[2009.03.03] <SNSD vs Kara> put on a second week of fierce competition for #1 on Mnet charts

tinggg

2nb6at2.jpg

The girl groups SNSD and Kara have set up for a fierce fight as "music queens."

For the second week in a row, SNSD and Kara have occupied #1 and #2 on music portal Mnet.com's rankings.

SNSD's <Gee> has been a powerhouse on the charts, setting a record of 8-straight weks at #1, while Kara's new song <Honey> has been closely on the tails of SNSD since last week.

In addition, Kara is ahead of SNSD by 7 spots in the download ranking, rising to #2 in a strong jump.

The two groups have put up a serious fight, not yielding to the threads of the other male singers and groups.

<Insomnia>, Wheesung's new song that was released last week, was #1 in the download ranking, and rose 18 spots in the overall chart to #3, eye-ing the circumstance above.

The song is a Korean remake of Craig David's song, and its recently released music video indeed was hugely popular.

FT Island's <Bad Woman> and SS501's <Boys Over Flowers> OST song <Because I'm a Fool> each occupy #4 and #5, joining the competition.

Mnet Media said, "Starting with SNSD, then Kara, SS501, Someday, After School's promotions have created a flourishing period. Out of these, SNSD and Kara have become the representative female groups, setting the standard at the top."

Dynamic Duo's <Beyond the Wall> jumped 50 spots from last week to #18, Monday Kids' Lee Jinsung's <Sorry> made a huge jump of 63 spots to be #22, drawing a lot of attention by occupying #10 in the download rankings. Also, Sori's <Real Lips> rose 69 spots to #55, reflecting its popularity.

Especially since a card company's commercial used Dynamic Duo's song <Beyond the Wall> from their first single album as its background music, its received a huge response from fans, reaffirming its successful release.

This weeks ranking includes Nam Gyuri's <Face I miss> (#35) and Park Junghyun's <Secret> (#66), Park Sungmin's <The Days I Long For You> (#81), and J's <Sweet Dream>, Lee Sunhee's <Love...>, and Davichi's <I Caused an Accident> have newly entered the top 100.

Link: http://www.dipts.com/news/index.html?mode=...mp;number=13396

Tip-Off: Mae

Translated by: Tinggg @ KARAholic.com

Only take out with full credits. Do not add in or remove the credit line.

go kara go!! just one more spot!! :o

since Honey is so close.. like i'd be really shocked if they didn't win at least 1 mutizen award..

thanks tinggg :lol:

Go Kara, one more to go...XD

Its nice to see Honey doing well on the charts...XD

Just a little more push Kamilia, hopefully Kara could get the no.1 spot..lol

Thank you for the translations Tinggg onni and Mae onni for the tip off ^^

Go Go Go Kara !!.. they can do it .. :o i believe in them ^^ :DDDD

I really love Kara but I love Davichi as well. That is why Davichi's amazing popularity jump makes me really happy but SUPER sad at the same time bcs..well..Kara deserves this as well!!!

Davichi has won many awards, I really really want to see Kara win. The stretch to number 1 is really big but keep voting everyone!!! Kara really deserves this.

-post removed-

KARAholic is PRO-KARA, this was mentioned in the forum rules..

This community is also leaning towards pro-KARA (obviously) so if you're here to intentionally bash them, you will be banned without warning.

honestly it's disappointing and kind of disrespectful to come to a KARA forum and say you don't want KARA to excel and get what they have worked so hard to achieve. You seem to not have done this intentionally but this is a KARAholic site, so we'll be PRO-KARA here.

-mae, global mod.