HOT ISSUE : KARA Contract Renewal

edr49890

very informative and for those who know japanese.

2人抜け“新生KARA”として再出発するにしても前途多难で、DSPと再契约する3人が事务所侧と意思疎通を図るのは难しいのではとも言われている。

Awwwww!!!!  Sounds too serious!!   :ahh:

Rough translation. I'm gonna focus on the most vital parts and get the best of it. But wanna share with it right now. Will keep You updated as much as I can.

Five K - POP idols during a Japanese tour. Stock soldiers and Kobe World Memorial Hall performance of the most (the 24th) was supposed to be live viewing in the movie Kan nationwide. Because this live broadcast did  Formal decision, after all the stage with the member is It seems to become in order according to existing a book. As for the person of universal Seki origin, Taiwan, the?live broadcast in Hong Kong enter the field at the country beginning, too, and Although because, this seem to be turbulent in associate?again, too; ...

Even if, but, Contract with the place [the DSP media] can cut it, I did it with [active continues the], but, as for Nicole (22), Re-contract clarifies that there isn't of intention, and, as for seungyeon (25), gyuri (25), hara (22), Jiyoung (19) expresses [over wants to think about whether you are just an inch] and cold reaction Affiliation thing. The Empress, Nicole became [i also active as KARA want to continue things a place], but  is opaque active with the member at all, and the motivation for [5 groups seems to fall, too; is a person of Seki system with].

Meanwhile, live viewing of Kobe performance is a nationwide arena tour is the most 终日 decision. According to the music function system's, which it became Akiraindeed live itself, I hear that anomaly of KARA concert, but it's called "stage after the most (in five) virtually" in the background.

The scale is also big.

Next month, "Yazawa Eikichi also live viewing in the movie pavilion nationwide Nippon Budokan live, but still. KARA 50馆前after the whole country seemed to be 60 馆前 after, a big scale than that Yazawa. Artists to be honest as a special class of "(music system's function)

Nor not say KARA side has hit the long shot of the top after short. The responsible person is commentary.

There are events of the DSP 14 days next month in "Korea Seoul, KARA also get out there, tickets Kobe performances at sold out on the same day, however most after., Platinum ticket of. Single stage this time in such a shape condition now Kobe performance , What was Decisive th live viewing is, that there is no choice limb only one to two of the dissolution or division, as well as leaving the group name KARA still "

"Universal Music" is in the N Bottom line CD sales contract in Japan, and KARA contract expires at the end of the year. "Late September, the contents Certificate of contract cancellation arrives from one of the members to the universal, but it seems to hurry actually. And to put it the other way around, KARA had disintegrated already in the point" according to a responsible person .

A universal, only "no plans at all" in white paper status, contract for next year and later become properly Difficult music activities in Japan is clear.

"Bottom line as I do a contract for example, the benefits of. Ongoing risk is too high in proportion of sales is small" According to the music system's function. "In terms of all, Kobe performance is in the 见方 见纳 Me. This de facto match production staff of the music activities of KARA in five" and in the mean.

It is said that in the road ahead multi Difficult even if you re-start it as "KARA nascent" missing two people, three people to re-contract about DSP and the attempt to communicate with the thing office - side even with the Ino and Difficult is.

In addition, it is carried out in Japan the last stage in the Present members, it becomes not only Ru live viewing ... and the pattern, local fans of Korea that could also be a new fire Species of the day - Korea. Live viewing decision of KARA, may even go beyond the boundaries of the entertainment industry, to develop the country 际问 quality problem.

Rough translation. I'm gonna focus on the most vital parts and get the best of it. But wanna share with it right now. Will keep You updated as much as I can.

Luckily, you used a spoiler, otherwise it would be considered as Spam.

& You'd better not try too hard, & just let's wait a little longer for the translator's help... as it seems there is nothing special about the article other than breaking the mood & decreasing the Fans activity.

Luckily, you used a spoiler, otherwise it would be considered as Spam. & You'd better not try too hard, & just let's wait a little longer for the translator's help... as it seems there is nothing special about the article other than breaking the mood & decreasing the Fans activity.

Why you are so offensive ..You don't even say THANKS to him...    

He said Rough translation...YOU know what's the meaning about it?..........    

Awwwww!!!!  Sounds too serious!!   :ahh:

and also your the one who's breaking the MOOD here... if you think sounds serious then   

Do THIS...  

What does it say??? Care to share?

Edited by edr49890

Why you are so offensive ...      

and also you the one who's breaking the MOOD here... if you think sounds serious then   

Do THIS...  

It says:

KARA IS BRAKING UP & maybe THERE IS NO KARA NEXT YEAR!!

That's what I understood.

Is it what you are interested to read?   :curse:

It says:

KARA IS BRAKING UP & maybe THERE IS NO KARA NEXT YEAR!!

That's what I understood.

Is it what you are interested to read?   :curse:

WHY not?  

The TOPIC of this thread

HOT ISSUE : KARA Contract Renewal

if you don't want to SHARE FINE..but don't Discourage SOMEONE who work hard to TRANSLATE those TEXT....and he mention it  Rough translation

Calm down, and now another rough translation too, from Chinese to English, and please don't believe in this 100% and this might have wrong. just really ROUGH and SHORT.  I'm just state out the main point, and not detail translation.  

Actually nothing serious about KARA, just they are interviewing UMJ, and UMJ answer this. KARA's last concert is going to live streaming at all the cinema in Japan, and somehow they are trying to live streaming at Taiwan and Hong Kong too, but because of the contract problem, they had to cancel it.

Hara, Gyul and Hammie will continue their contract while Nicole said not and JiYoung still in consideration.

UMJ say, Even if Nicole is not in the same management, as KARA, their activities will slowly reducing.

And then, the live streaming of KARA's concert is a proof for their LAST because they are streaming in about 60+ cinema which is more than 矢沢永吉(someone in music industry too, i don't know how to translate his name), this is said to be their LAST bet on KARA,

Next month, even though KARA is going to perform in DSP Festival, but in their own solo concert is the LAST at KOBE, and the tickets are all sold out and hard to get a ticket at this moment, so this live streaming determined their future, by keeping KARA name and keep working but without some members, or they are going to disband (Please don't take this serious, and wait for the english translation directly from Japanese,might not true)

UMJ say again, they are keeping the contract blank for next year/ they are still thinking whether they want KARA or not, and without contract, KARA will be difficult to work at Japan...

If KARA have their contract with UMJ, UMJ have to promote them (and because Korea-Japan relation about the island), their benefits for this are less,so the last concert at KOBE seem to be true.

If KARA less 2 members, their future will be difficult.

And then, the live streaming are only at Japan's cinemas and not Korea, some Korean Kamilias might feel angry about this, and this might add more oil into a burning fire about Korea-Japan relation, and this might have become an international problem...  

and oh yeah, got one more part,

UMJ and DSP had sign a contract about selling CD, but this are ending this year end. someone relate UMJ say, actually they received a news about someone going to stop her contract around September, that time they are nervous about his, but now they think back, KARA already have a thought of disband that time.  

I think you all know about this, Korea-Japan relation, they both are trying to get that island , somehow Japan are now Anti-Korea now, so that's why.

Edited by Xiin97
  • Like 1

another updates from tokyosports or "source close to", the mother has confirmed that our girl is going to america in feb if terms can't be agreed.

ニコル(22)の脱退が决定的となっている韩国女性5人组「KARA」が19日、さいたまスーパーアリーナで来日公演を开いた。初披露の新曲「フレンチキス」など25曲を歌唱。ニコルは騒动に触れず、「いい思い出を作ってくれてありがとう」と话した。

ニコルは所属事务所との契约が来年1月16日に终了。再契约はせず、别の事务所と契约交渉中だ。ただ、事务所を离れてもKARAとして活动することを希望。ニコルの母亲は「KARAとして活动できないなら、来年2月から米国で武者修行する」と话している。

Edited by red4summer
  • Like 1

@Xiin97 now there's another hint for china/hong kong venture.. hmhmh...but yeah ..the information is nothing new at all..i believe its just predicting ..something like assuming statement .      

another from tokyosports or "source close to", the mother has confirmed that our girl is going to america in feb if terms can't be agreed.

Its something like predictable . because we all know from the start that DSP and nicole still under negotiation.

But the media adding some FLAVORS  to the issue 

and i agree with this..  because its happening right now ..

if dsp doesn't release information quick, they will be bombarded with all sorts of reasons.

if dsp releases information not liking to most ears, they will still be bombarded.

Edited by edr49890

another from tokyosports or "source close to", the mother has confirmed that our girl is going to america in feb if terms can't be agreed.

Ah!!! You scared me when you said «our girl», I thought all of them & that their mothers said that. But after reading the article it talked about Nicole's mother only. dahaenghida!!   :phew:

So does that means that the mother is behind all this!?!  :dumb:

Luckily, you used a spoiler, otherwise it would be considered as Spam.

& You'd better not try too hard, & just let's wait a little longer for the translator's help... as it seems there is nothing special about the article other than breaking the mood & decreasing the Fans activity.

Honestly, I don't know how an attempt at giving a rough translation can be considered as spam.

So does that means that the mother is behind all this!?!   :dumb:

I don't think it's a good idea to point fingers during this delicate situation. I think it will be better to just think that these news all sprung up because of not being able to agree to the terms on both sides. I'll still wait for the FINAL confirmation of these news and will brace myself for whatever may happen.

I translated the original long article in Japanese with the Naver translation to Korean which is more accurate. It's a bit serious from the tone of it.

Apparently, one member (implying Nicole) sent a notice of contract termination to UMJ in Sept. That was taken as basically Kara being disbanded from then on by the Japan side. UMJ is taking this situation as the last performance by Kara. Even considering the Live Viewing of their last concert, the remaining issue is that Kara will be divided or disbanded.  

UMJ has no contract plans nor activities for Kara going forward after Jan. 2014.

UMJ says, "Even if they re-sign the contract, the risk is too great compared to the sales. There is no merit to continuing on," therefore, "Kobe show is the last for KARA as five member team. The production management agrees to this situation."

Edited by ultraman88
  • Like 4

imo, the first news gave me a lot of information.

some info may be predictable but it confirms certain things.

i don't believe umj doesn't have its own agenda with this interview.

@oppa

if it was all girls, then it would be easier to point finger at dsp.

i could but i try not to blame anyone (openly).

these are my thoughts:

i could easily blame dsp but it's not entirely their fault.

the other camp must be responsible too. (how can one suggest to go under another agent but to continue with kara? is this not breaking up too?)

all kamilia here come together for the girls, not their parents, not dsp.

ok, without parents, the girls won't exist.

however without dsp, kara won't exist.

if eventually cole is to quit kara, it's definitely not only dsp fault.

besides being a kara member, cole is also a daughter.

Edited by red4summer
  • Like 1

Thanks Ultraman88 ...you always posting things when its needed..      

-anyway

i found it very "Nothing NEW" and its like circle story for me why?    

1st. Its a basic knowledge for us Before you sign a contract to another Company as your 2nd LABEL of course "You Should Fix your Internal Issue first" 

meaning DSP Media and KARA should reach their agreement 1st.before anything ELSE

Its Normal for UMJ not to PLAN anything about KARA if their MAIN management which is DSP Media still have no "OFFICIAL STATEMENT" about this issue. and like what Other people Comment BEFORE. the Better Judgement will be NEXT Year Jan 2014

Edited by edr49890

My thought is this.

It takes two to tango.

DSP (the wife) xxx up by pushing the girls too much with work when the CEO collapsed.

The three parents messed up, especially Nicole's mom, when they pushed the nuclear button (lawsuit). I think it left a huge chasm between Nicole's side and DSP management, ergo the non-support for Nicole on her individual stuff. DSP was punishing her for being the lead instigator.

I think there is an undeniable bad blood b/w Nicole's mom and DSP and that's affecting Nicole. This is in contrast to how Gyul and her parents behaved. For Hara, she had no one for support. She is really alone.

In conclusion, the current situation of KARA is a result of that fateful three month in 2011. More blame should lie on DSP but there is some blame to go to the parents as well. As I said, it takes two to tango.

I will be sad for what may come in near future. There is no other idol groups that I can really like beside Kara. There is no other group like them. I know that nothing lasts forever; however, it will be a real loss for me.

I will just wait for the news of what will happen.

• Like 3

Thanks for the discussion and translation of the articles. Well we can only hope for the best...

The short article about Nicole and her mum is just rearranging what we already know, plus saying the debut live performance of french kiss at saitama arena, with nicole saying something that I don't really understand. only could understand the arigatou at the end.lol

• Like 1

First of all I am sorry for making this fight but it seems I'm not the only one to blame here.. It's the most important issue atm, it DOES  sound bad.. But what else could anyone feel, knowing that his, hers beloved band is going to break-up?!! I have never felt like this to any other band, artist, and i think i never will. No, I don't speak Japanese nor Korean but wanted at least do sth. Translations are really delicate issue, coz even a single  word might change the whole meaning. The moment i posted the rough  trans i had to go, came back not long ago. Sorry, yeah next time i won't try too hard..

And now.. Big Shout Out for ultraman88 maybe he doesn't always bring the good news, but definitely it's always confirmed, certain. I haven't learned any new thing here. It's just a conclusion of the whole issue until now, if so. Thank You ultraman. And Kamilias did You forget? In KARA we trust? I did not.

Here is what I don't understand. After the contract dispute in 2011, there was a new "boss" in charge, correct? I understand that at the end of the day he works for the owner(s), that would include the wife, but wasn't he brought in to smooth things out for both sides? If the "bad blood" between the two sides still exist then what is/has he been really doing? Of course i understand the wife would have a say but wasn't he brought in to run the business properly? With a mindset of business being the main goal, then why would he not try to compromise the situation and concrete his main income? Seriously, there's many unanswered issues here and not just the main focus, which is Nicole and her final decision.

• Like 1

"punish"?

i totally remove "punish" because i can't understand why gyulhamhara would want to re-sign when the company, which is still under the ceo wife, is that bad or has not improved. in addition, if gyulhamhara know how the company has pushed cole aside for no apparent reason, why would they want to re-sign under this kind of management? especially hara, she doesn't need dsp at all.

"punish" is a little harsh. what if i say "boycott" (by the other side)?

mind has already been set in 2011, nothing is going to change (the other side).

ps

when i mentioned the other side, i didn't mean cole.

• Like 4

Last day of KARASIA2013..

Hara talked about working hard for another KARASIA next year, but for me the question wasn't about having another concert, another tour but how many members there will be 5, 4 or 3? I said that I wouldn't think about it until January though I can't help but wonder what is going to happen.

No, actually I already got an idea since it seems pretty much decided from Nicole/Nicole's mom side that what they want is a contract with another company for her solo activities and a group one for Kara. If DSP agrees then KARA5 is still possible, if not......

If DSP can't manage her solo activities, if they find it hard to get her anything (which honestly I find it hard to believe) then why don't they just let her sign that solo contract with another company? That'd mean still having Kara as 5 which is the best scenario, for them, for fans and for profit.

Or what if it's not DSP not being able to give her solo activities but the other side not wanting anything from the company but to leave? The other side has a lot of connections, they must have something planned (a company to sign to) already. And for other side, I don't mean Nicole as well.

• Like 4