HOT ISSUE : KARA Contract Renewal

edr49890

Aother translation, credit to the owner

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rpf9mo

That's a low blow from DSP to announce it like that, but if Nicole is the only one having this issue what about the other girls? I kinda wish they could speak out on it but from what I've seen, not just now other groups as well, but a lot of them rarely have each others backs during these issues. And it's sad to see but if one has a problem with it while someone else doesn't then what to do.

I don't think it's like the girls don't care about Nicole and this issue, I think it's more like they are being cautious about it and taking care of nicole, so that's why they haven't actually said anything yet, because we have seen nothing from any of the girls on these past days, until today coming from Nicole herself

• Like 1

It's impossible, DSP does not want Nicole anymore, not with that kind of contract :/ ...

Yeah, I think lots of Kamilia are being really delusional....I don't mean to be harsh, but that's just how it is. Lots of outsiders are seeing this for what it really is....I've been to other kpop forums/blogs and they don't really have this "DSP is at fault" "Kara should leave DSP" attitude that is being spread on most KARA boards. Free agency is basically impossible. No company is going to pay a fee to another company to allow you to promote as a member of the other companies group....

Basically Nicole wants to go solo. DSP was RIGHT in that she didn't want to renew her contract so those saying DSP was being sneaky...this is what I mean by it being business. They aren't trying to 'force" her into anything...they just want people to know that it was HER decision to leave. It's honestly fine that she wants to go solo, but for me...just say that. Don't beat around the bush and try to play both sides of the field. 

She and DSP haven't been on good terms since the first incident so it makes sense that this would happen. I don't see why people want KARA to leave DSP...I think the sense the other companies are so much better is really delusional. All artist struggle with getting funding and promotion, not just KARA and not just because of DSP. KARA has to sell themselves too...DSP has done a bunch for them. And again, Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara have NO reason to leave so why would they? Why would they leave DSP for KARA when Nicole really doesn't even want to be in KARA anymore? How can you persue a solo career and still be in a group. Here in America we had a group like that...Destiny's Child...see how that worked out? I can't work....it's impossible this request from Nicole. 

I dont think DSP is holding Jiyoung "hostage" either...honesty we need to keep thinking rationally...don't let emotions blind you to the facts...

• Like 2

I dont think DSP is holding Jiyoung "hostage" either...honesty we need to keep thinking rationally...don't let emotions blind you to the facts...

I agree with the above.

I rarely post, but this is a defining moment for Kara.  Nicole wants to go solo; if that makes her happy, then more power to her.  Jiyoung wants to enjoy this special time in her life and find more about herself through travels and studies, then I hope this makes her happy.

This is not DSP's fault, or Nicole's fault, or Jiyoung's fault or the other 3 ladies' fault.  It's just people wanting different things.

Will Kara be the same?  Probably not. 

I'll still follow along because this is why Kara is so interesting to me; they've had so much trouble and turmoil but they push throughout not by looks or music or scandals but my perserverance.

Last but not least.  I wish Nicole all the luck in the world, however, solo life is going to be dang tough; She may find it difficult to find the same succss she has had with Kara as she does solo.

• Like 2

^

Nicole and Jiyoung will not think twice or acted like that if THERE"S NO problem with DSP

I notice there's TONS of lacking and mismanagement with DSP..and i can list every each of it

for me its ALL DSP's fault 

• Like 1

i think Nicole already explain herself clear enough. She still want to be in KARA, but not within DSP.

So yeah, in simpler words, DSP sucks. :|

This is what i feel right now.

Of course i want KARA as a whole, but whatever action she take (or any other member), i'll always support it.

You know i got this feeling that for the company there, idol in Korea is like only a product to make money. Not an artist that express themselves through performance.

• Like 2

i think Nicole already explain herself clear enough. She still want to be in KARA, but not within DSP.

So yeah, in simpler words, DSP sucks. :|

This is what i feel right now.

Of course i want KARA as a whole, but whatever action she take (or any other member), i'll always support it.

You know i got this feeling that for the company there, idol in Korea is like only a product to make money. Not an artist that express themselves through performance.

agree 100% well said  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: its like they have no common sense except money..money..money in their head(company)

Edited by meAku

As much as this hurts me, I guess we as fandom should stay strong and support Nicole and KARA wherever they go. There's still time left for DSP and Nicole to talk things over, who knows? maybe they find a win-win situation, meybe they don't but let's wait for resolution. For the time being, instead of crying over this let's remember the great times we share with KARA.

KARA + KAMILIA = STAY STRONG!

^  

Nicole and Jiyoung will not think twice or acted like that if THERE"S NO problem with DSP

I notice there's TONS of lacking and mismanagement with DSP..and i can list every each of it

I feel like you are being really irrational...Nicole is thinking twice because she wants to go solo...that's basically it. Stop blinding yourself to the facts. Jiyoung is thinking twice because she wants to potentially go to school, but it's even been said that she wants to stay in the industry. No-one said she wanted to leave DSP. Nicole wanting to go solo is NOT DSP's fault. Seriously, think about all the issues with KARA till now, most of it comes from Nicole's end....not finger pointing or anything but her mom has been the source of most of the discord and doubt...and it really seems like she is playing everyone. She has every Kamilia doubting DSP's abilities now and wanting them to leave the company...but leave and go where? Why? What is this golden company that you think is so perfect that nothing bad happens or nothing goes wrong?She basically set the stage for a reason as to WHY Kara would break-up or disband a long time ago...it's just now being put into action. This whole DSP isn't good enough is BS in my opinion. This situation makes me MORE great-full that Gyuri and Hara stuck to their guns the first time and weren't pressured into leaving...it showed that the other two had really baseless grounds for leaving spurred on by Nicole's mom...imagine if KARA would've left DSP then...I don't think they'd be together even now...  

It seems like Nicole/her mom already have an idea of where Nicole will go...    

Nicole's mom isn't looking out for KARA, she is looking out for her daughter!! That's totally fine, but trying to make it a whole  KARA wide thing is silly...Nicole wants to leave DSP to pursue a solo career. The others don't want to leave...or haven't expressed interest in leaving until it was brought up by Nicole's mom...seriously, think about that. And without her influence they are staying...Gyuri and Hara never had intentions to leave, they aren't going to stay in KARA forever so obviously, for now, they feel comfortable with DSP for the future...All you're seeing is one person who wants to leave NOT because of bad DSP management but because they want to pursue a solo career and your saying the whole company is terrible? Makes no sense to me.   

Seriously, support Nicole in her decision! It's going to be hard for her to go solo....most reactions outside of KARA biased forums are NOT in her favor...lots of people are thinking she has a huge ego and are saying they feel confident that Hara, Seungyeon and Gyuri can carry KARA without those two...it's going to be HARD for Nicole so she needs us to support her solo effort...not to keep nagging about how we wish she was still in KARA. 

Edited by GooBurberrHara
  • Like 5

I feel like you are being really irrational...Nicole is thinking twice because she wants to go solo...that's basically it. Stop blinding yourself to the facts. Jiyoung is thinking twice because she wants to potentially go to school, but it's even been said that she wants to stay in the industry. No-one said she wanted to leave DSP. Nicole wanting to go solo is NOT DSP's fault. Seriously, think about all the issues with KARA till now, most of it comes from Nicole's end....not finger pointing or anything but her mom has been the source of most of the discord and doubt...and it really seems like she is playing everyone. She has every Kamilia doubting DSP's abilities now and wanting them to leave the company...but leave and go where? Why? What is this golden company that you think is so perfect that nothing bad happens or nothing goes wrong?She basically set the stage for a reason as to WHY Kara would break-up or disband a long time ago...it's just now being put into action. This whole DSP isn't good enough is BS in my opinion. This situation makes me MORE great-full that Gyuri and Hara stuck to their guns the first time and weren't pressured into leaving...it showed that the other two had really baseless grounds for leaving spurred on by Nicole's mom...imagine if KARA would've left DSP then...I don't think they'd be together even now...  

It seems like Nicole/her mom already have an idea of where Nicole will go...    

Nicole's mom isn't looking out for KARA, she is looking out for her daughter!! That's totally fine, but trying to make it a whole  KARA wide thing is silly...Nicole wants to leave DSP to pursue a solo career. The others don't want to leave...or haven't expressed interest in leaving until it was brought up by Nicole's mom...seriously, think about that. And without her influence they are staying...Gyuri and Hara never had intentions to leave, they aren't going to stay in KARA forever so obviously, for now, they feel comfortable with DSP for the future...All you're seeing is one person who wants to leave NOT because of bad DSP management but because they want to pursue a solo career and your saying the whole company is terrible? Makes no sense to me.   

Seriously, support Nicole in her decision! It's going to be hard for her to go solo....most reactions outside of KARA biased forums are NOT in her favor...lots of people are thinking she has a huge ego and are saying they feel confident that Hara, Seungyeon and Gyuri can carry KARA without those two...it's going to be HARD for Nicole so she needs us to support her solo effort...not to keep nagging about how we wish she was still in KARA. 

first of all..no one has rights to call someone BEING irrational..if you are not agree with me THEN that's fine.... 

and the TOPIC is not about KARA BEING FOREVER its just EMOTIONAL feelings and Expression.  

and first of don't force me to support what ever their decision. i'm also an individual and I'M NOT Blaming NICOLE like HOW you replied to me.

Nicole doesn't want to GO solo..all NICOLE wants is to do solo ACTIVITIES not being SOLOIST...that's how i understand..  

I'm basing my OPINION base from what POSTED and releases Articles and Actual Event  i don't  to make ASSUMPTION that HER MOM only care about nicole or that HER mom is the REAL PROBLEM because its just an assumption.

• We Notice that Nicole doesn't have much activities like other member

and I'm POINTING out that KARA is DOING sooooooooo WELL so why suddenly they both Acted like that? Its because there's a PROBLEM with the MANAGEMENT. do you think if DSP doing fine with them? they will think twice? of course not..

Edited by edr49890
  • Like 2

As emotions go I'm sure some people are flared up beyond normal so let's try to keep our heads on the level and just focus on the support of the group and of the individual, because even as a fandom their lives are their own. I'm sure the girls will deal with situation as they've always done, with compassion and earnestness. 

ibpZkd3LitbSP6.gif

first of all..no one has rights to call someone BEING irrational..if you are not agree with me THEN that's fine.... 

and the TOPIC is not about KARA BEING FOREVER its just EMOTIONAL feelings and Expression.  

and first of don't force me to support what ever their decision. i'm also an individual and I'M NOT Blaming NICOLE like HOW you replied to me.      

Nicole doesn't want to GO solo..all NICOLE wants is to do solo ACTIVITIES not being SOLOIST...that's how i understand..  

I'm basing my OPINION base from what POSTED and releases Articles and Actual Event  i don't  to make ASSUMPTION that HER MOM only care about nicole or that HER mom is the REAL PROBLEM because its just an assumption.

• We Notice that Nicole doesn't have much activities like other member

and I'm POINTING out that KARA is DOING sooooooooo WELL so why suddenly they both Acted like that? Its because there's a PROBLEM with the MANAGEMENT. do you think if DSP doing fine with them? they will think twice? of course not..

No...you've kinda been making the same wild assumptions that somehow this is all DSP's fault...to which IDK how you can come to that conclusion. Sorry my assumptions don't shift blame to DSP because those are obviously the only assumptions that you support. Sorry if I actually am holding the girls responsible for their own actions...

Please, tell me why, when you're already with an agency do you need a new/second agency to do solo activites? Hara, Seungyeon and Gyuri do solo stuff all the time, even jiyoung was doing solo things, Nicole has previously done solo stuff....Why would you need a whole new agency to appear on variety shows? DSP obviously can get them on variety shows...Hara and Gyuri have only been on 1231873182378927 of them....why would you need a new agency to get more MC jobs? DSP got her one before...they got one for seungyeon and they have had then for Gyuri and Hara too. DSP can do solo activities...they've been doing it. She obviously wants to be a solo ARTIST which is honestly really reasonable. They only slacked up because they were upset with her, but can you blame them?! They got sued for over-working and underpaying...I'm pretty sure they didn't want to take the risk with her again if they feared she would sue for being "overworked" and "under-compensated" again. 

You're seeing it how you want to see it when it's obvious what it really is. It's OK if she wants to go solo, I support her, that's what fans do. 

How are they both acting? How are they thinking twice? Thinking about school isn't a crime...if she wants to go to school, she can...not that big a deal, and again, she never said she would leave DSP to do that. Just take a break from the industry. Honestly Nicole has been the only one that has expressed great interest in leaving...without her mom's influence the other 3 seems like they have no problems with DSP.  I'm saying you're  being irrational because you're being way too emotional. 

And again, what is this magical company that is so much better? 

• Like 1

No...you've kinda been making the same wild assumptions that somehow this is all DSP's fault...to which IDK how you can come to that conclusion. Sorry my assumptions don't shift blame to DSP because those are obviously the only assumptions that you support. Sorry if I actually am holding the girls responsible for their own actions...  

Please, tell me why, when you're already with an agency do you need a new/second agency to do solo activites? Hara, Seungyeon and Gyuri do solo stuff all the time, even jiyoung was doing solo things, Nicole has previously done solo stuff....Why would you need a whole new agency to appear on variety shows? DSP obviously can get them on variety shows...Hara and Gyuri have only been on 1231873182378927 of them....why would you need a new agency to get more MC jobs? DSP got her one before...they got one for seungyeon and they have had then for Gyuri and Hara too. DSP can do solo activities...they've been doing it. She obviously wants to be a solo ARTIST which is honestly really reasonable. They only slacked up because they were upset with her, but can you blame them?! They got sued for over-working and underpaying...I'm pretty sure they didn't want to take the risk with her again if they feared she would sue for being "overworked" and "under-compensated" again.   

You're seeing it how you want to see it when it's obvious what it really is. It's OK if she wants to go solo, I support her, that's what fans do.   

How are they both acting? How are they thinking twice? Thinking about school isn't a crime...if she wants to go to school, she can...not that big a deal, and again, she never said she would leave DSP to do that. Just take a break from the industry. Honestly Nicole has been the only one that has expressed great interest in leaving...without her mom's influence the other 3 seems like they have no problems with DSP.  I'm saying you're  being irrational because you're being way too emotional.   

First of all i'm not MAKING assumption ..i'm following activities ..I'm compiling Activities of KARA and i do notice NICOLE barely have her own activities

---I gonna copy paste this one because i agree with him

by Aje and i agree with this

I think I mentioned way back in some post about KARA renewing their contract with DSP. My feeling was that DSP does not have the capability nor the resources to satisfy all the girls for a 2nd contract and seeing how they handled KARA's individual activities so far this year, this has pretty much confirmed my suspicions. Only Gyuri and Hammie had any significant individual acitivities. Lots of rumors about Hara/Jing being in a drama/movie etc and nothing came out of it. Nothing for Nicole at all. Hara's numerous magazine assignments probably have more to do with her reputation as a model and less to do with DSP per se. The only saving grace was filming of Secret Love which until now still has no confirmed broadcast date.

So we have some girls who were pretty much busy the whole year and then the others who were just waiting around for the group activities and have nothing to do for half of the year. Putting aside whether DSP won't or can't let Nicole have individual activities and further herself as an artist, the fact is they didn't. If that is the case, I think Nicole's reasoning and position is absolutely understandable. Let her sign with another company for her solo activities and sign with DSP for group activities. Why tie her down at DSP when she can maximize her time and financial gain with this arrangement. It's not like DSP will get anything for her solo activities since she doesn't have any to begin with at DSP. Worse, if they burn the bridge with Nicole, then the profits they would be getting from KARA activities will be affected. Also with Jing on the fence about renewing the contract, how they handle Nicole's case will probably be a determinant to her renewal as well. If both of them leave, the chances of DSP getting a good Japanese contract with UMJ is near to impossible, nor with any Japanese label for that matter. NOW that will really affect DSP's bottom line.

Also if they don't allow a separate group/solo contract, I can only view this as DSP only wanting to tie down Nicole to KARA at their own convenience because they cannot even get their act together to coordinate with another company for group and solo activities. Now come on, all the girls of KARA have already earned you so much over the last 7 years, and are the only thing that has pushed you back from total irrelevancy. They at least deserve to decide how they want to maximize the usage of their time and talent, and it's not like Nicole wants out of KARA. DSP should find a way of compromising here, instead of releasing information while still mid-negotiation which is really unprofessional I should say. Is this a case of "what I can't have no one else can", where they are trying to put the blame of KARA eventually not being complete on Nicole alone, thus ruining her reputation? Are they telling Nicole that they want her out of the group? Or are they trying to pressurize Nicole to sign an exclusive contract with them? In any case none of these reasons paint a good picture of DSP

• Like 4

shared by noviechubby

DSP says Nicole Has Not Discussed Her Future Plans with the Agency

http://mwave.interes...n/article/47593

Amongst the issues of Kara's future, Nicole's Twitter personal statement has caught the eyes of onlookers, including DSP Media. 

Nicole posted on her Twitter, saying that she still wanted to promote as a Kara member. She added in the case that the said scenario does not work out, she will focus on her personal activities, surprising the four other members of Kara as well as DSP Media. 

47593002.jpg

On October 7, DSP Media spoke with enews saying, "We read what she wrote, but it was something Nicole posted personally. She did not discuss with us about it." 

The agency added, "So, everything concerning Nicole's future with Kara is unknown."

Nicole has stated that she has no intentions of re-signing with DSP Media. Her current contract ends on January of 2014, so it became known that she will leave the group. 

DSP Media also officially announced this news, saying, "Even if a member leaves the group, Kara will continue to promote in Korea and abroad without disbandment." The agency put out the possibility that Kang Ji Young may depart from the group as well. 

Then on October 6, Nicole posted something on her personal twitter, sending a twist to the current situation. She wrote, "I began as a Kara member and I want to end as a Kara member," and "I believe that my renewal issue with DSP is not as a Kara member but as an article. Although I won't be an artist with my company, I believe I can search for a solution to staying with the group I've been with all this time."

She added, "I still have a lot of goals. So while I do my best with Kara promotions, I also want to work on creating a new me. In order to do that, I believe I need to spend more time and effort on myself. So I decided not to re-sign with DSP so that I can invest in my future," and "But if everyone and representatives of Kara don't agree with me and think this is impossible, then I will return as one person named Jung Nicole."

Through these words, Nicole showed hope of participating in both Kara promotions as well as personal ones. 

However, whether or not DSP Media will accept Nicole's hopes of achieving two things is still unknown. People are wondering if DSP Media and Nicole will come to a consensus of her just performing with Kara. 

Photo Credit: enews DB

Edited by edr49890

^  

I don't really agree.  I fully understand Jiyoung's issues, she's young, has some money and wants to enjoy her whatever fond memories of her youth that she can.

Obviously this is korean style management where the acts/performers/artists don't receive American styles money/privileges for better or for worse.  I think Nicole just thinks that 6 years has been enough and she wants to go solo which means less dependent on others, possibly more money, and more independence.  I hope this works for her, but the solo route is a tough one.

I don't really agree.  I fully understand Jiyoung's issues, she's young, has some money and wants to enjoy her whatever fond memories of her youth that she can.  

Obviously this is korean style management where the acts/performers/artists don't receive American styles money/privileges for better or for worse.  I think Nicole just thinks that 6 years has been enough and she wants to go solo which means less dependent on others, possibly more money, and more independence.  I hope this works for her, but the solo route is a tough one.

Agree or disagree i explain enough above...so better read my reply... above that's all

chnging company doesnt mean she's wanna go solo, she's just looking for better management thats all :) n agree to edr, we stop here :D

btw, maybe mod can change the title to a proper one? it's not about "Karasia", not "today", and not "unconfirmed"

I know. From yesterday until today, & I'm thinking about a proper title. & just a few minutes ago I was thinking what to call it.

btw, maybe mod can change the title to a proper one? it's not about "Karasia", not "today", and not "unconfirmed"

It should be better if someone ask me first ..before the mods ..because i'm willing to change it...since i'm the OP..anywa..just saying since the title already changed 

• Like 2

If Nicole really do not wish to sign on with DSP, then I definitely hope that what she tweeted will come true. But to be honest, it will be difficult especially for activities in Japan. For Korea, it may work out since KARA is only releasing 1 album per year but for Japan they need to promote quite a number of times, it will be difficult for her new company to accomodate.  

Furthermore, Nicole will be earning lesser than the other members for KARA's activities since her new company will definitely take a cut as well. Her new company may also want her to do other activities that may clash with KARA's activities.  

In the end, it is up to whether DSP can accept Nicole leaving but continuing with KARA and how far her new company is willing to accomodate to KARA's activities.

You need to get it out of your head that Nicole wants to go solo. She didn't say that she wanted to go solo. What she wanted is she wanted more individual activities and grow as an individual while being a Kara member. That's different from going solo. She felt that maybe going with another company for her individual management will help that while staying as a KARA member for the group activities.

If you read her post very carefully, what she is saying is that she will resort to leaving the company so that she can grow as an individual (meaning the company is not helping her). When KARA is a group that brings in over $20 to $30 million a year to the company, this does not make sense. Why is the company neglecting her, just because they hate her mother?

Furthermore, you should read below what edr quoted from Aje's comment from AKP. That is the most astute comments I read about this whole issue.  

Nicole hardly had any individual activities the past year. Have you seen her in any variety shows by herself last year? I didn't except the music show. That's a management issue. And it's not really about the money. You don't make much money from going on MC'ing job or the variety shows. But, you get exposure. That's important. She hardly had any individual exposure.

Do you know that right now there are several chaebol corporations in a sh*t load of troubles because of the management issues? One is definitely going to go "공중분해" break up. All because the CEO was a moron. He loaded the company up with so much debt and with the down turn of the economy, they are having loads of issues. They even sold CP's (commercial paper) to the retail investors via their own securities company a week before them filing for court managed protection.  

There are so much more stuff there but will take an essay to explain. What I am trying to say is that in this instance, the issue with Nicole, is definitely a management problem. It exacerbated when the CEO went coma and his wife took interim CEO responsibility. And that's why we had the 2011 KARA incident. And it's obvious the trouble has been simmering still.  

Also, if you can read the Korean blogs and forums, there are aplenty of comments about how the fans feel about DSP. They think the agency is a major moronic company. They know much more than you do about the situation at the company. They live in Korea.      

First of all i'm not MAKING assumption ..i'm following activities ..I'm compiling Activities of KARA and i do notice NICOLE barely have her own activities

---I gonna copy paste this one because i agree with him

by Aje and i agree with this

I think I mentioned way back in some post about KARA renewing their contract with DSP. My feeling was that DSP does not have the capability nor the resources to satisfy all the girls for a 2nd contract and seeing how they handled KARA's individual activities so far this year, this has pretty much confirmed my suspicions. Only Gyuri and Hammie had any significant individual acitivities. Lots of rumors about Hara/Jing being in a drama/movie etc and nothing came out of it. Nothing for Nicole at all. Hara's numerous magazine assignments probably have more to do with her reputation as a model and less to do with DSP per se. The only saving grace was filming of Secret Love which until now still has no confirmed broadcast date.

So we have some girls who were pretty much busy the whole year and then the others who were just waiting around for the group activities and have nothing to do for half of the year. Putting aside whether DSP won't or can't let Nicole have individual activities and further herself as an artist, the fact is they didn't. If that is the case, I think Nicole's reasoning and position is absolutely understandable. Let her sign with another company for her solo activities and sign with DSP for group activities. Why tie her down at DSP when she can maximize her time and financial gain with this arrangement. It's not like DSP will get anything for her solo activities since she doesn't have any to begin with at DSP. Worse, if they burn the bridge with Nicole, then the profits they would be getting from KARA activities will be affected. Also with Jing on the fence about renewing the contract, how they handle Nicole's case will probably be a determinant to her renewal as well. If both of them leave, the chances of DSP getting a good Japanese contract with UMJ is near to impossible, nor with any Japanese label for that matter. NOW that will really affect DSP's bottom line.

Also if they don't allow a separate group/solo contract, I can only view this as DSP only wanting to tie down Nicole to KARA at their own convenience because they cannot even get their act together to coordinate with another company for group and solo activities. Now come on, all the girls of KARA have already earned you so much over the last 7 years, and are the only thing that has pushed you back from total irrelevancy. They at least deserve to decide how they want to maximize the usage of their time and talent, and it's not like Nicole wants out of KARA. DSP should find a way of compromising here, instead of releasing information while still mid-negotiation which is really unprofessional I should say. Is this a case of "what I can't have no one else can", where they are trying to put the blame of KARA eventually not being complete on Nicole alone, thus ruining her reputation? Are they telling Nicole that they want her out of the group? Or are they trying to pressurize Nicole to sign an exclusive contract with them? In any case none of these reasons paint a good picture of DSP

This is a good comment from Aje.

Edited by ultraman88
  • Like 3