HOT ISSUE : KARA Contract Renewal

edr49890

Not sure what this is about. He's a fan i think and he's the leader of a japanese comedic trio ニブンノゴ!

http://netallica.yahoo.co.jp/news/20131004-00000141-cobs

shared by ant100

anyone can translate it? 

I haven't been here while there was the crisis. But i've read the whole story and it sounds almost exactly the same. DSP - Yes, we want to keep KARA as 5 and keep up to good work (milk the money up). But how long did it take till they finally listened to girls and tried to get things better, fix the mess? The diary about it, day by day. Few members decided to stay almost instantly, most was considering, thinking if it's gonna be right choice. Doesn't it sound the same? How long ago was it? 2 years? And nothing! no thing! has changed as we see. They play with us the whole time.. About Nicole and Mrs. Shirley - remember Nicole performing at the MTV VMAJ? Guess who took part in it? DSP? hahaha Nicole's mom is supporting her best she can. If not all, then most of Nico solo activities in those 2 years came thanks to her mom, who as her daughter has a pretty good connections iwth important ppl. I'm gonna believe when i see Nicole's sign under the decision. DSP or press has never been less reliable as it is now. Seems they're just gonna milk more money by this issue. So Kamilias stay strong! Listen to your hearts. Trust in KARA (:

• Like 2

Am I the only one happy about this? I felt like, I and all of us Kamilias, had a little hope. When I read the part where it said 'Nicole had no interest renewing her contract', it broke my heart. But now, I'll continue praying and I hope DSP's verbal actions didn't affect Nicole. That's the only thing I'm scared of right now. She was supposed to renew, but because of what happened, she might actually HAVE a reason to leave DSP. Pls, let's believe and trust KARA til the end. Jiyoung, pls pls don't leave us too  :gemcry: 

• Like 2

Not sure what this is about. He's a fan i think and he's the leader of a japanese comedic trio ニブンノゴ!

http://netallica.yahoo.co.jp/news/20131004-00000141-cobs

shared by ant100

anyone can translate it? 

Based on Google Translate it says nothing new. Translate is horrible for Korean but works pretty well for Japanese. It just says Nicole is leaving in January. Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara have resigned for two years. Jiyoung's contract ends in April and she is thinking about resigning. Nicole has no plans to resign and promotions will still go on whether some renew or not.

Edited by sksjhfo

never ever believe what media reported..remember what the girls said on strong heart after the 2011 dispute???all the things reported on media are exaggerate..

let's wait patiently for the official statement from the girls..

Again, this is when we all should just sit back and wait until everything is settled and things are confirmed from all parties involved.

For a company that never or rarely ever does any media play, they chose the wrong time and most inappropriate situation to do so. Everything right now should be kept private and behind closed doors.

Concerning Nicole's mom's connections. I don't follow her mom on twitter or instagram, but I don't see anything wrong with someone posting pictures of people they know. Most of the time I see Nicole appearing on shows and the people that her mom knows happens to be there, they're the ones talking about how they know Nicole and her mom. And it's great to see her mom supporting her and actually looking out for heer best interest, But I do agree on her mom's influence on Nicole. Nicole needs to step away from that a bit more and start being more independant and making her own decisions, especially in a crucial moment like this. Nicole needs to remember that she's the one in the group, not her mom.

And I'm reading how people are saying DSP is punishing Nicole for the 2011 incident because it was her mom who initiated the issue. DSP needs to grow up if they're thinking that. Her mom is a seperate person who made the decision on her daugther's behave because she thought that was what was best at that time. The situation was settled so they need to know that Nicole is the one working for you, not her mom. They need to differentiate and not make Nicole get stuck in the middle. If anything, I can see why Nicole might not want to continue with DSP, solely because of this. She's potentially feeling awkward being stuck in between her mom and her agency.

Not sure if any of that made sense. But again, this is all assumptions and speculation, which should not be happening right now since we don't know the full story... hahaha...

• Like 1

DSP Media States It Has No Plans to Add New Members to Kara

With the news that Nicole will be leaving Kara still sinking in, the group’s agency, DSP Media, revealed to local news outlet Star News that it currently has no plans to add new members to Kara.

DSP Media sated, “With Nicole showing no intention of renewing her contract, her contract will end as expected January of next year.” It continued, “Even if Nicole leaves, we have no plans to add a new member.”

The rep explained, “Each member’s image is established and with the current popularity of Kara, we are skeptical about a adding a new member. There have been speculations that we would add a member, but considering the current situation, the chances of that is very low. We will most likely work within the established mold.”

Even with Nicole confirmed to leave in January and Kang Ji Young considering her options, the group will continue to their activities as five with their Japan arena tour, which starts October 8 in Yokohama, Japan. Kara will hit seven cities, and the final date of the tour has been set as November 24 in Kobe, Japan.

http://www.soompi.com/2013/10/05/dsp-media-states-it-has-no-plans-to-add-new-members-to-kara/

shared by @jayjing  :giggly:

Edited by edr49890
  • Like 1

I don't agree with all of them leave DSP. I know DSP may not be the best company in the world but they have done a good work with KARA and contribute to their success. But what scare me the most is what have happened to SS501...because by leaving DSP they all signed under different companies and I don't think they would comeback again. To be honest I need KARA a little more...I'm not asking 5/10 years...but just a few time in order to prepare myself to close this chapter of my life. And if having KARA means to stay with DSP who owns KARA name so I agree. It may sound selfish but I'm not ready to say goodbye to KARA now. 

• Like 2

Additional part about Jiyoung and contract

DSP Media however has revealed that “Because Kang Ji Young contract expires in April next year, she has decided to think over her future (Before deciding).” An exclusive report from news outlet OSEN however has shed a bit more light regarding her circumstances with the news outlet claiming that Kang Ji Young is leaning towards making a decision to go abroad to study. The report claims that while she isn’t outright saying that she wants to leave the group, she has however stated that she needs a certain amount of time to rest. The report states the she is thinking about studying abroad for one or two years while claiming that having made her debut at an early age and along with all the events that have occurred to KARA up till now has made her weary. OSEN claims that this statement has also been confirmed by a person close to Kang Ji Young who reiterated the fact that “It’s true that she is thinking about wanting a break. She is also looking through options for studying abroad. However, right now she needs to be working hard as KARA and so nothing has been decided yet.”  

This person has also stated that, “This doesn’t mean she wants to leave the entertainment industry. There is still a lot of time left and I think they will be having a lot more discussions about this.”  

Credit: http://www.soompi.com/2013/10/04/breaking-nicole-will-leave-kara-and-will-not-resign-with-dsp-media/

^
Funniest Report 
That REPORT article is like "CIRCLE" hahahahaha repetitive ...LOLZ 
Edited by edr49890
  • Like 1

"To my dear Kamilia," she began:

"I'm sorry for making you worry with rumors of our re-contracting and breaking apart ... and for hurting you. But I was also surprised and disbelieving at the fact that my departure and contract issues were publicized, just before our Japanese tour. But I wanted to speak my mind about the matter so I'm going to post it here.

The most important thing ... I started as a KARA member and I want to see the end as a KARA member. But after reading the articles and interviews saying that I would be switched out from KARA since I wasn't up for a contract renewal ... it was very frustrating and confusing.

I think that my renewal debate with DSP Media is not a renewal as a KARA member, but as an artist. Although I may not be an artist under the company, I hope to find a solution where I can continue with the group I've been with since the beginning.

I'm just one person. I don't think that KARA should change, or be broken apart, because of me. So I thought about splitting up my contracts between me as a KARA member and me in relation to the company, split between my private and public life.

I still have a lot of goals. That's why I want to re-make myself, while doing my best within KARA. To do that, I feel that I need time and effort ... that's why I decided to not renew my personal contract with DSP, since I wanted to put that effort into my future.

As KARA, we received much love from Kamilia and want to show a better side of us to you, but as this happening escalates and hurts you ... it hurts me too. I was hurt by the stories about renewals and member changes. I don't think that a single person owns KARA. Since I'm a member of KARA and am responsible for the name, I had the same thoughts as above.

But if everyone and representatives of KARA disagree with me and consider this impossible, I will return to a private person by the name of Jung Nicole.

Regardless of my renewal status with the company, I promise to continue promoting as a KARA member. I do, and always will, love KARA and am happy working as a KARA member ... and the group is such a big part of my life.

Thank you so much to everyone who loves and supports us ..."

• Like 1

Aother translation, credit to the owner

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rpf9mo

That's a low blow from DSP to announce it like that, but if Nicole is the only one having this issue what about the other girls? I kinda wish they could speak out on it but from what I've seen, not just now other groups as well, but a lot of them rarely have each others backs during these issues. And it's sad to see but if one has a problem with it while someone else doesn't then what to do.

shared by BeautifulFighter

[Nicole]
my precious kamilia

i made u worried with the kara contract and disbandment issues. . . and hurting u, i'm sorry. 
i was working hard doing my activities as a kara member and the japan tour will start soon, when suddenly news about my withdrawal and contract issue surfaces, i was taken aback and loss for words too. however i want to convey my feelings so i write this.

the most important thing. . .i started as a kara member and i want to end it as a kara member too. but when i saw the interview between the reporter and the representative (of the company) about how i will leave kara because i don't renew the contract with the current company. . i was very frustated and confused. . .

Contract with DSP it's not a contract as KARA only but it's also a contract as an artist. i was thinking on whether there is a way for me to be able to continue with the group that i've been together until now although i'm not the company's artist .
i'm just one person. i think just because of me, one person, kara should not disband or change. i was thinking whether it's possible to separate the contract between myself as an artist and as kara member, i've tried to separate my personal things with official things.

i still have lots of goals. while doing my best for kara activities i want to make myself again. i think for that i need lots of time and effort. . .that's why since i want to invest for my future, i decided to not renew my contract with DSP.

as a kara member i received lots of love from kamilia and i want to show u an even better me, however this slowly become bigger and hurt all of you and me too... my heart feels heavy. 
i was really hurt too listening to various talks about the contract, withdrawal, member changes, etc . .i think the group called KARA it's not a one person's thing. that's why i had the same thoughts like above since i'm a kara member too and i'm responsible for kara's name.

however if everyone and kara's representative disagree with me and thinks this is impossible, i will come back as a person called Jung Nicole.

regardless of my contract status with the company, i promise i will do my activity as a kara member. i do love kara, now and always will, and i'm happy doing activity as a kara member. . . KARA is a very meaningful thing for me .

thank you to those who love me and supporting me. . .

Edited by edr49890

Oh? What's this now? Nicole will still be in KARA? What about the contract? I just read the bold text from hardcolefan and I'm still a little bit confused. I couldn't even grasp the idea of what's going on. 

Nicole's angry that her contract issues were publicized, she's not renewing her contract with DSP, but she still wants to promote with KARA under a separate company. But DSP did not allowed her decision ..she will back to her private life as Jung NICOLE and leaving KARA

Edited by edr49890

Again, this is when we all should just sit back and wait until everything is settled and things are confirmed from all parties involved.  

... etc

I don't agree with you. This is the time when we (Kamilia Korea + Kamilia Japan + Kamilia International) should make a move. Since waiting wont solve anything, & if Kamilia wont do anything now then the one with power (the upper hand) will have his way & get the win.

• Like 1

They are playing hardball. The issue is, if they don't budge, she will still leave. That's it.

The translation has a missing or mistranslated part in paragraph 2 or 3 depending on the version.

She said that she can't renew her contract. (Meaning, there is a problem renewing.)

She said, "근데 현재 소속사와의 재계약이 안되기 때문에" meaning she can't renew the contract right now. (implying DSP is not agreeing). Hamm, Ghyul and Hara already signed according to DSP's press release.

And I think Nicole is very popular in Japan. KARA will suffer for it if she leaves.

It's unfortunate but there is a good chance that Nicole may not be with KARA anymore come January.

I put the possibility at 50/50. We will see. If DSP keeps digging in and not allow Nicole to have a split contract, it's done. Nicole has made her mind up already about leaving DSP according to the tweet. The ball is in the DSP's court.

Edited by ultraman88

her post brought me so many feelings... i don't know what to think...

And i think some netizens' comments i've read are making me feel even more confused. Yet, i think there are still a lot of things unsolved. There are a lot of things i don't understand and they're troubling me. I don't know what this means from her about Kara... or is it that the problem she's got with the company is even bigger than we think... but then it makes me think, why is it only her? What about the other members?... And then again, what is making DSP playing hardball on her? How come they are so determined on letting her go when Kara is practically their best income?

AHHH~ maybe there's no way for us to know these things, and it's probably deeper than it seems... Still, i'll keep on waiting

I'm hurting bc of all this issue, and it hurts even more just to see how Nicole is feeling sad too; plus, it makes me sad the fact that she has to deal with all this issue on her bday u__u

At the end of all, i love Nicole and i'll keep supporting her in whatever decission she makes, even if it hurts. I trust it'll be for the best. I just hope everything will be solved the best possible way for everyone. 

PonytailCanyon :

(07 October 2013 - 05:27 AM)

another report http://www.narinari.com/Nd/20131023225.html "The ending of Nicole's statement shows she has no intention to withdraw" is the only commentary here.
Edited by edr49890