA..Maybe nicole doesn't have much activities .but it doesn't mean just because NICOLE doesn't have much activities that can make money DSP can just ignore her. Nicole still valuable to DSP. Even Solo activities of KARA can't bring that much either. they can earn those money as KARA5.

Yes Business is Business but you cannot step forward if you don't invest for you product. DSP is not investing anything to KARA..or maybe to nicole?

and DSP has influence .. so they can just put NICOLE into some Dancing related shows..or what so ever like SM do.. but of course Money is need that's for sure.. but how can you sell a product if you don't invest for promotion?. Just relying to KARA "Nicole" that's it.

there's so many shows NICOLE can go in.
Edited by edr49890

Despair Kamilias!! Hold on not to false hope. It is not hope you are feeling!! It is denial!! Nicole is leaving and Jiyoung may as well be!! The end of KARA5 is here so welcome KARA4/3!! muahahahaha!!!............Damn Im evil.....

“Because what’s worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it?” ― James Patterson

• Like 1

Despair Kamilias!! Hold on not to false hope. It is not hope you are feeling!! It is denial!! Nicole is leaving and Jiyoung may as well be!! The end of KARA5 is here so welcome KARA4/3!! muahahahaha!!!............Damn Im evil.....   “Because what’s worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it?” ― James Patterson

Should this be next?

tumblr_m3ty9raNhw1rnsqduo1_500.gif

MAN

KARA just doing OK..i don't want to mention other girl group doing ..but

KARA just doing great

Just hoping that DSP can keep KARA as 5

Onehallyu KARA Records Achievements Thread

Onehallyu Secret Love Mini Series DRAMA

:( so sad.. but 100% is not DSP fault... 

From reading posts from Karaboard.

Nothing has been signed yet. They didn't execute the personal stamps (도장) on the dotted line. Everything is still up in the air. They've only given verbal responses. We won't know until it gets closer to the expiration date or when KARA actually speaks up. I think they may at the concert.  

Nicole's mother is influencing her daughter for sure 100%. Although we may never know how much that is considered by Nicole herself. But, I know that she is a major mama's girl. Also, I think there still is a bad blood between her mother and DSP. Personally, DSP sucks major, and her mother should keep it down a notch, too.  

I think the woman is a major fame monger and a stage mother. I've seen her twitter photos with the Regional VP of MTV for Viacom (Viacom owns MTV), having a lunch together with some people. What the hell, is she bragging? Personally, I do not like her. You don't see that from any of the other girl's parents.  

All I care is that the girls stay as KARA, though.

Edited by ultraman88
  • Like 4

^Ultraman88

How K-kamilia know it's only verbal agreement?

Sometimes i wonder they know more but keep it from outside world..

well, at least there's still hope. Even a little.

And maybe we can hear something from the girls after the first concert. :|

It must be awkward and sad to KARA and Kamilia :(

(05 October 2013 - 11:52 PM)

What the hell???? That bloody DSP ###. Nicole didn't say she would not renew, she didn't give any response yet!!!! And they are saying she won't be with them. DSP is media playing as I thought!!! 

KBS Entertainment Weekly inteview capture

by Ultraman88

original.jpg

(Karaboard)  http://karaboard.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=community&wr_id=1178415&page=0

KBS Entertainment Broadcast

Interview with DSP.

"For Nicole, she has not shown us ANY response regarding the contract renewal. So, we are assuming her contract will expire in January."

Nicole has not shown any indication, meaning she didn't say a thing. Everything so far is in verbal from the three girls. Nothing is concrete. Jjing has 7 months to go on her contract, of course she is gonna say she is still thinking. 

We have to wait. 

### DSP media playing. Where is my RPG7?

• Like 3

This is odd... shouldn't an official statement be based on actual FACTS - "Nicole has REVEALED that she has NO INTENTION of renewing her contract with DSP..." but now, DSP says "For Nicole, she has not shown us ANY response regarding the contract renewal. So, we are assuming her contract will expire in January."  So the people in the company do not communicate with each other? They distort each others' words for media play?        This is too much isn't it? What's there to stir? The girls are doing well so why start all these again... weird!  :gemangry: If this is a way to test how the fans will react if nicole and jing did not renew the contract, then it's obviously a lousy strategy. And if they want to put pressure on the two to renew... it may backfire! DSP really need to sit down and think before they act!

• Like 1

I dont agree with some   

This is odd... shouldn't an official statement be based on actual FACTS - "Nicole has REVEALED that she has NO INTENTION of renewing her contract with DSP..." but now, DSP says "For Nicole, she has not shown us ANY response regarding the contract renewal. So, we are assuming her contract will expire in January."  So the people in the company do not communicate with each other? They distort each others' words for media play?

This is too much isn't it? What's there to stir? The girls are doing well so why start all these again... weird!  :gemangry:

I'm ### right now. Its understandable if Cole herself said firmly that she will leave Kara but this is just ridiculous. How we should react to this!!! If this is really true, I guess all of them should really leave DSP. They trying to get rid of Cole and maybe tried to persuade Jing to stay and then most probably will replace Cole too.Ridiculous.....

Also I'm not really agree that we blame Nicole's mom on this matter. Nicole is a big girl already. If its true that she 

discussed this matter before with her mom,in the end its her decision what she want to do. Plus,Cole is super close with her mom and she was the only one supporting her when they want to move to Korea for her to become singer(with all their family members in US) So,she has right to decide what the best for her daughter....

I'm waiting for tomorrow concert to see what happen or will Kara say anything about this. Nicole fighting!!!!Kara fighting!!!!!

Wow, DSP totally twisted Nicole's actions... The way they talked now makes it seem like they are not sure about anything... Could it be that they are trying to kick Nicole out? That would be extremely ridiculous and disgusting from DSP... If they have to work with people who treat them like that then maybe it's better if they get out of DSP altogether... DSP is being so dirty.

• Like 2

I just have this to say about Nicole's mom vs DSP. She is Nicole's mom, no matter her methods she does what she deems is the best for her daughter (though I hope Nicole is independent enough to make her own decision now). You can never say that about DSP. Anyway it's pretty obvious what DPS is playing at, and they best hope it doesn't blow up in their faces in the end. Personally if I were Nicole or any of the other girls, this incident would just help me make up my mind not to renew the contract with DSP, if I haven't already done so.