[New Flash] Universal Music Japan's current CEO will step down on the 1st January 2014

edr49890

Naoshi Fujikura Becomes CEO of Universal Music Japan

By Rob Schwartz, Tokyo | November 13, 2013 1:12 PM EST

Naoshi Fujikura has been promoted to president and CEO of Universal Music Japan. The move is effective from Jan. 1, 2014.

He was previously president of domestic labels at the company.

Fujikura will replace Kazu Koike, who has served in the positions since 2009. Koike will become non-executive chairman.

Both men will report directly to Max Hole, chairman and CEO of Universal Music Group International.

“We are facing an unprecedented but exciting challenge in Japan but with Universal Music's deepest roots lying with music itself, the potential for us has never been greater," Fujikura commented on his new position. "I look forward to building on Universal Music's outstanding legacy and to leading this company to even higher levels of achievement.”

“Naoshi Fujikura represents a new generation of record company executive in Japan," added Hole. "He has already proved himself as a versatile and talented music man and I know that he will ably lead Universal Music Japan into the future.”

He continued, “Kazu Koike has had an incredible career and I'm delighted that he is going to maintain his long association with us as we continue to build Universal Music into the leading company for the constantly evolving Japanese music business.”

Fujikura joined Polydor Japan in 1992, working his way up through the organisation, including in publicity and promotion, product management and marketing for domestic artists.

Source: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20131114-00000009-sanspo-ent

BZAV6xICMAANF3p.jpg

Shared by AJE

BZAVksXCYAEUf9o.jpg

New Flash

Universal Music Japan's current CEO 小池一彦 (60) will step down on the 1st January 2014 and will be replaced by 藤仓尚(45) who is in charge of KARA in Japan. 

Interesting ... I wonder how this will impact KARA and DSP. The plot thickens ...

Edited by edr49890
  • Like 1

His last name isn't Fuji. The spellng is all wrong. This info was probably taken off of Baidu.

What was posted: 藤仓尚

What the spellng actually is: 藤倉尚氏

The name in romaji is Fujikura Naoshi. He was born in Tokyo and is a Nihon University Law graduate. He joined Polydor Records (which is now Universal) in 1992, worked in management until 2011, and was made Vice President in 2012.

This guy sounds well-qualified for the job.

Edited by edr49890

"Interesting... I wonder why AKP quote is always shared in Karaholic. It's puzzling..."

especially for an opening post, the source content itself (with a brief explanation) is sufficient.

ok for crediting but posting the actual (akp) quote is not necessary.

"quote contains words made of or derived from personal opinion. it's not suitable for opening post."

Edited by red4summer

^
But i have the same question and opinion as he is... making another statement looks redundant for me,..    
Not suitable..but its allowed....    

and everyone has their own opinion about the topic above. and everyone has their own way of thinking.  
If another user disagree about opening post opinion then they can just disagree. 

Edit:

• Allkpop
  • Onehallyu
  • Karaboard
  • everkara
  • withKARA..
  • karaholic

quoting opinion is allowed as long as you are Agree with the Statement.

• -Everyone has their own opinion even if you are from other sites. we are ALL kamilia after all. the Quoted Opinion is relevant to the topic.
  • Our interest is KARA
  • We are labeled as KARA fan. which is KAMILIA
  • The Thread name after KARA

so 

• - I don't see a problem why you don't need to quote if its comes from Another sites..
Edited by edr49890
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

hope everything's get better especially for KARA.

what's the meaning he's in charge of KARA

it will interesting "IF" he got that position because successful kara in japan when kara are under his management..

who knows right..

sorry to make common sense of speculation.. :refreshed: