[2014.04.06] KARA's Jiyoung Heartfelt Message From London!

Chiaro

KARA's Kang Jiyoung who left for London on April 5th has left a heartfelt hand-written message on her instagram for Kamilias all around the world. The former KARA member, Jiyoung, had decided to flew over to London to continue her study and deepen her English skills, as well as to enjoy a new atmosphere and a new freedom. She follows a similar path as her colleague, Nicole who went to the United States after ending her contract with DSP Media and leaving KARA.

As she greets the fans, she showed her skills by writing the letter in 2 version, Korean and Japanese, which were both posted on her Instagram. Make sure to check out her Instagram @kkangjji_.

Here's what the letter says!

Hello, it’s Ji Young.

I think it’s been a long time since I am writing to you like this again. I picked up a pen because I wanted to properly convey my true thoughts to everyone. I am sure you’ve already read the news articles, but I left for London on the 5th. Although I came to the UK where a friend of mine is living since I was a little afraid going it alone, I realized how precious the people around me are, since until now, other people always took care of me, including the members and the staff colleagues.

Perhaps it is because I’ve come to this point always looking forward and in a constant hurry, but I am really happy right now and spending it to the fullest. I am going to read a lot, study English, and travel, as well, and want to experience many different things that I was not able to before. I don’t know when, but I will return as more a grown and fabulous person. I hope that you can wait for me and don’t forget about me! I will try my best to repay the boundless love you’ve given me.

I will send my regards time to time! I know I’ve given some concerns, and on that I want to give my sincerest apologies. No matter, don’t worry about me from now on, I am brave and healthy. Please be happy and healthy! Please send me your encouragements and cheers. Thank you.

2014.4.6 Jiyoung from England

We wish Jiyoung a happy time in England. Thank you for working hard as a member of KARA for all these years!

Article written by: Chiaro

Source: kkangjji_ (Jiyoung's IG)

• Like 4

There's another translation which says "I'm a little scared, because I will be living alone without my friends or staff members to support me" instead of saying that she has a friend in the UK. Can anyone explain why the two translations are so different?

Hello. I'm sure that this one is the right one. Another staff KH also translate it as this and so does Soompi :)

There's another translation which says "I'm a little scared, because I will be living alone without my friends or staff members to support me" instead of saying that she has a friend in the UK. Can anyone explain why the two translations are so different?

That is not truly really a correct translation. It looks to be a Google translation. Trust me, I can read Korean.  

The above translation is mine. I am a bit surprised that Soompi is using my translation. Interesting...

Edited by ultraman88

Ji Young wrote in both Japanese and Korean. I am really really impressed and touch by that. It was also very neatly written. She is really good in Japanese! She wrote it in Kanji quite a high level of Japanese writing. I don't understand Japanese exactly so I am not sure. The translation could be different from where it is first translated from, might be the Japanese one?

I love this girl, I love this girl so much, I was upset cause she don't write a message for the anniversary but this, THIS, makes me love her again so much, more now!  

Good luck my sweet Jiyoung, I'll support you forever :)

Edited by Geassu

Ji Young wrote in both Japanese and Korean. She is really good in Japanese! She wrote it in Kanji quite a high level of Japanese writing. I don't understand Japanese exactly so I am not sure. The translation could be different from where it is first translated from, might be the Japanese one?

You know that Koreans use Chinese characters too? So it's not so difficult for her to write in kanji, I think.

And it's easier to read her kanji than her hiragana, tbh. For instance, she begins her letter by writing "ohisashiburi desu". But it really looks more like she wrote "yohisashiburi"...

But as far as that friend part goes, unless my eyes seeing something wrong, I think she writes:

"Hitori de sukoshi kowakata node tomodachi ga sunde iru Igirisu ni shimashita."

Which would translate (at least I think...)

"I am a bit afraid of being alone, so I chose UK, because a friend is living there."

Can't comment on Korean message, as I don't speak a single word of Korean...