HOT ISSUE : KARA Contract Renewal

edr49890

From what I see is that she just needs a break especially from DSP. The company has been holding her back probably, because (based on the articles and comments I've read) she wants to pursue a solo career without DSP.   

With all the things she has done, I don't think she would give up on singing or dancing or even for Kara that easily. She fought for Kara for six years, she didn't give up during the first year of Kara (when their popularity was just at the minimum level) and she was only 16 then. She even left America, her hometown, to pursue her dreams. After all the comments by antis, media and many others, she never gave up on Kara (neither did the other Kara5 members).  

Let's just hope for the best and don't give up on Nicole or for the whole Kara5 members.     

Kara never gave up, they try their best to improve themselves every year, every comebacks to show their love for their dreams and also their love for Kamilias. Such is the beauty of Kara and I am proud to be a Kamilia. They have taught me a lot of things.

Edited by Mockingjay
  • Like 2

From what I see is that she just needs a break especially from DSP. The company has been holding her back probably, because (based on the articles and comments I've read) she wants to pursue a solo career without DSP.   

With all the things she has done, I don't think she would give up on singing or dancing or even for Kara that easily. She fought for Kara for six years, she didn't give up during the first year of Kara (when their popularity was just at the minimum level) and she was only 16 then. She even left America, her hometown, to pursue her dreams. After all the comments by antis, media and many others, she never gave up on Kara (neither did the other Kara5 members).  

Let's just hope for the best and don't give up on Nicole or for the whole Kara5 members.     

Kara never gave up, they try their best to improve themselves every year, every comebacks to show their love for their dreams and also their love for Kamilias. Such is the beauty of Kara and I am proud to be a Kamilia. They have thought me a lot of things.

Really well said............. :gemcry:

I just know a thing for myself, however the future will be, I will still support their six like before, even if Nicole go for a solo artist, I will still try my best to support her, maybe buy her solo album or something else, KARA had sacrificed so much, it's not the time we turn our back against them, stay strong with KARA, this is our duty........ as a KAMILIA!!!

• Like 1

Didnt DSP already confirm Nicole's leaving to Ilgan sports or something? Is this not official news or are ppl just living in denial? The scattered sources are bit weird but wouldnt DSP say something already if this "rumor" wouldnt be true. And didnt nicole say at the last concert something about that being her last. Go figure. Maby this is conspiracy against fans......... :lol2:

If DSP wanted to confirm, it would have been via an official announcement. This article was a report done with an hearsay. I know it looks kinda bleak to a lot of Kamilias but don't draw to a conclusion until you hear it officially through DSP or Nicole's mouth. Many K-Kamilias think that article was a joke.

• Like 2

Its funny how "fans" always trying to push aside facts by making silly arguments. Funny how from all that you only managed to pick the one word which doesnt belong to context. Why I used that word was because ppl use such an ignorant answerds based on their biasd. But hey hard to plame anyone because after all you're just too sensitive to talk about the topic without fan goggles.

Its miserable to try giving criticism when you give it to community who only accepts your crying and moaning. And if your answer is wrong you get attacked by angry super fans who dedicate their lives for posting unnecessaries.

Talk about wisdom.. right.

This is a difficult moment for many Kamilias especially the one who has been dedicated to Kara ever since Kara4.

To express your emotions is not wrong but please be polite. I understand your rage against DSP but let's remain peaceful watch after the words we use and the way we express to not lead to bigger fights even among the fans.

All we can do now is to hope for the best for all Kara members and to me personally, I don't care much anymore about DSP because currently I am questioning their methods in taking care of Kara. I'm not part of the company hence I don't exactly know their system, so I don't want to judge too much.

But as for you, just try to express your emotions in a better way, we are all humans here and we can be sensitive. Like I said before, this is a difficult time for many of us.

• Like 3

I know Nicole has no passion in singing or dancing or continuing KARA anymore.

It seems you probably don't know Nicole too well if that's what you think.

This is a sensitive time for fans. When posting comments, be aware of that.

I think at this point we can only support whatever decision the members make, and just be happy with all the memories KARA has given us over the years.  A break-up of an idol group is mostly inevitable, so it is just best to respect the members decisions and support them with whatever their future endeavors are :)

Edited by LovelyxBeauty

I wish Nicole all the best in her future endeavors.

Good Point!

I will wait until DSP and Nicole release an official statement before making any conclusion regarding this issue. Till then, I can only hope that Kara will stay as five. I have to say that I am very dissapointed with the lack of communication between Nicole and DSP; after the debacle back in 2011, I was really hoping for some changes for the better, but it seems I was being a tad bit too optimistic. In the end, whatever happens, I will continue to support Kara, whether as 3, 4 or 5 member. I am sure this situation is both a headache and a heartache for both Kara and Kamilias, but guys, LETS STAY STRONG!!!! 

Good Point!

all i want to say is expressed by others :D  :satisfied:  

• 4 weeks later...

hmm.. so news has not reached here.. (was expecting to see some reactions..)

anyway saw something in some japanese blogs.. well let's wait for the official announcement.. (16th, if it's accurate.)

Edited by red4summer

Errr...... Actually I knew it finally come to January again, in the new year, and I'm unsure about Nicole will stay or not, it's hard to believe it leaved only a few days for the contact issue, I'm now still feeling that Nicole still smiling and singing beside me as she will never gone...... I don't know about te fiture, but I will definitely continue to love Nicole as a KARA's member........
I don't sure that the game software cancelled off Nicole or not, but I think it's a really shameful action made by DSP, it's so unfair that Nicole had made so much money and reputation for you DSP, and now you suppose to do like it???? Such a rubbish....... Just slap yourself more time to wake up........

:( Nicole, I wish for the best. It's still so hard to believe...

And I'll still continue to support KARA4. Sunghee and Nicole now hold special positions as the "seniors", as they had both been with KARA since the beginning. :) Change is inevitable, but I think we should do our best to support Nicole in her individual endeavours, and the remaining members of KARA as they continue to entertain and charm us. 

• Like 1

They Need time ... like what happen way back 2011... and also there's April Contract for jiyoung.... and also there's a chance to have nicole again.. if there's NO Assurance for this whole 6 months or year... then i'll consider NO more KARA5... by STRONG BELIEVER ..but not justin beiber .. hehe Stay Strong and i'm Hoping for 2 comeback for KARA this year.. like LUPIN and JUMPING era ..2010

he dit not Renew her contract ... but there's a chance to have NEW Contract ..see the logic kamilia?? Renewing contact sometimes is 50/50 decision ... but having NEW contract is the Real deal ..so...her contract expired and not renewed ...so she can get NEW contract ..then lets think ? 3rd party? or direct to DSP?..sometimes that's what business is....

one thing is sure.... KARA will have NEW album this year... so i'll w8 for that.. yes that's sad because it could be KARA's 1st album w/o nicole ..but Lets Enjoy it... DAMAGE LADY is freaking awesome so for sure KARA will have MORE awesome Title track in the future .... but i'm hoping that DSP will make survey again like HONEY era.. that process is much better .....

• Like 2

I saw the news posted on alot of k-news, entertainment feeds...and my heart dropped. But I'm also a little relieved as well because it's finally official. I can come to terms with it in my heart... Haha, it sounds so corny and ridiculous, but it's a fan's feelings. T.T I just saw a vid of 2night from Karasia 2, and all these sad emotions bubbled up. 

With the other contract renewal still up in the air, I don't think I can fully shake off the anxiety I feel for Kara4 until April rolls around. On one hand, I want Jiyoung to have the opportunity to study abroad and whatnot. But on the other, if she doesn't renew, Kara3 stands on terribly shaky ground as a singing kpop group.  I don't see why management can't be flexible with her schedule to make the study abroad/personal break happen without ending her contract (If the other three members pursue solo activities ie acting)...

• Like 1

Exclusive Phone Interview with Nicole by Sports Chosun

(Sorry, don't have the time to translate.)

But, from reading this, the situation seems it's more like DSP dropped her rather than her refusing.

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=076&aid=0002448693

[단독 인터뷰]DSP의 방출 통보에 니콜, "이별… 받아들이기 쉽지않다"

top_076.gif| 기사입력 2014-01-14 09:07 btn_original_text.gif

2014011501001277100078771_59_20140114090

소속사로부터 카라 방출 통보를 확인한 니콜의 목소리는 촉촉히 젖어 있었다. 니콜은 "어제도 카라로 스케줄을 소화했는데 현실이 쉽게 받아들여질지 모르겠다"며 힘들게 인터뷰를 이어갔다. 스포츠조선DB

지난 7년여간 활동했던 카라와 아쉬운 이별을 해야 하는 니콜의 목소리에는 눈물이 베어 있었다.

14일 카라의 소속사인 DSP미디어가 니콜과 완전한 결별을 공식적으로 발표한 가운데 스포츠조선이 니콜과 단독으로 전화 인터뷰를 진행했다. 니콜은 지난해 10월 자신의 트위터를 통해 비록 소속사를 떠나지만 카라의 멤버로 계속 활동하고 싶다는 뜻을 밝혀왔지만 결국 받아들여지지 않았다.

불과 하루 전(13일)만 해도 카라의 멤버로 스케줄을 소화했던 니콜은 "당장은 달라진 현실을 받아들이기 쉽지 않을 것 같다"며 힘들게 인터뷰를 시작했다.

13일은 구하라의 생일이었고 오는 18일은 강지영의 생일이다. 8년 전 함께 웃고 함께 울며 생일 케이크의 초를 끄며, 가수로 꿈을 키워오던 이들이 이젠 이별을 앞두게 됐다.

2014011501001277100078772_59_20140114090

-카라와 이별이다. 심정이 어떠한가.

▶말로 표현을 못하겠다. 지난 시간을 돌아보면, 나에겐 카라가 전부였다. 10대 처음 카라의 멤버로서 마이크를 잡았고, 20대를 카라로 맞이했다. 그리고…. 그 많은 시간동안 카라를 하면서 많은 이야기를 담았던 것 같다. 기쁜 일도 많았고 감사한 일도 많았다. 카라로 연예계 활동을 시작했고 니콜이란 이름도 알렸으나 그 자부심을 갖고 앞으로 활동을 해 나가겠다.

-거취를 두고 멤버들과 상의를 해 왔나?

▶멤버들의 계약 기간이 같아 앞으로 어떻게 할 것인가에 대해 상의를 많이 했었다. 지난해 초부터 많은 이야기를 했었던 것 같다.

-언제 카라를 진짜 떠날 수도 있겠구나라는 생각이 들었나

2014011501001277100078773_59_20140114090

스포츠조선DB

▶지난 연말 방송 3사 가요 특집 프로그램에 출연했을 때 내가 카라를 떠날 수도 있겠구나라는게 강하게 느껴졌다. 이후 마음을 추스린다고 했는데 계속 눈물이 나오더라. 알고 있었지만 받아들이기는 쉽지 않았다.

-연습생 시절부터 시작하면 10여년을 카라로 살아온 셈이다. 지금은 카라를 떠난 모습이 상상도 되지 않을텐데, 이별이 언제 실감 날 것 같은가

▶어느 순간부터인지 무대에서 노래를 부르는데 '이게 마지막으로 부르는거구나'라는 생각이 들었다. 아마 더 이상 카라 노래를 무대에서 부르지 않으면 제대로 실감이 날 것 같다.

-멤버들을 마지막으로 만난 것은 언제인가?

▶바로 어제 만났다. 모처럼 멤버들이 한자리에 모였는데 다들 잘 지내고 있어 기분 좋게 스케줄을 소화했다.

2014011501001277100078774_59_20140114090

스포츠조선DB

-멤버들에게 하고 싶은 말은?

▶솔직히 7~8년 멤버들과 같이 시간을 보내오면서 많은 일이 있었다. 때로는 힘들어 하고, 그것을 이겨내고 해낸 일이 많았다. 다들 똑같이 몸도 마음도 힘들었을 것인데 서로서로를 위해 항상 힘을 내준것에 너무 고맙다. 살짝 하는 일이 달라졌지만 계속 서로 잘되기를 응원하자.

-멤버 중 누가 가장 생각나나?

▶멤버들 하나하나가 가장 소중하다.

-카라 팬들에게도 할 말이 많을 것 같은데

▶그동안 팬들은 카라와 같이 열심히 뛰어주고 열심히 응원해줬다. 하지만 그 응원에 비해 내가 항상 부족하거나 이런게 있어 미안했었다. 그래도 변함없

-카라 팬들에게도 할 말이 많을 것 같은데

▶ 그동안 팬들은 카라와 같이 열심히 뛰어주고 열심히 응원해줬다. 하지만 그 응원에 비해 내가 항상 부족하거나 이런게 있어 미안했었다. 그래도 변함없이 응원해줘서 더 잘해야겠다고 생각했다. 그동안 아무리 몸과 마음이 힘들어도 팬들과 만남을 갖게 되면 신기하게 싹 사라졌다. 이래서 내가 노래하고 춤추는 것을 좋아하는구나 라는 생각이 들었다.이정혁 기자 jjangga@sportschosun.com

• Like 1

NOO!!! i can't even imagine...KARA without 1 one of them?? what should be happen?? :'( 
well i've been know about this issue last year...and i and (we) Hope that was just a rumor, but today? it's become a true WORST NIGHTMARE 
:shocked:  :gloomy:  :gloomy: 

i don't know what i've to say but...i'll always be kamilia forever after... :'( 

*but hey..may be the new members come in?...are you ready guys to welcome her?...
*Keep on your faith kamilia...
*and for Nicole i hope you keep healthy and success with your own way"

• Like 1