HOT ISSUE : KARA Contract Renewal

edr49890

I just hope that the other KARA members would support Nicole to pressure DSP into accepting her terms. Something like "if Nicole goes, so would we!" This way KARA/Nicole would have more bargaining power. I don't think DSP would be dumb enough to risk losing all of them. Seeing through DSP's point-of-view, I assume that DSP is afraid that if they agree to Nicole's  terms, other DSP artists would also demand the same treatment/contract terms. which means, less income for DSP.  so KARA, please stay together as ONE! 

@narkara

hence any reason why didn't they do it?

@tohjinghen

if all leave dsp together, "slap" all you want but it isn't the case now.

so why don't we just move on without any negativeness?

(what was the reaction back in 2008? what happened which followed after?)

to move forward and far, we need to hate less.

"wash dirty linen in public"

that's the last thing we want in this fandom.

i expect the 2 camps to come out telling and defending their own stories..

Edited by red4summer
  • Like 2

NOO!!! i can't even imagine...KARA without 1 one of them?? what should be happen?? :'( 

well i've been know about this issue last year...and i and (we) Hope that was just a rumor, but today? it's become a true WORST NIGHTMARE 

:shocked:  :gloomy:  :gloomy: 

i don't know what i've to say but...i'll always be kamilia forever after... :'( 

*but hey..may be the new members come in?...are you ready guys to welcome her?...

*Keep on your faith kamilia...

*and for Nicole i hope you keep healthy and success with your own way"

New members? Of course I will welcome them!!!!! That is what being a KAMILIA is all about  :)  (my interpretation of Kamilia anyways....peace!)

@narkara

hence any reason why didn't they do it?

@tohjinghen

if all leave dsp together, "slap" all you want but it isn't the case now.

so why don't we just move on without any negativeness?

(what was the reaction back in 2008? what happened which followed after?)

to move forward and far, we need to hate less.

"wash dirty linen in public"

that's the last thing we want in this fandom.

i expect the 2 camps to come out telling and defending their own stories..

Agreed. These 'camps' (unfortunately) will try to blame the other bla bla bla.....

Whatever it is, we have to move forward as Kamilias, just like Nicole is moving forward with her life, and the rest of KARA with theirs.

• Like 2

New members? Of course I will welcome them!!!!! That is what being a KAMILIA is all about  :)  (my interpretation of Kamilia anyways....peace!)

Agreed. These 'camps' (unfortunately) will try to blame the other bla bla bla.....  

Whatever it is, we have to move forward as Kamilias, just like Nicole is moving forward with her life, and the rest of KARA with theirs.

hell yeah, i hope she's cute one :P hahah XDD 

• Like 1

Exclusive Phone Interview with Nicole by Sports Chosun

(Sorry, don't have the time to translate.)

But, from reading this, the situation seems it's more like DSP dropped her rather than her refusing.

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=076&aid=0002448693

[단독 인터뷰]DSP의 방출 통보에 니콜, "이별… 받아들이기 쉽지않다"

top_076.gif| 기사입력 2014-01-14 09:07 btn_original_text.gif

I'm sorry but may I trouble you to translate it please? I really want to hear what she said but google translate didn't do a very good job :( thank you.

Our Nikori officialy leaves the Fantastic and Legendary K-Pop Girl Group that was ever made on earth...

It's really sad though, we Kamilias will still cheer our Girls wherever they are!

but Kamilias shouting "Kara Jjang" would still be heard forever....

• Like 1

First of all, I'm really sad to Nicole, KARA isn't KARA without her. But it's her choice and I'm still supporting her. But I can't hide my sadness about that. But I hope she'll be fine and happy with her choice.

Now, Kamilias must send lots of love to them to comfort and prove we won't go anywhere because of Nicole and be with them until the end and after the end.

I just hope they'll be fine. :/

• Like 1

Nicole reveals her thoughts on leaving KARA

It was revealed yesterday that Nicole would be officially withdrawing from DSP Media and KARA as soon as her contract expires in a couple of days.  Nicole recently revealed her feelings on this departure during an interview with Sports Chosun.

She said, "I can't express it in words.  When I look back, KARA was everything to me.  I first held the mic as a KARA member in my teens and was well-received as KARA in my 20s.  And... during that long time period, I think there were a lot of stories created while being in KARA.  There were a lot of happy moments and thankful moments.  I started my entertainment career as a member of KARA and got my name out there, so I'm going to hold onto that pride and pursue future promotions."

It dawned on her that she might really leave KARA when she performed on stage with them and thought how it might be the last time--particularly when the girls were performing for the three year-end music specials.  Nicole said, "I told myself to calm down afterwards, but tears kept falling.  I knew it, but it was hard to accept it."

Nicole then talked about the other members, "Truthfully, many things happened while I was with the members for 7-8 years.  Occasionally, it was hard, but I endured and did many things.  All of us equally had a hard time physically and emotionally, but I am so grateful that we always lent our strength to each other.  What each of us does has changed a bit, but let's continue to encourage one another to succeed."

Lastly, she said to fans, "The whole time, the fans have been diligently running with KARA and diligently giving support.  However, I always felt sorry because I was lacking and undeserving of that support.  Still, they supported me without change so I thought I had to do better.  In the past, even when I was having a hard time physically and mentally, all of that intriguingly disappeared once I met with the fans.  It made me think that this was why I liked singing and dancing."

Yesterday was also Hara's birthday while January 18 is Jiyoung's so it appears they will celebrate together as one group for the last time before Nicole goes her separate way and leaves for America to pursue further training as a singer and dancer.

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/01/nicole-reveals-her-thoughts-on-leaving-kara#axzz2qKgUn2xh

• Like 2

I've had time to reflect now that everything is official with Nicole leaving, and it has all finally set in for me.    

Of all that is happening, I'm feeling really bad for Gyuri, Hammie and Hara.  No one has even talked about or asked how they are feeling through all these changes.  Nicole and Jing are trying to decide their future.  But the 3 that are left have kind of just been out of focused, and it's not like it'll be easy for them to have to re-adjust again.    

I just hope they make it through ok.  I feel like they're kind of being ignored just because they chose to renew their contracts. I want to know what their thoughts are and how they're copping with their member leaving.  I'm sure they can't help but feel a little bit abandoned.  

Edited by goldfish524
  • Like 4

Looks like Kkangji is leaving, too. Reading the article, Sports Chosun interviewed her father, it's for real.

She is going to US to learn acting and English.

Sorry, don't have time to translate.      

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=076&aid=0002449327

Exclusive )) Sports Chosun interview with Kkangji's father.

[단독]강지영도 카라 떠난다. DSP에 '재계약 의사없다' 내용증명 발송

top_076.gif| 기사입력 2014-01-15 09:32 btn_original_text.gif

2014011601001408900087031_59_20140115093

니콜에 이어 강지영도 카라를 떠난다. 강지영은 최근 소속사인 DSP미디어에 재계약 의사가 없다는 내용증명을 발송한 것으로 확인됐다. 스포츠조선DB

니콜에 이어 강지영도 카라를 떠난다.

2014011601001408900087032_59_20140115093

강지영은 전속 계약 기간이 만료되면 연기자 변신을 위해 유학을 떠날 것으로 알려졌다. 스포츠조선DB

오는 4월 전속 계약이 끝나는 카라의 막내 강지영이 소속사인 DSP미디어에 계약 연장 여부와 관련해 내용증명을 보낸 사실과 그 내용이 단독 확인됐다. 복수의 가요 관계자에 확인한 바에 따르면 강지영은 카라를 떠나기로 최종 결정했으며, 최근 DSP미디어에 '재계약 의사가 없다'는 내용증명을 발송했다.

강지영의 아버지인 강건욱 씨 또한 15일 스포츠조선과의 전화 인터뷰를 통해 내용증명을 발송한 사실을 인정했다.

2014011601001408900087033_59_20140115093

강지영. 사진=DSP미디어 제공

강 씨는 "지난주에 내용증명을 발송했다. 그에 앞서 DSP미디어에 내용증명을 발송할 것이라고 통보를 했다"며 "헤어지더라도 좋게 마무리하는게 옳다고 생각해 이와 같은 절차를 거친 것"이라고 설명했다.

DSP 미디어는 지난해 10월 보도자료를 통해 "박규리, 한승연, 구하라 3인은 2년 재계약을 완료했으며, 차후 활동을 DSP와 함께 하기로 결정했다. 강지영은 다른 멤버들과는 달리 내년 4월에 계약이 끝나는 관계로 가수 활동과 학업 등 진로에 대해 조금 더 시간을 가지고 심사숙고 하기로 했다"고 전했다.

2014011601001408900087034_59_20140115093

걸그룹 카라.

그렇게 3개월의 시간이 흐른 뒤 강지영의 최종 선택은 DSP미디어와 카라를 모두 떠나는 쪽으로 결론이 나게 됐다.

강 지영의 아버지는 "내용증명을 보내기 전에도 우리의 입장을 소속사 측에 수차례 전달했다. 따라서 소속사 측도 내용증명에 대해 특별하게 반응을 보이지 않고 있다"며 "사실 14일 DSP미디어가 니콜 관련해 보도자료를 발표할 때 지영이 관련 내용도 포함되어 있을 줄 알았다. 아마도 소속사 측에서는 아직도 지영이에 대한 미련을 버리지 못하고 있는 것 같다"고 밝혔다.

강지영 이 카라를 떠나기로 어렵게 마음 먹은 것은 그룹 활동이 아닌 또 다른 꿈이 있기 때문. 강건욱 씨는 "그동안 카라 활동을 하면서 지영이가 많이 힘들어 했다. 7년간 그룹에서 막내로 있다보니 하고 싶은 것을 제대로 하지 못했다"며 "아직 나이도 어리고, 하고 싶은 일이 얼마나 많겠냐. 그동안 카라의 막내라는 의무에 충실해야했기에 강지영 개인으로서 새로운 시도나 꿈을 펼쳐보지도 못했다"고 토로했다.

이어 "앞으로 2~3년 카라로 활동을 한다면 당연히 많은 돈을 벌게 될 것이지만 돈이 중요한게 아니다. 딸이 진정으로 원하는 것을 할 수 있게 해주어야 겠다고 생각해 DSP를 떠나기로 마음을 먹었다"고 전했다.

노 래와 더불어 다양한 분야에 재능을 보여온 강지영은 현재 연기 쪽에 관심이것으로 전해졌다. 이에 DSP미디어와 전속계약이 끝나면 미국으로 건너가 집중적으로 연기 트레이닝을 받으며 동시에 영어 공부를 할 계획인 것으로 알려졌다. 이에 대해 강지영 측은 "아직 전속 계약 기간이 남아있는만큼 미래의 계획을 밝힐 단계는 아니다. 다만 지영이가 연기자로의 꿈을 갖고 있는 것은 사실이다"고 확인해 줬다.

한편 강지영의 내용증명 발송과 관련해 DSP미디어 측은 "시간을 두고 좀 더 지켜보자"는 입장이다. 한 관계자는 "4월까지는 아직 시간이 많이 남았다. 당장은 니콜 문제를 해결하는게 우선이다"며 "이달 말 경 강지영 측을 만나 적극적으로 설득을 해 볼 생각"이라고 전했다.이정혁 기자 jjangga@sportschosun.com

• Like 1

Let us appreciate the 7 beautiful years KARA gave us. Let us be grateful the girl group KARA even existed in our world and time.

Let us be grateful that these girls were able to meet and work with each other and we were able to meet, love and support these 5/6 girls

For in a different world, these girls could be living their own lives never knowing, meeting and working with each other n KARA didnt exist.

• Like 5

I was really shocked when I read this. I mean, I just got back from my morning class. Its really heartbreaking that my bias in KARA is leaving also.

Here are the links:

http://www.ohkpop.com/139611/karas-kang-ji-young-will-not-renew-contract-with-dsp

http://www.ohkpop.com/139596/jiyoung-following-nicoles-footsteps-and-leaving-kara

Well, it seems like it came to that point in time when we've got all best things we could get from KARA, all the joy and music they wanted to give us are gathered in almost-finished set.  

I'm not going to call it 'the end of kara5' or any other 'end-of-something', despite what we can see here. I would rather call it a 'completeness of kara5'.  

Recall that KARA5 are people, which live in time, get aged, change plans and so on. But KARA5 as greatest k-pop band and their music are out of time and out of time-related things. Nothing change the fact that we can still get back to Kara's music or MV's, enjoy it and give thanks to KARA, regardless of whether they are married, living in japan or usa, being together or separated.

Edited by lethern
  • Like 4

@goldfish524 Maybe that's true with statistical education level, but remember that statistic is a lie. So there may be a better place for them. Or maybe they heard that from people which just say so. I don't know if USA is better than Sth K. to work as an actress for Korean. Anyway, that's strange for me too

I believe Nicole departure plays a part in Jing final decision to leave DSP, if Nicole had been allowed to stay, Jing will gradually do the same as KARA will still remain 5. But once Nicole leave, I think she may feel KARA isn't the same anymore, hence making her final decision. All this lies with DSP, and by making 1 bad move on Nicole, it definitely backfired on them. Even though I wish for KARA5, but I can only say serve DSP right for mistreating them especially Nicole, and here goes their money maker. DSP will not be able to survive long without KARA5. Let's hope KARA5 will reunite after 2 years, with the other 3 ending their contract. Happy for Nicole and Jing for finally escaping from DSP and able to purse their dreams. DSP better not recruit new members as it will be unfair to the remaining 3. Best wishes to KARA3, Nicole and Jing.

• Like 1

Why does everyone want to leave to come to America for studies?? lol America ranks are constantly lowering in regards to education and Asian countries are rising....don't they want to get their education from S.Korea?

That's right!, but you must think about their life correctly, both are  young people.
In the US they are more free for live passionately.

That's right!, but you must think about their life correctly, both are  young people.
In the US they are more free for live passionately.

sure, but i doubt jiyoung's english skills are good enough for US college. but i could be wrong

<br>                

i know how new kamilias feel because i also felt devastated during the last scandal. but since then, KARA gave us magnificent 2.5 years (Step, Pandora, Damaged Lady, KARASIA, tokyo dome, solos, etc.)<br>                

what's done is done. so i'm ready and apparently KARA members are also ready to move on to their next phase in life. i can't wait to see what new concepts for GyulHamHara (but particularly the main vocals GyulHam. i'm hoping and expecting their ballads will sound much better, kind of like songs in their debut album, "I'll Be There" and "Tear Eraser".)

• Like 6