HOT ISSUE : KARA Contract Renewal

edr49890

And they wouldnt be nearly as far at this point if Hitori wouldnt have found them. Nothing to do with DSP's superior business skills. They just started to milk it like any retard would do. Isnt Kara their biggest income? Why are they pissing on their own socks? Why are they letting their golden goose get away? Because they are smart? Rich enough? Or they dont care about KARA?      

& That's why KARA made it this far.
Edited by Tomppa

while some put it wisely (or casually), some choose to use vulgar (stupid) remarks.

hence retard is also applied to one who is only capable of throwing insulting words and not showing any mutual respect.

it seems like shouting is a way to vent one's anger.

• Like 2

As much as I know that a lot of people are being a little bit sensitive regarding this issue.

but putting that aside, I see no reason why we have to use offensive words or even attack each other.

I believe that the saying "We can all agree to disagree" is very much applicable to this situation.

• Like 1

Its funny how "fans" always trying to push aside facts by making silly arguments. Funny how from all that you only managed to pick the one word which doesnt belong to context. Why I used that word was because ppl use such an ignorant answerds based on their biasd. But hey hard to plame anyone because after all you're just too sensitive to talk about the topic without fan goggles.

Its miserable to try giving criticism when you give it to community who only accepts your crying and moaning. And if your answer is wrong you get attacked by angry super fans who dedicate their lives for posting unnecessaries.

Talk about wisdom.. right.

Edited by Tomppa

Finally found a place for me to express my thoughts regarding this issue! :jyc4:  :nc4:    :gyc4:  :syc2:  :harac5:  

WARNING: IT MAY BE LOOOOONG!!!           [hide]

Initially when the news first broke out, I thought it was merely just a naive marketing gimmick by the managements to garner some spotlight for KARA before their Korean comeback. Well, now that things blew out of proportions, I finally understood that things are serious. We have to acknowledge that DSP is after all a business corporation and money is the ultimate goal that keeps the company going. Perhaps the reason why the 2011 contract crisis ended was because DSP gave in to their cash-cow, KARA, as their situation then left them with no choice (SS501 just left few months before, Rainbow ain't earning enough).    

Blah blah blah, months and months passed. DSP still ain't doing enough to satisfy all of them.  

It is true that Nicole didn't have as many solo activities as the others. To name the obvious, all the four members had an official role in at least one drama whereas Nicole only did cameos and KARA-related dramas. We have to realize that idols are often used in dramas and movies for their popularity, not skills. DSP should have tried harder to get Nicole a small official role in any a drama. It won't hurt trying. DSP have to help arrange Nicole for drama castings before she can even try to audition for one. As to whether she'll get the role or not, it's another question. I do think DSP had tried it out before but they didn't try hard enough? How could trying for years bring back nothing for Nicole but yet some roles for the rest? We should have all watched Nicole's acting and it isn't till the stage that she gets no role offer?    

That brings us to another point. DSP has been promoting Nicole as 'The America-Born Korean Member which somehow isn't really good at Korean'. Well, at least that is the main selling point of her best-known variety character in Star Golden Bell. The important thing is that this no longer works in recent years. America-Born Korean members and even Non-Korean members are common sighting in groups nowadays. And gradually, this strategy DSP adopted on Nicole made her seem awkward on variety shows and even dramas. Thus, resulting in less demand for her appearances. Other companies promote idols such as Victoria, Sulli, Amber, Taecyeon, Nickhun, Min, Jia and Fei well enough. These people are often seen on variety shows. If others can do it, why can't DSP? It is a huge disadvantage to Nicole as variety shows and dramas are one of the fastest ways to get your name out there.    

The question this time round is that, what is making Seungyeon stay? I shall omit Jiyoung's situation as of know because her contract ends later and her decision is still unclear. It was clear that Seungyeon was a strong opposition to staying back in 2011 and DSP must have gave an 'extra incentive' to keep her now. Did DSP provide the same conditions for Nicole (and Jiyoung)? It's hard to say, we'll never know. As a matter of fairness, what do you think?    

Maybe. Maybe DSP is now numb to the consequences of breaking up the members because disbandment is a matter of time. Next year or five years later? Having experienced SungHee's departure and watching groups such as TVXQ and SJ (sorry I really don't want to bring in other groups but-) with members leaving, DSP may see it as a norm. Members of top idol groups do leave and go.    

I will not blame Nicole for her desire to go solo as a young girl should be chasing her dreams. But it is a matter of fact that she has to carry the responsibility of the name 'KARA' as a group member. Every single one of them does. They all have to be responsible. It may not be a term listed in the contract but hey, it's part and parcel of venturing into this business together as a group right? Thousands and millions of eyes are looking upon you.    

Once again, I stress that I am not blaming Nicole for her action because for all we know DSP may not be giving her fair treatment. As much as we always say to 'support Nicole no matter her decision', it will still hurt a lot to see our beautiful group missing a piece. If our tweety has always dreamed of flying out of the cage, then release her. It'll do her better as much as we want her to stay.    

In conclusion, I'm sitting on the fence this time round. Be it Nicole or her mother's decision, it boils down to the same side. It can be DSP's fault, it can be the pair's fault. It takes two hands to clap and there will be no party who is completely of no wrong.  

Sorry for writing an essay-long reply! I'm glad I voiced out my opinions!  :phew: [/hide]

Edited by LittleMissKamilia
  • Like 8

@LittleMissKamilia that has got to be one of the most solid and fair opinions I've heard in a long time. I applaud and agree with the points you presented. I guess I am just really biased with Nicole in a way that I still think that it 'might' be DSP who is more at fault here. Yeah, maybe just my selfish 'ol self lol. Anyhow, we still have a month's time. Anything can happen, and I guess I'll still wait :)

WARNING: CAPS is not SHOUTING...for ME THANK YOU..

Just wanna put my last opinion about this one..

Everyone SHOULD not feel depressed if UMJ stated about they have no Plan for KARA Yet..

Please guys in Business there's always a "PLAN" but there's also called "SOP" Standard operating procedure.

Before UMJ reveal their PLAN for KARA, DSP and KARA must reach their agreement FIRST. see the process?

Its all DEPENDS on DSP and KARA NEW contract Agreement.

For example if DSP and KARA agreed to each other for another 3 YEARS

so UMJ can plan for 2 MORE YEAR contract for KARA. 

you get what i mean?..

and about NICOLE case.. I stated my OPINION long ago..and it will never change.

Nicole is a product and DSP is a seller..IF NO OFFER? then make strategy.

Yes maybe there's no OFFER. but CUSTOMER is not automatically buying your product ..

YOU HAVE to sell with Promotion (INVESTMENT) ..like what other seniors said here: DSP got tons of INFLUENCE under the table agreement.

• and also.... Agree DSP and KARA.. KARA become so big because of DSP planning also..that's one of the reason.

If you notice and watch their VACATION DVD or older DVD.

They don't just debuted in JAPAN. DSP team keep testing the response remember?

and also IF YOU WATCH KARA's SHOWCASE in JAPAN. 

They also PLAYED LUPIN..meaning ...DSP Team hava advance PLANNING for KARA..since HONEY.

EDIT: Jiing played LUPIN before press conference and i can't remember..who ..but one kara member stop her because it could be the cause of LEAKAGE ..

please Observed and watch..and you will realize everything.

Edited by edr49890
  • Like 2

@LittleMissKamilia and @edr49890

Really good opinion pieces. And I must say, this kind of complicated situation never has a black and white to it. Hell, everything in this world we live in doesn't have a clear cut right or wrong, black or white.

For this case, we as Kamilias can only wait for news and support Kara all the way. Things might happen but I'm sure we will get through this together.

• Like 4

"punish"?

i totally remove "punish" because i can't understand why gyulhamhara would want to re-sign when the company, which is still under the ceo wife, is that bad or has not improved. in addition, if gyulhamhara know how the company has pushed cole aside for no apparent reason, why would they want to re-sign under this kind of management? especially hara, she doesn't need dsp at all.

"punish" is a little harsh. what if i say "boycott" (by the other side)?

mind has already been set in 2011, nothing is going to change (the other side).

ps

when i mentioned the other side, i didn't mean cole.

This is what I've been saying. If DSP is so bad, why don't they want to leave? It makes no sense to me how people can even say that. Sure, DSP isn't the best company in the world, but what company is? Why would you resign to a company who hasn't done anything for you? 

DSP has done a lot for KARA and it's obvious that gyulhamhara realize this. Like you said, Hara especially doesn't need DSP. She just needs a manager and at this point, anyone would do given her massive popularity. If they feel like one of their friends is being treated unfairly why would they stay when they know it can also happen to them? 

I think it's harsh that DSP is basically telling Nicole to "go kick rocks' but that's business. 

• Like 2

Let's just wait and see. January isn't that far away from here. I'll just keep believing in them. I was desperate enough and losing hope before in 2011 but suddenly they went back again. If every fans know that they ideally need each other why won't they realize it themselves. I think if they really need each other like that to continue performing as KARA then they'll be back to 5 member contract like usual. I'll just accept whatever reason if they won't become 5 again or whatever the future will be. I'll be forever Kamilia and keep supporting them until there's no KARA again in Kpop or Jpop acts.

I'm just so over all this break up/contract ending issue.  Not to say that I don't care, because obviously as a fan, I do.  This is just the reality of bands.  They break up, they reunite, they break up, they fly solo, whatever.  I don't think anyone is to blame, they just can't come to an agreement, this is after all, a business in the end. Even if I had a good job that I like, after 7 years I would want new challenges and change, see if I can climb higher up in the corporate ladder and I think that's what Nicole is trying to do.   

All I hope for is that the girls still remain strong in the business, whether independently or together, and I hope they remain close friends.  I want to see interactions despite no longer being together as a group. 

On another note, I'm kinda excited and looking forward to seeing Nicole succeed as a solo artist.  She is my bias after all.

• Like 1

Well, apparently its official now.  

I fear I'll cry some tears the day her farewell comes. :gemcry:

Just wish the best of luck to our Nicole 

It's not official yet. Everything is conjecture. Wait til Kara or she announces it. By the way, can you read Korean? Because I can. All that news coming form Korea and Japan are not the official news. A lot of them are just assumptions and a lot of hearsay. So, please don't be stating as if those are facts. Not even K-Kamilias are talking about it as if it's real. They are calling the reporters as low lives that they are a bunch of low lives writing fiction.

Edited by ultraman88
  • Like 4

I will wait until DSP and Nicole release an official statement before making any conclusion regarding this issue. Till then, I can only hope that Kara will stay as five. I have to say that I am very dissapointed with the lack of communication between Nicole and DSP; after the debacle back in 2011, I was really hoping for some changes for the better, but it seems I was being a tad bit too optimistic. In the end, whatever happens, I will continue to support Kara, whether as 3, 4 or 5 member. I am sure this situation is both a headache and a heartache for both Kara and Kamilias, but guys, LETS STAY STRONG!!!! 

Edited by abcdef
  • Like 2

Didnt DSP already confirm Nicole's leaving to Ilgan sports or something? Is this not official news or are ppl just living in denial? The scattered sources are bit weird but wouldnt DSP say something already if this "rumor" wouldnt be true. And didnt nicole say at the last concert something about that being her last. Go figure. Maby this is conspiracy against fans......... :lol2:

Edited by Tomppa