HOT ISSUE : KARA Contract Renewal

edr49890

Even IF (that's a big fat IF) Nicole was being too demanding or was being ungrateful, it doesn't matter.  It is the company's job to settle disputes and come to an agreement to better both the artist and the company's profits.  I can't see where DSP will benefit if they don't let Cole go solo with another company.  Losing a member of a group will never be the same, and Kara is the bread winner for DSP.  Aje really said it well.  It's not like DSP will lose anything if she signs with someone else for solo activities since DSP isn't giving her any solo activities anyways.  I think they're just playing their power card, and Nicole isn't going to fold.

• Like 2

You need to get it out of your head that Nicole wants to go solo. She didn't say that she wanted to go solo. What she wanted is she wanted more individual activities and grow as an individual while being a Kara member. That's different from going solo. She felt that maybe going with another company for her individual management will help that while staying as a KARA member for the group activities.

If you read her post very carefully, what she is saying is that she will resort to leaving the company so that she can grow as an individual (meaning the company is not helping her). When KARA is a group that brings in over $20 to $30 million a year to the company, this does not make sense. Why is the company neglecting her, just because they hate her mother?

Furthermore, you should read below what edr quoted from Aje's comment from AKP. That is the most astute comments I read about this whole issue.  

Nicole hardly had any individual activities the past year. Have you seen her in any variety shows by herself last year? I didn't except the music show. That's a management issue. And it's not really about the money. You don't make much money from going on MC'ing job or the variety shows. But, you get exposure. That's important. She hardly had any individual exposure.

Do you know that right now there are several chaebol corporations in a sh*t load of troubles because of the management issues? One is definitely going to go "공중분해" break up. All because the CEO was a moron. He loaded the company up with so much debt and with the down turn of the economy, they are having loads of issues. They even sold CP's (commercial paper) to the retail investors via their own securities company a week before them filing for court managed protection.  

There are so much more stuff there but will take an essay to explain. What I am trying to say is that in this instance, the issue with Nicole, is definitely a management problem. It exacerbated when the CEO went coma and his wife took interim CEO responsibility. And that's why we had the 2011 KARA incident. And it's obvious the trouble has been simmering still.  

Also, if you can read the Korean blogs and forums, there are aplenty of comments about how the fans feel about DSP. They think the agency is a major moronic company. They know much more than you do about the situation at the company. They live in Korea.      

This is a good comment from Aje.

Please, don't tell me what I need to do....I'll mind me and you mind you. I can read and speak Korean decently...I know that on the KARA biased forums there are speculations about DSP, but that's mainly them not wanting to face reality. There are other forums and boards where Nicole is being called silly for this demands because it's impossible and also people are saying she has a huge ego. I don't believe she does...I just think she wants to go solo...I SUPPORT that effort. She's been talking about being "Hyori" for YEARS now...The contracts are almost up and she isn't getting any younger. This is her chance! She basically wants to pursue her solo career but wants the cushion of Kara to fall back on. How is that a good arrangement and how is it fair to the other girls? Being treated like backup singers because they have to see whats going on in Nicole's schedule...no, that's not fair. I rather her just get a new agency and promote as the solo act she wants to promote as. 

I'm just asking the questions everyone else seems to be ignoring because it so easy to say this is all DSP's fault when this is obviously nothing to do with them and everything to do with her wanting to leave and do something else. She's been in KARA for SIX years...it's not wrong of her to want to do something else...establish her OWN identity.  

Grow as an individual? What do you think that means? There were rumors BEFORE this that Nicole was thinking about going solo; If you're korean and read the boards then you should remember this rumor...it was killed quickly but there is obviously a bit of truth to it. Why do you need a new agency to do variety shows and MC jobs? It's not like DSP didn't give her a ton of stuff to do before. You know what happened the LAST time they gave Nicole a packed schedule? She sued them...that's what happened. They gave her a chance and it seems she didn't like it. Why would any company risk being sued again? Especially if it's avoidable. The company gave her a solo song, let her perform it and had previously done a plethora of things for her. She had a variety show before too...its really silly of you guys to act like DSP has never done anything for her...they did a bunch.

I read Aje's post, but again it seems like a lot of "Blame DSP" because it's convenient. I'm an adult...idk how old you guys are, but I let people take responsibilities for their actions. DSP basically told Nicole to "screw off" because that arrangement is not going to happen. It's not fair to the girls that stay and it's more work than it's worth. Why does DSP need to tie down Nicole? Makes no sense...they are basically telling her "we are fine with you leaving" she seems like she is the one that wants them to compromise but why should they do something like that? What smart company pays another company to rent it's artist for a group? DSP would have to pay for that and then, they don't even get to keep all the profits from KARA which means less money to spend on KARA...I don't see how ANYONE could think that's actually a good/viable option. Why should they split the profits of the group they created with another company? Please, someone explain how this is a viable/fair option. 

I don't get why everyone thinks DSP is so desperate to tie down their acts...they let all the others go willingly. They don't need a good picture painted of them. People are always going to want to be idols and people are still going to sign with DSP. That's just how it works. Nicole and Jiyoung leaving will hardly effect them getting a contract in Japan...you're essentially saying that Hara, Seungyeon and Gyuri are worthless there which, considering the fan popularity distribution, isn't true at all. It's not like Japanese groups don't disband and break up all the time. THSK is still going pretty strong and they loss Jaejoong and Yoochun, arguably the two most popular in Japan. DSP would still have Hara...who the japanese females still seem to love and Gyuri seems to be really popular there lately. 

Also, you guys are always saying you don't know, yet you always have this long list of things that DSP didn't do...How do you know DSP didn't offer her things and she just didn't take it? It's not a management issue. It's a personal one. If it was a management one, then everyone would be leaving and as it stands right now, only Nicole is. You mean to tell me that ONE year worth of solo activities despite all the other stuff DSP has done for her before is worth this? With no considerations for all the other stuff they gave her before? I don't believe it. If she just wanted more solo activities, simply put it in the clause for you contract. No need to get a new agency to go on more variety shows. 

• Like 5

(...) Nicole really doesn't even want to be in KARA anymore?(...)

It just sounds like you didn't read all... Just to note this one: (Nicole) "I started as a KARA member and I want to see the end as a KARA member"

It looks like making a mess, what's that for?

Will Kara be the same?  Probably not. 

Kara is still changing, and will change regardless of what will happen, why do people make that much mess about "Kara won't be the same"? Like they were the same for last 5 years, just easy on this

it's just about money and agreement, and it's not related to us at all, no?

Edited by lethern

I think some of you guys got it wrong. As it seems to me that Nicole issue is not "wanna go solo", "wannabe MC" or wanna work under another agency, but to separate her own private life from her life as a KARA member. Mean that she want to have more control over her own private life as a person & as a human like everyone of us.

different people do have different perspective..you can't force people to agree with you..just calm down..it's not like the end of the world..they will come with solution sooner or later..

P/S- what if it's not nicole who tweet that???what if she's the one actually demand to minimize her solo activities after 2011 crisis..(as far as i remember, she claimed to be overworked n underpaid)..what if the one receiving the interview from media is not actually dsp higher authority..we never know~~~

Edited by lahnahar

Honestly, although I'm really sad about this I was kind of expecting it tbh :/ You can't be an idol forever and I don't blame idols for wanting to have a more secure future for when their career inevitably ends, 3rd generation idols are beginning to get recognition and will be replacing the 2nd generation idols - just like what they did with 1st generation idols. Not everyone can be BOA, Shinhwa or TVXQ, you have to look out for yourself, and with Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara only agreeing to 2 more years it seems like they know this as well and probably want to give KARA a proper ending while at the same time establishing themselves in other areas of the industry (MCs, modelling, acting, musicals etc.) for when they disband. The Wonder Girls are basically over, KARA are having to think about their future, and SNSD will have to do the same soon too. There is nothing wrong with Nicole wanting to get more solo stuff, and if she feels like DSP can't provide that then she has every right to leave, but that does come at a risk of leaving KARA unfortunately, if you ran DSP would you agree with Nicole's demands? It would be hard to promote with one member in a different company, look at SS501, their agencies even agreed to put group activities first but because they are in separate companies they are finding it difficult to even meet up never mind perform as SS501.

• Like 2

Please, don't tell me what I need to do....I'll mind me and you mind you. I can read and speak Korean decently...I know that on the KARA biased forums there are speculations about DSP, but that's mainly them not wanting to face reality. There are other forums and boards where Nicole is being called silly for this demands because it's impossible and also people are saying she has a huge ego. I don't believe she does...I just think she wants to go solo...I SUPPORT that effort. She's been talking about being "Hyori" for YEARS now...The contracts are almost up and she isn't getting any younger. This is her chance! She basically wants to pursue her solo career but wants the cushion of Kara to fall back on. How is that a good arrangement and how is it fair to the other girls? Being treated like backup singers because they have to see whats going on in Nicole's schedule...no, that's not fair. I rather her just get a new agency and promote as the solo act she wants to promote as.   

I'm just asking the questions everyone else seems to be ignoring because it so easy to say this is all DSP's fault when this is obviously nothing to do with them and everything to do with her wanting to leave and do something else. She's been in KARA for SIX years...it's not wrong of her to want to do something else...establish her OWN identity.    

Grow as an individual? What do you think that means? There were rumors BEFORE this that Nicole was thinking about going solo; If you're korean and read the boards then you should remember this rumor...it was killed quickly but there is obviously a bit of truth to it. Why do you need a new agency to do variety shows and MC jobs? It's not like DSP didn't give her a ton of stuff to do before. You know what happened the LAST time they gave Nicole a packed schedule? She sued them...that's what happened. They gave her a chance and it seems she didn't like it. Why would any company risk being sued again? Especially if it's avoidable. The company gave her a solo song, let her perform it and had previously done a plethora of things for her. She had a variety show before too...its really silly of you guys to act like DSP has never done anything for her...they did a bunch.  

I read Aje's post, but again it seems like a lot of "Blame DSP" because it's convenient. I'm an adult...idk how old you guys are, but I let people take responsibilities for their actions. DSP basically told Nicole to "screw off" because that arrangement is not going to happen. It's not fair to the girls that stay and it's more work than it's worth. Why does DSP need to tie down Nicole? Makes no sense...they are basically telling her "we are fine with you leaving" she seems like she is the one that wants them to compromise but why should they do something like that? What smart company pays another company to rent it's artist for a group? DSP would have to pay for that and then, they don't even get to keep all the profits from KARA which means less money to spend on KARA...I don't see how ANYONE could think that's actually a good/viable option. Why should they split the profits of the group they created with another company? Please, someone explain how this is a viable/fair option.   

I don't get why everyone thinks DSP is so desperate to tie down their acts...they let all the others go willingly. They don't need a good picture painted of them. People are always going to want to be idols and people are still going to sign with DSP. That's just how it works. Nicole and Jiyoung leaving will hardly effect them getting a contract in Japan...you're essentially saying that Hara, Seungyeon and Gyuri are worthless there which, considering the fan popularity distribution, isn't true at all. It's not like Japanese groups don't disband and break up all the time. THSK is still going pretty strong and they loss Jaejoong and Yoochun, arguably the two most popular in Japan. DSP would still have Hara...who the japanese females still seem to love and Gyuri seems to be really popular there lately.   

Also, you guys are always saying you don't know, yet you always have this long list of things that DSP didn't do...How do you know DSP didn't offer her things and she just didn't take it? It's not a management issue. It's a personal one. If it was a management one, then everyone would be leaving and as it stands right now, only Nicole is. You mean to tell me that ONE year worth of solo activities despite all the other stuff DSP has done for her before is worth this? With no considerations for all the other stuff they gave her before? I don't believe it. If she just wanted more solo activities, simply put it in the clause for you contract. No need to get a new agency to go on more variety shows. 

You did not read AT all...that's it ...i don't know what you are aiming for ..

This is not just "DIFFERENT" opinion 

Nicole already "TWEETED"
Meaning we have "FACTS" already 

Kindly READ HERE: but if you refuse to  READ and understand everything that's FINE.
This is my LAST reply TO you because you seems like you DID not read at the beginning. 

[info] Summary & Timeline of KARA's Contract Renewal Issues

1. she wants more solo activities as a KARA member
I still have a lot of goals. So while I do my best with Kara promotions, I also want to work on creating a new me

2. if she doesn't get this from DSP, she's not renewing
So I decided not to re-sign with DSP so that I can invest in my future

3. if she doesn't renew, she'll try to make KARA go altogether to a new company 
Although I won’t be an artist with my company, I believe I can search for a solution to staying with the group I’ve been with all this time

#4 - She meant she will go back to being a private person Jung Nicole and not a public person, if the fans and the people related to KARA do not agree. -ultraman
But if everyone and representatives of Kara don’t agree with me and think this is impossible, then I will return as one person named Jung Nicole

this is what I understood from it, but I can be completely wrong
her statement is confusing  

Go here as well

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/10/nicole-speaks-out-about-her-position.html#comment-form

Edited by edr49890

Japanese media reporting on KARA's arrival at Japan's Haneda Airport. The recent event is bound to guarantee a lot of media interest, and sure enough...

20131007-00000069-dal-000-8-view.jpg

"分裂騒動"のKARAが5人で来日 笑顔も解散質問には答えず

"Breakup Commotion" KARA 5 members arrive in Japan, greet media's questions with smiles  - Yahoo! Japan

Sigh, deja vu.

by steprider

Just wanna SHARE this one

• BeautifulFighter said:

Don't know what this could be about

[cr:cashboxman] Starting tomorrow, JYJ fans, KARA fans, and Tohoshinki fans will be able to know the truth.

https://twitter.com/yunhosmiley

http://smileylovetvxq.blog3.fc2.com/blog-entry-65.html

Aje said::

Better be careful, this cashboxman is some shady guy who has tweeted false information and supplied false information to the media about JYJ before. 

Aje said::

He has made many slanderous tweets about JYJ before and CJES/JYJ have warned their fans not to believe this guy.

Here's two chinese sites about it, 

Well up to you to believe him or not.

k

I've already said my piece in previous posts but I felt like I should say this now. It might come off sounding hypocritical, and I agree, but I feel like it should be said.

Sometimes people, especially fans, get a bit too emotionally involved and attached to their favorite group, singer, or idols' lives that it seems as if they are directly involved in it. They have their lives, you have yours, I think they're capable enough to hold their own without outside parties getting involved. Concentrate on your lives before concentrating on theirs'. Your invesment on hoping to change their minds to certain important decisions in their lives can result in disappointment and even heartbreak. At the end of they day, just go with the flow. "Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, the future is not ours to see..."

Just my little two cents, well another one anyway, after what I had posted already.

Now is another fan mode opinion... hahaha... I don't get how it's not possible for Nicole to have dual agencies. Ga-In of Brown Eyed Girls does. You can have the same argument for her, why not stay with her group agency but rather go to another agency for solo activities? And besides, as of right now LOEN is DSP distributor, they have their own artist agencies, why not allow Nicole to persue her individual activities under LOEN, at least then DSP still somewhat has a stake in it. And she's not going to a competing agency but rather a partnering company/distributor. Right? Correct if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

You need to get it out of your head that Nicole wants to go solo. She didn't say that she wanted to go solo. What she wanted is she wanted more individual activities and grow as an individual while being a Kara member. That's different from going solo. She felt that maybe going with another company for her individual management will help that while staying as a KARA member for the group activities.

If you read her post very carefully, what she is saying is that she will resort to leaving the company so that she can grow as an individual (meaning the company is not helping her). When KARA is a group that brings in over $20 to $30 million a year to the company, this does not make sense. Why is the company neglecting her, just because they hate her mother?

Furthermore, you should read below what edr quoted from Aje's comment from AKP. That is the most astute comments I read about this whole issue.  

Nicole hardly had any individual activities the past year. Have you seen her in any variety shows by herself last year? I didn't except the music show. That's a management issue. And it's not really about the money. You don't make much money from going on MC'ing job or the variety shows. But, you get exposure. That's important. She hardly had any individual exposure.

Do you know that right now there are several chaebol corporations in a sh*t load of troubles because of the management issues? One is definitely going to go "공중분해" break up. All because the CEO was a moron. He loaded the company up with so much debt and with the down turn of the economy, they are having loads of issues. They even sold CP's (commercial paper) to the retail investors via their own securities company a week before them filing for court managed protection.  

There are so much more stuff there but will take an essay to explain. What I am trying to say is that in this instance, the issue with Nicole, is definitely a management problem. It exacerbated when the CEO went coma and his wife took interim CEO responsibility. And that's why we had the 2011 KARA incident. And it's obvious the trouble has been simmering still.  

Also, if you can read the Korean blogs and forums, there are aplenty of comments about how the fans feel about DSP. They think the agency is a major moronic company. They know much more than you do about the situation at the company. They live in Korea.      

This is a good comment from Aje.

well said  :thumbup: n am agree   :thumbup1: 

Even IF (that's a big fat IF) Nicole was being too demanding or was being ungrateful, it doesn't matter.  It is the company's job to settle disputes and come to an agreement to better both the artist and the company's profits.  I can't see where DSP will benefit if they don't let Cole go solo with another company.  Losing a member of a group will never be the same, and Kara is the bread winner for DSP.  Aje really said it well.  It's not like DSP will lose anything if she signs with someone else for solo activities since DSP isn't giving her any solo activities anyways.  I think they're just playing their power card, and Nicole isn't going to fold.

totally agree  :thumbup1:  B)

There is a simple solution to the Nicole not renewing DSP contract.

DSP should re-negotiate the contract with Nicole with terms and conditions acceptable to both parties. After all, there is still about 3 months to re-negotiate.

To be fair to Gyuri, SeungYeong and Hara, their recently renewed contract should be reviewed and amended after contract finalisation with Nicole so that their contracts are similar although there may still be some slight variation for each individual preference. The individual contracts, if need be, can kept strictly private and confidential, even from each KARA member. This confidentiality of benefits, rights etc is a common practice in the commercial sector between employers and employees. It also exists between broadcasting companies and performing artistes and their agencies. KARA members can continue coming together and working as KARA and all activities relating to the group. However, the artistes should be allowed to pursue their solo interests and not have opportunies to develop personally get vetted and rejected or prevented from even reaching them by their agencies. The artiste should have some say or decision-making rights. For K-Pop to grow internationally, the management companies must evolve and adapt to new changes or western practices and allow their artistes to develop their individual styles. Their artiste's personal experiences will give the group a distinct and unique flavour and character and enhance its appeal. KARA is unique because Nicole Jung brings with her english rapping, individual dancing moves and postures, sexy dressing, dorkiness and TV show appeal as well as huge legions of her fans. The other KARA members have likewise contributed in their own unique and special ways.

I hope DSP takes this new and challenging path to become a leader for the K-Pop industry by adopting a new approach, by listening closely to what their artiste want and what their fans want. KARA wanted to perform a concert at Tokyo Dome and DSP helped them to achieve this. DSP should now also listen closely to what Nicole wants and re-negotiate a new contract with her before it's too late.

• Like 3

@gooburberrhara
yo, it's been a long, long time since we last chatted. :)
i am still on hiatus but the recent saga reminds me about a fandom that always has a cultural prejudice against dsp.
however you are still the reason for me to login for the first time since last nov. i'm here to show my support, you are not alone on this.
(however i'm "blaming" you for pulling me back here. hahah)
i can't say it better and hence i have to agree with you on everything. it has been always, like in 2011, i really appreciate the effort. thank you.
i do see the need to clarify but i would say we shall not waste time on those who seek every opportunity to blame dsp.

we shall pay attention to those who are impartial.

do you expect to see something here?

@rest

human reads but tends to paint picture with what they perceive.
let alone reading off translations, knowing korean or staying in korea does not make one who knows everything or the truth.
one can agrue that official statement and tweet are facts but where are those not told?
what is fact? kara is 6, it's a known fact since 2007 but most choose not to accept.
what is fact? here's one; no one is god while some are fortune tellers.  

cole's contract is up, she has the rights to decide her own future. whether it's with dsp or not, we respect her.
in turn we respect gyulhamhara too, so don't speak on their behalf.
gyulhamhara may be wrong in the eyes of some people but who are those? people who do no wrong?  

i'm not interested with what were shared in other forums but in karaholic we respect each other.
for the sake of the pioneers who created karaholic and the team that is managing today, stop posting hate and shouting here.
it will definitely make spazzing much more pleasant. no thanks.  

sung left and came harajing. whoever leaves next, kara remains.
kara, if unfortunately is without some members, is still called kara.    

Edited by red4summer
  • Like 6

I've already said my piece in previous posts but I felt like I should say this now. It might come off sounding hypocritical, and I agree, but I feel like it should be said.  

Sometimes people, especially fans, get a bit too emotionally involved and attached to their favorite group, singer, or idols' lives that it seems as if they are directly involved in it.

Isn't this the nature of being a fan?

First i'm not pretending to be an expert

its Just pure opinion

Topic here is not about

-We should respect nicole decision

-We should accept what any changes

-We should support what ever Girls Decision because WE love them

The topic is not about Loving or sympathy 

• because i will support what ever might happen... 

The topic is about What Nicole push her for not renewing her contract...

Other KH user said:

Maybe she's Tired of being Idol its been 6-7 years already

Maybe she want to explore what she can do more as Jung NICOLE 

I said:

Base from nicole all she want is Solo activities..

the logic is..

If you are working @ your company and you are Satisfied how they treated you?..

will you renew or not? i don't know..

but mostly YES..because Human wants SATISFACTION..everyone wants it..

Meaning ..Nicole is not Satisfied how DSP treated.managing her... She never said she want to leave KARA she only said she wants to explore more about her. 

But at the end of the day who knows?..

WORDS are important that's why NICOLE tweeted us.. we all basing our opinion base from what we read not what we felt....

Loving KARA is already given that's why i'm here ..

or for the worst...

Maybe nicole is too demanding and DSP is too greedy..

Edited by edr49890

@gooburberrhara

i am still on hiatus but the recent saga reminds me about a fandom that always has a cultural prejudice against dsp.

however you are still the reason for me to login for the first time since last nov. i'm here to show my support, you are not alone on this.

i can't say it better and hence i have to agree with you on everything. it has been always, like in 2011, i really appreciate the effort. thank you.

i do see the need to clarify but i would say we shall not waste time on those who seek every opportunity to blame dsp.

we shall pay attention to those who are impartial. @rest

let alone reading off translations, knowing korean or staying in korea does not make one who knows everything or the truth.

one can agrue that official statement and tweet are facts but where are those not told?

what is fact? kara is 6, it's a known fact since 2007 but most choose not to accept.

cole's contract is up, she has the rights to decide her own future. whether it's with dsp or not, we respect her.

gyulhamhara may be wrong in the eyes of some people but who are those? people who do no wrong?  

i'm not interested with what were shared in other forums but in karaholic we respect each other.

for the sake of the pioneers who created karaholic and the team that is managing today, stop posting hate and shouting here.

Awesome post, where have you been.  You always had the best updates.

• Like 1

edit

Great post.  You sound like an adult in your posts actually and not letting your fan goggles get in the way.  We'll see in the upcoming months what this all means.  As I see it, Kara has had its ups and downs.  I rather them not add any new members to this group. 

Even if it came down to 3 members in Kara; I would still follow them. 

• Like 2

KARA apologizes to Kamilias for causing worry during Japanese arena tour in Yokohama

avptT5S.jpg

The members of KARA greeted their fans at their recent concert in Japan, and offered apologetic words for causing concern and worry.

During the first night of their Japanese arena tour held at Yokohama Arena on the 8th, Hara shared on behalf of the members, "We apologize for causing you to worry. Please cheer on Kara so that we can show you a good image." Nicole did not offer personal words on the contract matter, but bowed her head in apology.

During the concert, as it had been Nicole's birthday just recently, the members surprised her with a cake. Upon seeing the cake, Nicole's eyes became watery as she told them, "Thank you." Jiyoung also assured fans that she is doing well as she shared, "I am happy."

KARA performed a total of 25 tracks in front of 12,000 fans including their hit songs, "Mister", "Jumping", and more, getting Kamilias to forget about everything and just enjoy the moment to the fullest.

As DSP Media previously confirmed, KARA's tour will continue as scheduled until the final date on November 24.

Source + Image: OSEN via Nate
Credit: Allkpop
Shared: fantomas
  • Like 2

You did not read AT all...that's it ...i don't know what you are aiming for ..

This is not just "DIFFERENT" opinion 

Nicole already "TWEETED"
Meaning we have "FACTS" already 

Kindly READ HERE: but if you refuse to  READ and understand everything that's FINE.
This is my LAST reply TO you because you seems like you DID not read at the beginning. 

[info] Summary & Timeline of KARA's Contract Renewal Issues

Go here as well

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/10/nicole-speaks-out-about-her-position.html#comment-form

LOL ok...last reply...that's good for me. Tired of reading the incoherent jumble of words you post that you insist are facts.

You don't want to see the point I'm trying to make so it's not even worth it.

The problem is that I'm reading whats there and you're reading what you want to read.   

All the excuses you guys are making are laughable...like i actually laughed. Who needs a new agency to separate the personal life? Do you know how silly that sounds? You guys keep going back and fourth between personal life and "solo activities" because you don't know anything...her tweet didn't clear up anything. You would think that if it was about personal life, considering that she didn't have any activities, she had plenty of time for personal things...  

I don't see whats so bad about her wanting to go solo. She can't be an idol forever. 

Edited by GooBurberrHara

@gooburberrhara

we shall pay attention to those who are impartial. @rest

YO!  :hyper: How you been! Yeah, it's been a while since I've been on here cause you know...life and such. But I'm always a KARA fan. And you know how I like to make lengthy debate posts so here they are.....ahahaha.   

The thing is ....I'm not even trying to cause trouble as anyone who has been around here for a long time knows...I've been a KARA fan for a looonnnnggg time but it seems like my insinuating that she wants to go solo is a bad thing and everyone is acting like I'm the enemy. I feel like I learned from people like you to let the girls take responsibility for themselves but it seems like that's not how it's going down now this time. I just wanted to offer up a different perspective....this is what i get hahaha. 

And it's not like I don't want her to negotiate a contract, I just know this is not something 99.9% of companies are willing to do. And if the others DON'T leave with her, she's more than likely going to pursue a solo career. Why give up that dream when she's had it for so long?  I don't know whats going to happen, I'm just offering up the perspective that it seems like she is ready to go solo. 

Edited by GooBurberrHara
  • Like 1

Sometimes people, especially fans, get a bit too emotionally involved and attached to their favorite group, singer, or idols' lives that it seems as if they are directly involved in it. They have their lives, you have yours, I think they're capable enough to hold their own without outside parties getting involved. Concentrate on your lives before concentrating on theirs'. Your invesment on hoping to change their minds to certain important decisions in their lives can result in disappointment and even heartbreak. At the end of they day, just go with the flow. "Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, the future is not ours to see..."

Just my little two cents, well another one anyway, after what I had posted already.  

Now is another fan mode opinion... hahaha... I don't get how it's not possible for Nicole to have dual agencies. Ga-In of Brown Eyed Girls does. You can have the same argument for her, why not stay with her group agency but rather go to another agency for solo activities? And besides, as of right now LOEN is DSP distributor, they have their own artist agencies, why not allow Nicole to persue her individual activities under LOEN, at least then DSP still somewhat has a stake in it. And she's not going to a competing agency but rather a partnering company/distributor. Right? Correct if I'm wrong.

Ga-in did not leave NN to promote with LOEN, it was a cooperative agreement between companies for specific promotions and the girls collaborated knowingly for this far, far in advance so that the logistics could be worked out. NN just wanted media attention for creating a huge star. The promotions with BEG would help them to establish and entertainment presence because they didn't (and arguably still don't) have one. NN did not let her sign to LEON while also letting her be in BEG; that would be counterproductive because they would get NO money from their part in the collaboration and if they did, it would be a very small part. This is completely different from what Nicole is after (seemingly). Also, this was a short, term, thing. Like one or two promotions, nothing more. 

LEON is just a distributor for DSP, like they are for many companies. 

LOL ok...last reply...that's good for me. Tired of reading the incoherent jumble of words you post that you insist are facts.

You don't want to see the point I'm trying to make so it's not even worth it.    

The problem is that I'm reading whats there and you're reading what you want to read.     

All the excuses you guys are making are laughable...like i actually laughed. Who needs a new agency to separate the personal life? Do you know how silly that sounds? You guys keep going back and fourth between personal life and "solo activities" because you don't know anything...her tweet didn't clear up anything. You would think that if it was about personal life, considering that she didn't have any activities, she had plenty of time for personal things...  

I don't see whats so bad about her wanting to go solo. She can't be an idol forever. 

My very last reply..

First if you disagree fine but showing that WE or ME is a laughing stock for YOU, I really suggest we should STOP because you cross the line for my standard.

Secondly, you criticizing me just to make your STATEMENT ahead of me and forcing me to believe you, one thing i can tell "we have DIFFERENT Perspective" 

Thirdly, How can you tell that I'm "Cherry-Picker"?? we are talking about her Satisfactory, she's looking into something Outside DSP, 

Her tweet 

Yuda:
to sum up:
- it's true Nicole decided to not renew her contract.
- However Nicole still looking for the possibilities of her continuing her activity as a KARA member under DSP while at the same time she able to do other things but not under DSP's wing. 

I'm not forcing you to believe me, i'm not forcing anyone to believe me, your the one who keep replying to my post and keep making things like WE should BELIEVE you. and you said "We don't Know anything" you know anything?..that's why we are duscussing to share idea's to each other 

I already said what i needed to say in my previous reply. If you think WE are just laughing stock for YOU then FINE.. good for you.. 

I Rather to receive HATE or judgment for those who don't like how i express my opinion...than Not posting anything about this KARA contract issue.

Edited by edr49890