HOT ISSUE : KARA Contract Renewal

edr49890

Jiyoung... Kang Jiyoung... Not you too :( I... No, this is too painful!  :gemcry:

But hey, if it's what she wants then I support her fully... 

And I fully believe KARA 3 will still be amazing. If anything, it allows Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara to really shine through vocals and dance. I think it'll be a new era for KARA, and it will still be as great as the last, if us Kamillia keep on supporting them. Never give up on the angels! 

• Like 1

I actually agree with that! I too feel this will be an opportunity for the 3 girls to shine. They certainly do have their own weaknesses as well ( Hara with singing, Seungyeon on acting, and Gyuri.. i cant think of anything and im Seungyeon bias lol) but hopefully they'll improve on that. I would rather not have DSP add new members though..please keep it 3 -_- 

do have their own weaknesses as well ( Hara with singing, Seungyeon on acting...

stop reading anti Kara fans comments and opinions coz they could brainwash u. the truth is, there's no real 'standard' for singing and acting as it is in any other art forms. it's just a matter of personal taste/preference. Personally, I love Hara's voice coz it's unique, husky, soothing and with a touch of sexiness. And i see nothing bad about Hammie's acting skills either. well, she wouldn't get acting job offers if she's bad, rite? ^^

• Like 3

has anyone seen this? during a telephone interview yesterday (with kbs entertainment weekly), dsp said that though colejing are not re-signing, the company are still not giving up. however there are already fans doubting and accusing dsp for play acting in order to calm down the current situation. well.. it may be, it may not. (just sharing what i found and i hope kamilia here will not see this as an opportunity to throw sarcastic remarks about dsp intention.)

Edited by red4summer
  • Like 2

has anyone seen this? during a telephone interview yesterday (with kbs entertainment weekly), dsp said that though colejing are not re-signing, the company are still not giving up. however there are already fans doubting and accusing dsp for play acting in order to calm down the current situation. well.. it may be, it may not. (just sharing what i found and i hope kamilia here will not see this as an opportunity to throw sarcastic remarks about dsp intention.)

Yes, there was a news article mentioning DSP not giving up about wanting to keep talking to Jjing and Cole. I know, it's idiotic for them. The bus has left the building.

Let's see what happens.

Edited by ultraman88

woah~ i didn't know that!
Mixed feelings again >.< It kind of gives me hope but... i think i don't want them to return to DSP. Even if they arrange a new -better- contract for ColeJing, problems would still be around...
Although i must admit despite all of DSP mistakes, i think they actually do something good... after all, didn't they create Kara, the group we all fell in love with? As for that part i would like them to stay with DSP... but i just can't trust that company anymore.
On the other hand that might be a lie and it's just a strategy to keep fans with a light of hope and not to lose them, lol
  • Like 1

^

that's what i think too. lol

frankly speaking, the only way to keep "kara" is to stay, and i think that's one reason why gyulhamhara chose to stay for another 2 years (for both themselves and kamilia). leaving dsp would altogether bring an end to "kara", i just can't see all 5 flocking to another company. all the copyrights and the friends that they have made since debut, it isn't as simple as jump ship and start as nothing has happened. besides, each individual has their own objective and knows what they want. (I think) the staying group just wants to give it a last push and then it's really goodbye "kara".

2014, i'm eager to know what're installed for them as 3, how they're going to re-organize the choreo and lyrics distribution and how they're coming back in the new album. this time is unlike 2008, i don't think they will shelf all kara5 songs. this is really the last.

it's easy for us to talk (type) but it's also essential that we still show our support when they come on stage, when they release new materials. it's a new era, a new challenge for the 3. as much as i love to see them excelling in their personal goal (like in drama acting), i'm still very much preferred to hear them singing and dancing as a group. group always comes first, for me.

Edited by red4summer
  • Like 6

I really want to know if this is how the new head of the company is dealing with this whole issue. You know, the guy that was formally at SBS. Wasn't he brought in from the 2011 incident to ease the tension from both sides? What is his part now, has he become more of the wife's worker, looking out more for her benefit rather than the company and the girls? I'm just really curious about this. I'm really trying to keep myself silent until everything is fully figured out but it's just really confusing and I guess unusual. Everything is playing out quite odd to me.

• Like 1

Knowing DSP I also think it is more a way to calm down the situation but well...it is still a small hope even if we should not hang on it. I prefer to slowly accept Jing and Nicole 's departure and to be ready to accept KARA3 or even new members. I have survived in 2008 when Sunghee left so I will be able to do it again this time because for me KARA is the most important at the end.

Edited by Solin
  • Like 1

i don't know how accurate this is, the (same) interview mentioned something about solo career in first half (of 2014) and comeback with album in second half. (just sharing something i read off from some japanese blogs. however i'm unable to trace the original source.)

• Like 1

Saw this from allkpop

Jiyoung's withdrawal from KARA may be because of a boyfriend have started to gain traction!

A Japanese newspaper published an article titled, "Does she want to go study abroad because of her boyfriend? Another member leaves KARA.." The article reported, "She had a scandal in October with Gunil, a member of the 6-member group Supernova, who is very popular in Japan."

She's worked with Gunil before, through 'Rainbow Rose' and for her solo song "Wanna Do". Because Gunil was born in Germany and had studied abroad in England, the article hypothesized that her wanting to study abroad might have to do with his influence. They've also been spotted together at KARA's and Supernova's concerts, and when Jiyoung said "I like paper airplanes", fans found a tattoo of a paper airplane on Gunil's shoulder.

The article said, "Neither labels made any comment on this matter. Gunil has also said suspicious things such as 'Even if I hear rumors about artists that I like, I never hate them', and has declared to stop using Twitter. There are also rumors they dated because Jiyoung fiercely went after him."

However, DSP Media told TV Daily, "We haven't been able to confirm the news reported in Japan. It's our first time hearing it. So far, we know nothing. We have to confirm it."

Do you think there is any truth to these rumors?

Read more: http://www.allkpop.com/forums_post/allkpop/Artist-Threads/official-kara-thread/page/1/nf#ixzz2qvaib8OL

DSP responds:

DSP denied the recent scandal between Kara's Kang Ji Young and Supernova's Park Geon Il.

DSP rep told Newsen on January 20, "It′s true that Kang Ji Young and Geon Il are close friends, but they are not dating."

"It is nonsense to say that Kang Ji Young is leaving Kara because of Geon Il," added the rep.

The rep also said, "The Japanese press reported on false rumors. We

don't have the intention to take strong actions against them for

reporting it. It was just a minor incident."

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/56438/dsp-says-kara-kangjiyoung-is-not-dating-supernove-parkgeonil

Read more: http://www.allkpop.com/forums_post/allkpop/Artist-Threads/official-kara-thread/page/1/nf#ixzz2qvauYIyV

• Like 2

Of course I don't read anti-Kara posts -_-. I've been a Kara fan for some years. I was saying my opinion that no individual is perfect and that there is always room to sharpen and improve skills. Every year more and more groups enter into the entertaining world. It's going to be a lot more competitive for these girls.

• Like 1

then it also applies to all Kara members, not just Hara and Hammie . All artists should strive to sharpen and improve their skills because there will always be  room for improvements. And yes, as the industry grows, with hordes of new talents entering the market, it will become more and more challenging and competitive :)

• Like 1

I don't think those rumors about Jiyoung are true. Jiyoung leaving Kara because she was influenced by him about studying abroad? Well in my opinion that is just lame. She wants to learn english right? So she picked a place where english is the first language so that she can apply it. You can learn the language faster if your environment is using that language too, because you will be encouraged to learn it inorder to catch up and understand it better. And if they spotted them together at concert, well do they have proof? By the time those kinds of rumors have started, there must have been bunch of photos of them together hanging around uploaded already on the net. And about the paper airplane tattoo, maybe its just a coincidence, I mean a lot of people too love paper airplanes.

• Like 2

Now that Cole and Jing left and are leaving, I really want to know what Hammie and Gyuri is thinking. Hammie must be so sad that that the group she worked so hard for is undergoing such terrible situation :( I really hope Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara can keep Kara's name for as long as possible. It's just my idea but I'm thinking maybe in future when they get older, they can change Kara into a vocal group and not a dance group? I'd love to hear them sing ballads! :D

• Like 3

"They've also been spotted together at KARA's and Supernova's concerts, and when Jiyoung said "I like paper airplanes", fans found a tattoo of a paper airplane on Gunil's shoulder."

Is this crap true?

Nope. The articles were written without giving any proof. Plus, like @LLL168 had stated, their pictures together or any other proof must have circulated online if that rumors is real :P