[2013.10.14] Kara’s Han Seung Yeon Reveals She Was Model Student in High School

flamestalker

Kara’s Han Seung Yeon Reveals She Was Model Student in High School

Kara’s Han Seung Yeon has joined the ranks of celebrity “umchinddals” (aka the girl you’d want to take home to meet the parents).

97029098.jpg

The Kara member appeared on KBS’ 1 vs. 100, where she talked about her days in the states, when she attended a prestigious high school and even ranked at the top of her class.

“I went to Tenafly High School, a nationally-ranked high school in New Jersey,” stated Han Seung Yeon, before adding, “My grades weren’t bad during my school days either. It’s embarrassing for me to say myself, but I was ranked number one in my class before. I tend to memorize things quickly and forget things quickly.” 

Looks like Han Seung Yeon is number one wherever she goes

Source: http://tvdaily.mk.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1381724467587737019

Credit : mwave

• Like 4

I LOVE U HAMMIE <3

I know that long ago..but at least thanks they ask you again about this..

anyway

AIRING of 1 VS 100

[10/15] (T) KBS 1 vs. 100 - 8:50PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWJDkVkIIAA1npg.jpg

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWB2JdpCIAAnfJP.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/cf60bec47223780c85254c3de332214d/tumblr_mukd0bHCWT1s5x9xro4_400.jpg

:OCZgm:  :VxmQu:  :OCZgm:  :VxmQu:

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Thank you for posting 

Edited by edr49890

One of the first things which made me be interrested in Ham was that she attended Tenafly High School because when I learnt it was a prestigious school I was very impressed. I was wondering how a korean girl could attend such prestigious school...the only answer was that she must be very smart. I like smart people lol.  

One of the first things which made me be interrested in Ham was that she attended Tenafly High School because when I learnt it was a prestigious school I was very impressed. I was wondering how a korean girl could attend such prestigious school...the only answer was that she must be very smart. I like smart people lol.  

Umm, I don't want to pop your bubble, but Tenafly H.S. is a public school. You can go there if you live in Tenafly.  

She was in the U.S. with her mom for her education. Don't know the situation with the visa and all that then.  

Tenafly HS is a very competitive school; it's been ranking within the top 5 in New Jersey every year for god knows how long. I know the school very well.  

They recently had audits done on whole student body for non resident students; so many families want to send their kids there so they sometimes have the kids living with their friend or a relative's house even though they themselves live somewhere else within the NYC metro area. Some kids got kicked out.  

Hammie has a decent English accent. Don't know why she does not speak more English.  

She was not a notable student when attending Tenafly; she was an English as a 2nd language students so it's understandable. She was a friendly but quiet student. 

She was a top student when in Korea. She passed GED on her own when during early Kara days and got accepted to a Korean University without any special treatment as a celebrity (when others do get special treatment).

Edited by ultraman88
  • Like 1

Let's not forget the fact that she received a perfect score on the TOEFL.  I'm not familiar with the difficulty of the test, but a lot of the international students I work with make it sound like the bane of their existence.  

Remember things quickly and forgeting them? I highly doubt so in a way. Then again I am not sure what is the standard of "good" it is to Seungyeon. But to my eyes for someone like Seungyeon that is not a born in USA and natively knowing English, I find her achievements rather amazing. English is a difficult language to pick up from a foreign language. Just imagine you have to go to place and everything is in a language which you are not used too or are very new to you. You have to live your life each day in that language, it'll take time and a some embarassement in the way. Seungyeon is rather fluent in English, it rare to see her talk English though. I guess she also slightly forget things that unused for sometime.

SeungYeon is really a talental girl!!! Sing, dance, act, perform, and now she was also a Number 1 student in such a high standard oversea school!!! SeungYeon is too amazing than my imagination...... SeungYeon, FIGHTING!!!

Edited by TOH JING HEN

• 3 weeks later...